BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2020 M2c auto start stop light flickering and bucking at stop

07-23-2023, 02:56 PM   #1
Lilb1433
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Angry 2020 M2c auto start stop light flickering and bucking at stop

I bought this 2020 M2c auto about a year ago now and I’ve put some decent miles on it. The car has never felt right in my opinion. A minor but very annoying problem I keep having is when I come to a stop about 1-5 seconds after the car will buck forward blipping between 200-500 rpm. If I’m not on the brake it could potentially hit someone in front of me. I’ve noticed the auto start stop light above the button will flicker whenever the car does that or isn’t feeling right. I took the car to the dealer and they said the battery was good and they can’t help until something breaks 😂. So does anyone have any ideas? I am desperate for solutions.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 07:49 PM   #2
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Disable the stop/start, it’s a horrendous feature that was entirely done to pass emissions cycle testing & provides absolutely nothing of value whatsoever to any vehicle, causing premature wear to starters, batteries, solenoids, flywheels, clutches etc etc. It’s also a major safety issue due to the delay in response required when moving away.
If you think your going to save a few dollars on fuel you can rest assured that any potential saving will be well & truly negated by the cost of premature component replacement requirements.
      07-24-2023, 03:09 AM   #3
Lilb1433
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Disable the stop/start, it’s a horrendous feature that was entirely done to pass emissions cycle testing & provides absolutely nothing of value whatsoever to any vehicle, causing premature wear to starters, batteries, solenoids, flywheels, clutches etc etc. It’s also a major safety issue due to the delay in response required when moving away.
If you think your going to save a few dollars on fuel you can rest assured that any potential saving will be well & truly negated by the cost of premature component replacement requirements.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the misunderstanding but the auto start stop is disabled at all times. I never use it but I’ve just noticed that the light above it goes crazy. Im trying to figure out how to upload a video of it 😂. Kinda new to this app. My local dealer had they’re “master tech” look at it and he even told me it’s not supposed to do that.
Appreciate 0