BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition Price

03-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #67
Mnoob2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 zcp / AP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulio2181 View Post
I've got an LCI with every option but CarPlay. OEM diffuser, grills, gills, performance steering wheel, and carbon center stack. With taxes and a full PPF body wrap, total was right around $70k.
70k$ before taxes and greasing stealership palms.

https://www.bmwencinitas.com/new/BMW...180cd11e14.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #68
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I'm hoping for at least a $10K increase in price, combined with a large amount of new owner dissatisfaction due to the car farts.
Ashamed to say me too (sorry to the Competition hopefuls). Large price increase with less balanced driving experience (nose heavy, tail happy, farty drag strip bunny) will lead to very high value retention on the cancelled N55 M2. Won't impact me financially of course (no intention to sell my gem) but would be much better than a drop to my piece of mind.
Appreciate 1
Wilsm2187.50
      03-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #69
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Ashamed to say me too (sorry to the Competition hopefuls). Large price increase with less balanced driving experience (nose heavy, tail happy, farty drag strip bunny) will lead to very high value retention on the cancelled N55 M2. Won't impact me financially of course (no intention to sell my gem) but would be much better than a drop to my piece of mind.
I have read that they are going to pipe the exhaust farting sounds in through the stereo system, and you will not be able to code it out. A researcher at the University of Hockenheim is going to track suicides in M2 Competition owners, and compare it to both the original and LCI version owners. This will be published in the Journal of Automotive Psychiatry, once enough data has been accumulated to reach statistical significance.
      03-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #70
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
I'm hoping for at least a $10K increase in price, combined with a large amount of new owner dissatisfaction due to the car farts.
Sounds like you two want what is best for yourselves rather than what is good for the advancement of these cars/what is good for the enthusiast community. Fair enough but this should not be a true enthusiast's outlook IMO.

This is the type of biased/complacent thought that leads to many big companies falling behind/going under. One day you may want the new one also if it improves enough, even if it's generations down the line.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #71
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
Sounds like you two want what is best for yourselves rather than what is good for the advancement of these cars/what is good for the enthusiast community. Fair enough but this should not be a true enthusiast's outlook IMO.

This is the type of biased/complacent thought that leads to many big companies falling behind/going under. One day you may want the new one also if it improves enough, even if it's generations down the line.
It was said tongue in cheek... but feel free to take it literally
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #72
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Some people like farting cars, what can I say?
      03-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #73
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Some people like farting cars, what can I say?
Seems like you've been speaking only tongue and cheek for several months then . Don't worry a lot of people will like it, farts and all. I can hear the journalist reviews already: 'Finally the 1/2er M gets a ground up M engine!'

Another positive thing is people who have been eyeing the N55 M2 and possibly even the 1M will be rewarded with potentially being able to enjoy those cars at a lower admission price on the pre-owned market
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #74
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Seems like you've been speaking only tongue and cheek for several months then . Don't worry a lot of people will like it, farts and all. I can hear the journalist reviews already: 'Finally the 1/2er M gets a ground up M engine!'

Another positive thing is people who have been eyeing the N55 M2 and possibly even the 1M will be rewarded with potentially being able to enjoy those cars at a lower admission price on the pre-owned market
this. i don't think there's any way around the fact that a good price drop for n55 m2's in the market is going to happen.

i honestly don't understand why they are priced the way they are now even...
Appreciate 2
Chako105.00
M3_WC1040.00
      03-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #75
Mstigator
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT

Quote:

Advancement? Sorry, don't view the S55 in the M2 as an Advancement or GOOD for the enthusiast community.

Who are you to be the last say in what's good for the community? Stop embarrassing yourself

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #76
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstigator View Post

Who are you to be the last say in what's good for the community? Stop embarrassing yourself
Fight.... fight.... fight....

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #77
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

It's already starting.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #78
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Advancement? Sorry, don't view the S55 in the M2 as an Advancement or GOOD for the enthusiast community.

