02-15-2016, 08:15 AM   #45
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PILOT View Post
I noticed that too, maybe they gave the manuals to men who weren't wearing a sports coat with red sneakers.....
Harsh commentary, sig thief!

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #46
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Chris Harris (03:26-03:50): "And look at this thing I've got here ! Look at this lever ! What's this now: braking. Only to go manually. 4th. Blip the throttle myself . 3rd. Aah, I love it, I just love it. There is no beating three pedals and a stick. And for that alone this car [Cayman GT4] is an absolute triumph, I have to say. A triumph."

Weird choice of BMW not to bring an M2 6MT into the Laguna Seca arena. Maybe to avoid journalists discussing too hard to get behind the wheel ?
You do remember BMW in his wisdom and "generosity" provided the M2 with the automatic rev-matching system ("engine speed adaptation") that you can deactivate only in DSC OFF mode (not even in sport+ mode... ) ? Not so much of a triumph after all... , but I suppose we should just be happy that a manual still exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth519 View Post

One of the reasons why I ordered a manual car.
BMW might keep the manual for another generation, but I don't have much hope past that. The A45 and RS3 are a good example that this shift (no pun intended) is already happening even down in the compact segment.
As the next generation M2 will be a FWD based A45/RS3 clone most probably and the future M3 more "electronic" then ever, I don't see any other manual M in the future...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #47
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
You do remember BMW in his wisdom and "generosity" provided the M2 with the automatic rev-matching system ("engine speed adaptation") that you can deactivate only in DSC OFF mode (not even in sport+ mode... ) ? Not so much of a triumph after all... , but I suppose we should just be happy that a manual still exists...

As the next generation M2 will be a FWD based A45/RS3 clone most probably and the future M3 more "electronic" then ever, I don't see any other manual M in the future...
Where was there any indication that the ENTIRE 2 series platform was switching to fwd? Last I saw it was the 1 series and just the 2 active tourer models?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #48
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Where was there any indication that the ENTIRE 2 series platform was switching to fwd? Last I saw it was the 1 series and just the 2 active tourer models?
New Sedan is also FWD, not sure if that will be a 1-series or a 2-series.

MR
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #49
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
I'll try and find the source, but this was announced late last year. Sad, but true.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #50
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

There is a 2 series sedan (FWD/maybe long wheelbase) for China only at this time

The SAV is supposed to be the other FWD in the 2 range

BMW can still make a RWD on the UKL+ platform

So this is why there is chatter about the M2GC on the UKL+ platform but there is also chatter that the X2/m sport whatever may be the new M2GC as they know more people will buy it

So you have ukl/ukl+/clar

So send the demand signal - sport 4 coupe or cuv

I would say the M2/M2xxi is in between the ukl and the 3/5 and up - it is in its own middle ground that can take from either side

This also allows BMW flex/agility between both sides and allows modularity with Mini - this allows progressive sharing/design
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #51
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman Murch View Post
There is a 2 series sedan (FWD/maybe long wheelbase) for China only at this time

The SAV is supposed to be the other FWD in the 2 range

BMW can still make a RWD on the UKL+ platform

So this is why there is chatter about the M2GC on the UKL+ platform but there is also chatter that the X2/m sport whatever may be the new M2GC as they know more people will buy it

So you have ukl/ukl+/clar

So send the demand signal - sport 4 coupe or cuv

I would say the M2/M2xxi is in between the ukl and the 3/5 and up - it is in its own middle ground that can take from either side

This also allows BMW flex/agility between both sides and allows modularity with Mini - this allows progressive sharing/design
you mean 1 series SEDAN. That show car that someone from Bimmerpost erroneously stated is a preview of the 2 series, really is a preview of the 1 series sedan.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1197290
Appreciate 0