BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Forsale[bayarea]: Bbs fi-r limited edition

07-07-2022, 01:15 AM   #1
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Forsale[bayarea]: Bbs fi-r limited edition

SOLD

Last edited by krudmunk; 09-12-2022 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      07-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Your first 4 pictures appear to be altered with regards to saturation, or are your brake calipers really baby blue? If they are altered it doesn't work well in a FS ad for an $8500 set of wheels.

I recommend you take some better, true-to-life photo's in shadow and in sun to fully represent what you're selling.

I also recommend you measure the tread depth of the tires with a gauge. The last thing anyone wants to do is buy a $10K set of wheels and tires and have a shop dismount tires because they have no life left.

Fantastic set at a great price for sure.

GLWS
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #3
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Your first 4 pictures appear to be altered with regards to saturation, or are your brake calipers really baby blue? If they are altered it doesn't work well in a FS ad for an $8500 set of wheels.

I recommend you take some better, true-to-life photo's in shadow and in sun to fully represent what you're selling.

I also recommend you measure the tread depth of the tires with a gauge. The last thing anyone wants to do is buy a $10K set of wheels and tires and have a shop dismount tires because they have no life left.

GLWS
relax, someone has already checked these out on the F80 side of the forums and posted photos next to their Miami Blue F80. They look as legit as they can be. They remind me of the TE37 bronze. So I'm a fan.

OP, had you come out to Laguan Seca a few weeks back these would have already been in my possession and you'd have the full amount in your account

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #4
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
relax, someone has already checked these out on the F80 side of the forums and posted photos next to their Miami Blue F80. They look as legit as they can be.
I'm very relaxed, I was just remarking on how it's bad practice to desaturate your pictures in a FS post of a $10K set of wheels that has everything to do with color. Unless he actually has baby purple calipers. Pictures 5 & 6 look good.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
I'm very relaxed, I was just remarking on how it's bad practice to desaturate your pictures in a FS post of a $10K set of wheels that has everything to do with color. Unless he actually has baby purple calipers. Pictures 5 & 6 look good.
You are making the assumption that the photos were altered. Unfortunately that is the way some cameras produce images. Not everyone is a photographer that has expensive cameras.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #6
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
You are making the assumption that the photos were altered. Unfortunately that is the way some cameras produce images. Not everyone is a photographer that has expensive cameras.
I've been around a lot of cameras (including those on phones since the beginning) and I've never seen one turn the stock blue brakes to baby purple. But I suppose it's possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 01:09 AM   #7
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

GLWS
Thanks for your recommendations! Both tires and wheels are pretty much brand new. I added few more extra pictures that were edited bit to show the most recent condition of the wheels before I took them off the car.

First 4 pictures desatured the blues only bit, around 15-20% less. Mostly because nardo grey tend to catch blue hues in the shade more. This is why it looks kinda baby blue-ish. I took first 4 and last 2 with Sony A7ii in the shade. And 5 and 6 with iPhone with some direct sunlight.

This bronze color is quite dynamic. Looks quite different in the shade and in the sunlight. Hard to explain. I think photos don't do the FIR justice. It looks soo much better in person!

Also, I'm only doing local sales in the Bay Area. So if someone is really interested then they are more than welcome to see the wheels in person. Couple of forum members have already showed interest and have seen the wheels in person also.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      07-08-2022, 01:12 AM   #8
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
relax, someone has already checked these out on the F80 side of the forums and posted photos next to their Miami Blue F80. They look as legit as they can be. They remind me of the TE37 bronze. So I'm a fan.

OP, had you come out to Laguan Seca a few weeks back these would have already been in my possession and you'd have the full amount in your account
Since BBS FIR is forged and made in Japan. It's very likely that BBS might use same bronze supplier as Volk/Rays for their paint. Both use liquid paint and not powder.

Last edited by krudmunk; 07-08-2022 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 07:28 AM   #9
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmunk View Post
Thanks for your recommendations! Both tires and wheels are pretty much brand new. I added few more extra pictures that were edited bit to show the most recent condition of the wheels before I took them off the car.

First 4 pictures desatured the blues only bit, around 15-20% less. Mostly because nardo grey tend to catch blue hues in the shade more. This is why it looks kinda baby blue-ish. I took first 4 and last 2 with Sony A7ii in the shade. And 5 and 6 with iPhone with some direct sunlight.

This bronze color is quite dynamic. Looks quite different in the shade and in the sunlight. Hard to explain. I think photos don't do the FIR justice. It looks soo much better in person!

Also, I'm only doing local sales in the Bay Area. So if someone is really interested then they are more than welcome to see the wheels in person. Couple of forum members have already showed interest and have seen the wheels in person also.
Makes sense.

After you do your desaturation of the blues, just use the history tool on the brakes. And I feel your pain with all of this, I'm constantly fighting the blue in everything, and trying to capture the real color and finish on wheels.

No one in the world seeing these wheels in person wouldn't want them. You don't need any luck with this sale, great wheels, great price.

Cheers.
Appreciate 1
krudmunk343.00
      07-13-2022, 01:49 AM   #10
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep

BUMP! Updated with new photos. Demounted the tires. I uploaded 3 pictures of each wheel. Front face, angle, and barrel from the back. Hopefully this is enough to assess the condition of the wheels.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      07-24-2022, 08:30 PM   #11
swcc50
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmunk View Post
BUMP! Updated with new photos. Demounted the tires. I uploaded 3 pictures of each wheel. Front face, angle, and barrel from the back. Hopefully this is enough to assess the condition of the wheels.
These are awesome. If my wife wouldn't kill me for buying 8k in rims these would be perfect
      09-04-2022, 12:49 AM   #12
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0