BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Looking for seat recommendations

01-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #23
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
I am using OEM manual seat rail sliders that I bought used and paired it with 55parts side adapters. The OEM rails are rock solid and the seating position of the 55parts side adapters are fantastic.

Fortunately, with AMX Performance I met up with him in Germany, so the lead time wasn’t bad.

I also bought duplicate wire harness from, seat belt buckle, and emulators so swapping seats is easy. No need for coding out SRS errors or removing anything from the stock seat except the grey module.

https://55parts.de/collections/m-mod...-seitenadapter
Where did you buy emulators ,seat belt buckles, and spare wiring harness from?
      01-30-2022, 06:28 AM   #24
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman’s Brother View Post
Thought I’d mention this hear for the OP and anyone else….

I added Schroth Quick-Fit Pro harnesses and it couldn’t have made a bigger difference.

I no longer feel that seats are a need. Start with harnesses if you’re in an OG where they’ll work, and you’ll likely find you get the effect you were after with seats from the harnes alone.

The first time I got to completely ‘hang’ from the shoulder straps during hard breaking into a hairpin was when I realized how much more focused I was as a result of them. Same thing applies to sweepers where you’re locked in and not smooshed into your door. Game changer.
Another tip for the OG seats - flip the headrests around backwards... much better head/helmet position. And there is an pretty easy way to get them back out but I'll let everyone figure that out on their own
I messed around with trying to get them out for 30 min before searching on YouTube and doing it in 5 seconds lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #25
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

I have cobra nagaros in mine. I wanted the seats to match but I'm second guessing myself now. I may end up selling one of the nagaros and putting in the OMP WRC-XL.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 07:19 AM   #26
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Where did you buy emulators ,seat belt buckles, and spare wiring harness from?
I picked up the wiring harness OEM from Baum Automobile GMBH for about $50, but in reality I just searched the part number and picked up the best deal. With the belt buckle / pretensioners, I was able to find them on eBay. Driver side was band new and passenger was barely used. Passenger is easier to find. I think I got them in the $80 range - buying these new from BMW is very expensive. Before I found a second set I just used the ones from my original seats.

For the airbag and passenger seat occupancy sensor emulators, I ordered them from Blshop24.com. AMX Performance has the airbag emulators too, in a more compact package…not sure if he sells them individually, but if he does, go that route. The harder thing to find is a second set of blue (airbag), black (pass occupancy sensor) plugs. The White plug (seat belt) and grey plug (passenger seat position sensor) come with the pretensioner and wiring harness respectively. You can’t buy any of the plugs from BMW, and they are also a restricted item from the manufacturer (I contacted TE connectivity directly). AMX performance sourced OEM black/blue plugs for me. A second set isn’t mandatory as you can just swap from your original seats, but it speeds up the time of switching seats back and forth.

If interested, let me know and I can dig up all the part numbers and explain more specifics. Will just take me a bit of time to put it all together.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2022, 07:31 AM   #27
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Have you considered the Recaro Sporster line?
They are really well suited to dual purpose use.
The 3pt belts work fine & also can be reclined.

Attachment 2780216
I would love to have these, but I'm short, and not sure how I'd get them to the correct height. As it is I have my seat all the way up, and could still use 5 millimeters.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 05:51 AM   #28
M2 Ziggy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Hi looking for some advice on emulators or coding required for my new seats

I have ordered a set of cobra nogaro circuits I am having oem seat heating elements installed so will remove the seat modules and all wiring harness.

Am I correct that I will only need a passenger side occupancy sensor emulator.

I will be using the standard seat belt buckles as I will use the brey krause cobra nogarao mounts
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 07:28 AM   #29
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Ziggy View Post
Hi looking for some advice on emulators or coding required for my new seats

I have ordered a set of cobra nogaro circuits I am having oem seat heating elements installed so will remove the seat modules and all wiring harness.

Am I correct that I will only need a passenger side occupancy sensor emulator.

I will be using the standard seat belt buckles as I will use the brey krause cobra nogarao mounts
You will need to swap the modules (or code new ones) and wiring harness (I think it’s easier to buy a new one) to keep seat heating, will also need to emulate airbags (blue plug) for driver and passenger, or code it out. US spec needs passenger seat position sensor (grey plug on passenger side), too.. not sure about your specific spec. Should have a code reader handy capable of removing SRS errors once you unplug the seats (or disconnect battery first).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 07:36 AM   #30
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

I have worked with a coding guy that can help and do this remotely. PM me.

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #31
M2 Ziggy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Ok thanks

I'm in the UK I will just code everything out I didn't realise it was that simple.

I will strip the wiring harness and seat module of the old seats won't be using them again. There no good on track and uncomfortable for long road journeys.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2022, 03:18 AM   #32
M2 Ziggy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Finally fitted my cobra nogaro circuit seats I've had them matched to the interior with polar blue stitching. I also had oem seat heating pads installed by cobra.

I stripped the wiring and seat modules from the original seats so the seat heating works from the original switches. The airbag and passenger warnings I had coded out.

I used BK rails that fit onto my manual sliders installation was pretty straight forward.

These seats are a vast improvement on the originals even for daily driving there more comfortable. You are now properly held in place when driving quickly instead of gripping onto the steering wheel.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 06:08 AM   #33
Vojta89
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2 Competition

I bought used Porsche 991 GT3 seats and did individual upholstery on them.

They are foldable, they are very comfy even for long trips (was more relaxed in them thank in optional M2 Comp seats on my ways to Nordschleife, which us about 700 km one way), they support the body well, they have hole in bottom for 6 point harness. They are just best foldable seats I've ever sit in

Sliders and brackets from Porsche fits with drilling new hole in the slider at front (or you can use some aftermarket sliders and brackets). You need to redo electric for functional airbag, code out seat belt bing and seat heating (if you have it).
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
DRLane3988.50
bentom2335.50
FaRKle!4017.00
jwr915242.00