BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Questions about 6Sixty Wheels

08-16-2017, 03:19 AM   #1
K1won
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Rollercoaster

Questions about 6Sixty Wheels

I love how the 6sixty wheels came out, but I know nothing about it.

Tried to auto-translate the video and figure out, but that just doesn't help.

Could somebody translate what JP Performance is saying about the 6Sixty wheels in English? Or just summarize what he is saying?

I think he talks about the flow forming wheels, the thickness of spokes, the indentation on the spokes, and etc.

Maybe about the materials 6sixty uses, how they made it, and design concepts as well.

He talks about the wheels from 2:00 to about 7:00. Let me know if you could help.

Thanks

K

Last edited by K1won; 08-16-2017 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1won View Post

I love how the 6sixty wheels came out, but I know nothing about it.

Tried to auto-translate the video and figure out, but that just doesn't help.

Could somebody translate what JP Performance is saying about the 6Sixty wheels in English? Or just summarize what he is saying?

I think he talks about the flow forming wheels, the thickness of spokes, the indentation on the spokes, and etc.

Maybe about the materials 6sixty uses, how they made it, and design concepts as well.

He talks about the wheels from 2:00 to about 7:00. Let me know if you could help.

Thanks

K
Hey

Sorry I just saw this. I co founded the 6Sixty Brand with one of my friends who has been in the wheel industry for a long time and was involved in the design process for this particular model called the Emblem.

They are the same wheels we run on our M2 GTS project, F10 M5 and what we ran on our F80 M3 when we had it.

The wheels are one piece forged and machined out of T6061. They are not flow formed.

The M2/M4 fitment in 19" is now TUV approved also. Let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

How do we get them in the U.S.?
      10-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
M2ED
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

My German language skills suck so I did not comprehend much of what looks to be both an informative and entertaining video. Sorry. Did I correctly understand the presenter as saying that the M2 OEM wheels are “flow formed” and not truly forged? Also, I would be interested in a U.S. source for these wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Hey

Sorry I just saw this. I co founded the 6Sixty Brand with one of my friends who has been in the wheel industry for a long time and was involved in the design process for this particular model called the Emblem.

They are the same wheels we run on our M2 GTS project, F10 M5 and what we ran on our F80 M3 when we had it.

The wheels are one piece forged and machined out of T6061. They are not flow formed.

The M2/M4 fitment in 19" is now TUV approved also. Let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 05:34 AM   #5
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
How do we get them in the U.S.?
You can buy them directly from us. Shoot me a PM or preferably an email for a quote...sales@evolveautomotive.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
M2C
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i xDrive

Hey Imran, could you please let me know the size of the 6 Sixty Emblem rims (width, offset)? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0