BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Things to do in Vancouver?

09-14-2022, 06:20 PM   #1
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Things to do in Vancouver?

I'm taking a solo trip to Vancouver this weekend. Staying at the Listel Hotel in the West End of Downtown. I'll be doing a jet ski tour on Saturday morning. Other than that, don't have much planned except maybe visiting some parks and hiking trails. Any one have any recommendations? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
bdogk
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS,M4GTS,'21-X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
I'm taking a solo trip to Vancouver this weekend. Staying at the Listel Hotel in the West End of Downtown. I'll be doing a jet ski tour on Saturday morning. Other than that, don't have much planned except maybe visiting some parks and hiking trails. Any one have any recommendations? Thanks!
Some suggestions:
- since you're staying in the West End visit Stanley Park, Robson Street and Canada Place/Jack Pool Plaza
- go to Granville Island Market and walk along seawall
- If you have time, take a drive up Sea To Sky highway to Whistler and spend the day there. Lots of outdoor things to do and it won't be crowded since it's shoulder season now
- Along the Sea To Sky highway, stop by the Sea To Sky Gondola for a ride and hike
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 02:22 PM   #3
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogk View Post
Some suggestions:
- since you're staying in the West End visit Stanley Park, Robson Street and Canada Place/Jack Pool Plaza
- go to Granville Island Market and walk along seawall
- If you have time, take a drive up Sea To Sky highway to Whistler and spend the day there. Lots of outdoor things to do and it won't be crowded since it's shoulder season now
- Along the Sea To Sky highway, stop by the Sea To Sky Gondola for a ride and hike
Thanks for the suggestions!

Do you recommend the Capilano Bridge at all? That’s basically the first thing that pops up in every Google search.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 05:40 PM   #4
CeeTH
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!

Do you recommend the Capilano Bridge at all? That’s basically the first thing that pops up in every Google search.
Not a Vancouverite but I visit decently often. If you've already been to other suspension bridges, I would pass. There's the bridge, and then on the other side, you'll walk along a path around the 'foresty' area. It'll take 30-45ish mins to walk it all and I don't feel like we got our ticket price worth out of it. But if that appeals to you, go for it!

If you're active though, I'd definitely give Grouse Grind a go, it's a little bit further up the road from Capilano.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2022, 06:13 PM   #5
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTH View Post
Not a Vancouverite but I visit decently often. If you've already been to other suspension bridges, I would pass. There's the bridge, and then on the other side, you'll walk along a path around the 'foresty' area. It'll take 30-45ish mins to walk it all and I don't feel like we got our ticket price worth out of it. But if that appeals to you, go for it!

If you're active though, I'd definitely give Grouse Grind a go, it's a little bit further up the road from Capilano.
Thanks! I've been looking at Grouse. Thinking of getting a lift ticket and just spending a day exploring there. Saw they have zip lining, which looks pretty cool.
Appreciate 0