BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M Performance Exhaust Valve Behavior

09-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #177
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM240 View Post
Does anyone know how to pair a used Bluetooth remote with the MPE (already installed)? Just bought a lightly used M2 (unbelievable spec!) and bought a remote off someone on here and my local dealer was kind of clueless when I first asked about pairing it. I haven’t taken delivery yet as still waiting on title but very interested in getting my ducks in a row.
I’ve read you can reset ECU in trunk with a pen but not exactly sure how to pair
See here (MPE Pairing thread: see here):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
I lost connection to mine and from what I read online you have to press and hold the remote button for 15-20 seconds while holding it right next to the module in the trunk. Do this while the module is on. Worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Hold down the button for about 10-15 seconds close to the controller box in the trunk.
Should re-pair right up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Try this:
Replace the battery first on the bluetooth controller
then:
While the switch is off in the trunk, hold down the remote for roughly 5 seconds, continue holding it then flip the switch on in the trunk. after 5 seconds release the button...
Then: double press the remote and see what happens
And in case you did the 'MPE hack' (permanently open or closed valves: see here): no re-pairing required after plugging the grey plug back into the MPE module.