BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Better audio for track videos?

05-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #1
neonbrown
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Better audio for track videos?

Hey guys im searching for ways to bring better production value to my track videos. I want to start with audio.

I'm currently only running one go pro 8 in the car and get a lot of wind noise that muds out the exhaust tone during HPDE events.

I am thinking about purchasing another along with a purple panda mic and attaching it on the rear bumper to better capture exhaust tones throughout my sessions.

what are some of you guys doing or think would work best to get some better audio on these track videos?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 05:45 PM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Get a wireless lavalier mic on Amazon (like this), attach the receiver to your GoPro, and put the transmitter in the trunk (I clip it to one of the cargo hooks behind the tail light), then run the wire out of the trunk and clip it to the license plate pointing down at the exhaust.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 3
OG Shark4692.50
neonbrown274.50
      05-26-2022, 07:49 AM   #3
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Get a wireless lavalier mic on Amazon (like this), attach the receiver to your GoPro, and put the transmitter in the trunk (I clip it to one of the cargo hooks behind the tail light), then run the wire out of the trunk and clip it to the license plate pointing down at the exhaust.
This - helps to have a dead cat on the mic too.
Appreciate 1
neonbrown274.50
      05-26-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
neonbrown
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Thanks. Ordered and will definitely try this!

Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0