BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive 6 Lost Option to Search Albums After Upgrade

03-14-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
Threnody
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C, 2018 VW Golf R

Garage List
2018 VW Golf R  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
iDrive 6 Lost Option to Search Albums After Upgrade

Howdy folks,

I've got a bit of a weird issue that I haven't had much luck finding information on. My M2C was recently in at the dealer for its 3G sunset service and I've noticed that post-service, which I'm assuming included an update to iDrive due to most of my settings having returned to factory default, I no longer have the option to search music albums on a connected USB drive.

The option was definitely there prior to the service, but it's simply not there anymore (not like it's there and greyed out, I mean it's literally not an option); there's only the option to search by Artist, then to search by Track. Nothing changed about the directory structure on the drive itself, which follows a standard Artist > Album > Song tree. The drive is a 128GB SanDisk USB drive; it was formatted as NTFS, and in troubleshooting this I've formatted it to exFAT and found it to behave identically.

What's interesting is that the internal storage drive of the car still has the option to search by album, just not an external drive. I've not been able to try another USB drive yet, which is my next test, but wanted to ask the community if anyone has come across this / has any ideas on the matter. Unfortunately I've found the internal storage to have insufficient space for my needs, and the streaming audio quality on this platform is pretty poor; using a USB drive has been the only good compromise for me so far on this car; i've been able to get by with some of the idiosyncrasies of iDrive's music player (why won't it proceed to the next album after it's exhausted the current one?!), but the inability to search by albums is a hassle I'd really like to get corrected.

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated!
Appreciate 1
Kid Eh569.50
      03-27-2024, 10:07 AM   #2
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue and it’s been driving me bonkers. Thanks.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0