BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > LBB M2 sound from laps at BMW Welt

02-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #45
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
If you'll see a grey, white or Black M2 it's like: "oh nice, what is this. Looks really nice and sporty. Darling, hand me a coffee."

If you'll catch a LBB M2 it's like: " What the hell is this thing. Woaaah!! Can't think abount anything else for the day!"

It looks so unique in this color.
+1

This color is on continuous debate here, that`s exactly why I want it.

LBB makes this forum alive, LBB makes the M2 alive.......and kicking
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #46
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
If you'll see a grey, white or Black M2 it's like: "oh nice, what is this. Looks really nice and sporty. Darling, hand me a coffee."

If you'll catch a LBB M2 it's like: " What the hell is this thing. Woaaah!! Can't think abount anything else for the day!"

+1
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #47
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Hey Dack, so does this mean I have to endure the torture of not being able to pickbupbmy launch car until mid April?
IDK... BMW first said M2 deliveries start in April. But then I heard thru the grapevine that deliveries might be pushed back to June/July. I have a friend Artemis who has a M2 on order in Belgium... his dealer is saying that his M2 will arrive in April. I think we just have to sit tight on this one. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
He should have done a full drift around there!
Someone here on our forum did that already when he picked up his 1M at the Welt. He made a video and posted it(!)... and everyone on 1Addicts went bat-shit crazy in discuss.

I found it amusing. But there was A LOT of hate on the forums because he drifted inside the Welt AND even more outside in the parking lot. What he did was not that out of control nor bad. Heck even the staff at BMW were happy he showed so much care in his drifting.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #48
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Someone here on our forum did that already when he picked up his 1M at the Welt. He made a video and posted it(!)... and everyone on 1Addicts went bat-shit crazy in discuss.

I found it amusing. But there was A LOT of hate on the forums because he drifted inside the Welt AND even more outside in the parking lot. What he did was not that out of control nor bad. Heck even the staff at BMW were happy he showed so much care in his drifting.

Dackel
Everyone these days acts like they've never redlined their JB4'd 335 on the Internet when someone on YouTube crosses a double yellow or is speeding thru canyons.

I've never seem that video, though. Did it get deleted?
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #49
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Everyone these days acts like they've never redlined their JB4'd 335 on the Internet when someone on YouTube crosses a double yellow or is speeding thru canyons.

I've never seem that video, though. Did it get deleted?
Yes, there was so much hate - the OP ask to have the thread deleted.

I only remember it was a black 1M, with German plates bc the owner was an EU guy.

This might be him... but I am not sure. I only remember he did several drifts inside upstairs and then a few smokey drifts outside in the parking lot.

These videos are from past DTM days at the Welt...

Appreciate 1
      02-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #50
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
There was some indulgence by BMW staff because the drift guy already had quite a BMW collection, if I remember correctly.

Nevertheless it was considered by many comments as rather inappropriate, sacrilege and/or immature.
      02-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #51
Artemis
Rep

Déjà-vu.

02-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #52
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Hey Dack, so does this mean I have to endure the torture of not being able to pickbupbmy launch car until mid April?
Quote:
IDK... BMW first said M2 deliveries start in April. But then I heard thru the grapevine that deliveries might be pushed back to June/July. I have a friend Artemis who has a M2 on order in Belgium... his dealer is saying that his M2 will arrive in April. I think we just have to sit tight on this one. ?
April 16, 2016 = M2 stash release (except if BMW changes plans).

02-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #53
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:

Totally agree!

I swear 95% of the cars where I live are either white, silver, grey, black. Then you have the odd blue or red or some off color.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 02:03 AM   #54
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Nice speed on that back straight, looks planted in the turns too. Sounds nice, looking forward to hearing it with the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #55
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Again I am perplexed at the complexity of LBB. It has so many different appearances in different lighting
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0