BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Is the OEM muffler supposed to be somewhat loose?

07-13-2023, 11:45 PM   #1
Boba1214
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Is the OEM muffler supposed to be somewhat loose?

Hi all, I just installed AA equal length mid pipe and I was getting very faint banging sound whenever I go over a bump. I double checked under and my exhaust is not touching anything.

Turns out, it was the OEM M2C muffler that is loose enough to hit my rear diffuser when I push the muffler up while underneath the car.

Upon further inspection, I found that it was the two black rubber grommets holding the rear muffler that is flexing as I try to shake the muffler. Otherwise, all bolts are very tight.

I don't recall the muffler was this loose. Are the rubber grommets going bad? They look to be in good condition still. Just wanted to check with y'all to see if the muffler is supposed to flex like that.
Appreciate 1