BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > TCU recall/flash??

09-14-2022, 12:17 PM   #1
GjXray
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, VW GTI,

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [10.00]
TCU recall/flash??

I just dropped my M2C for the last factory service. Oil change, brake fluid flush and change. I declined the plugs, and filters . I changed those when I put the Carbahn tune.

The service manager was confused by a BMW "recall" requiring a TCU flash. I declined due to tune. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 01:20 PM   #2
Zeese
a coffee drinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT (LBB)

This?
https://www.aboutautomobile.com/Tech...rer-Telematics
You will need to get go through the same process as you did with the original Carbahn tune after the update. Assumes BMW processes update the iSTEP to the latest as a part of the work.
Overly cautious, I am. Remove the Carbahn tune, visited a dealer, the TCU was updated, shared data (file) with Carbahn, applied the new tune (same as the old tune).
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
GjXray
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, VW GTI,

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeese View Post
This?
https://www.aboutautomobile.com/Tech...rer-Telematics
You will need to get go through the same process as you did with the original Carbahn tune after the update. Assumes BMW processes update the iSTEP to the latest as a part of the work.
Overly cautious, I am. Remove the Carbahn tune, visited a dealer, the TCU was updated, shared data (file) with Carbahn, applied the new tune (same as the old tune).
Thank you for the link! My dealer knows I have Carbahn. He wasn't sure what the update was for, or just didn't want to say. Either way, I was paranoid they may somehow lock it down. Plus, I really don't want to pull the the DME again unless it's really needed. Thanks again
Appreciate 0