Hahaha guess they are making it worse than the N55 M2 then and should price it less. I'm all for it
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #79
Mstigator
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha guess they are making it worse than the N55 M2 then and should price it less. I'm all for it
Intelligent/logical people understands, new =/= better or best, its just new.

Whether it is better/an advancement or not depends on the person you ask.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1465144
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #80
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:

Completely agree with this. I am assuming you think you're intelligent and logical.

Please do tell us how the N55 is better than an S55 apart from the exhaust note which is really a qualitative thing and not something that can be measured to objectively determine whether it is better or not.

Do educate us because you intelligently and logically think you know better than BMW.

In my experience I would think that Logical/Intelligent people would wait for the new car to be launched and driven before getting all defensive and arriving at illogical and impossible conclusions about which one is better.
Appreciate 5
Chako105.00
filet.M2c784.00
Mavus2029.50
M3_WC1040.00
chris7197334.00
      03-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #81
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:

The market actually understands this, for example when the new 991 GT3/GT3RS came out, the older 997 GT3/GT3RS basically did not depreciate at all and in many instances appreciated.

I am willing to bet that a year from now the N55 M2 will Not follow the 997 GT3/RS trend and will depreciate after the S55 M2 comes out - will you take the other side of that bet, or are you the one embarrassing yourself? How much are you willing to put down?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #82
Mstigator
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Completely agree with this. I am assuming you think you're intelligent and logical.

Please do tell us how the N55 is better than an S55 apart from the exhaust note which is really a qualitative thing and not something that can be measured to objectively determine whether it is better or not.

Do educate us because you intelligently and logically think you know better than BMW.

In my experience I would think that Logical/Intelligent people would wait for the new car to be launched and driven before getting all defensive and arriving at illogical and impossible conclusions about which one is better.
Yes be the sheep that believes everything a company put out as next gen is the better and must have product.

I don't need to wait for the new car to know I don't want a S55 in the car.

I reiterate, I don't have a problem someone thinking the new one will be better. Just don't state that as if everyone must believe what you believe.

Quote:
The market actually understands this, for example when the new 991 GT3/GT3RS came out, the older 997 GT3/GT3RS basically did not depreciate at all and in many instances appreciated.

I am willing to bet that a year from now the N55 M2 will Not follow the 997 GT3/RS trend and will depreciate after the S55 M2 comes out - will you take the other side of that bet, or are you the one embarrassing yourself? How much are you willing to put down?

Ah the internet forum bet. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and put down a non refundable deposit on the S55 M2?

Like I said I'll be keeping my M2 for a long time.

Hold on, so you're saying you let the market appreciation and depreciation of a car help you decide if a car is good for you?

I decide that for myself, guess everyone's different that way.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 07:26 PM   #83
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ah the internet forum bet. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and put down a non refundable deposit on the S55 M2?

Like I said I'll be keeping my M2 for a long time.

Hold on, so you're saying you let the market appreciation and depreciation of a car help you decide if a car is good for you?

I decide that for myself, guess everyone's different that way.
I am saying that if the older one is truly more desirable, its market value will reflect that. Another example is the older 993 Porsche vs 996. The market takes every buyer/sellers' opinion on which is better and comes to a consensus, you can't argue against it. What do you honestly think the market will say about N55 vs S55 M2? (Take into account any time horizon you wish)

My money is already on the S55 M2, and don't worry no one co-erced me into it, the decision was my own, lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #84
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

I like my M2, but I think the M2 Competition is going to be a new experience with the S55 engine. Definitely more powerful and thus more fun. Not on a list yet, does anyone know how big the lists are these days?
Appreciate 1
Chako105.00
      03-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #85
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes be the sheep that believes everything a company put out as next gen is the better and must have product.

I don't need to wait for the new car to know I don't want a S55 in the car.

I reiterate, I don't have a problem someone thinking the new one will be better. Just don't state that as if everyone must believe what you do.
I don’t think you get the point and it’s probably a waste of time trying to make you understand but I will try one more time.

You nor I or anyone else knows how the M2 Competition will be and it is a pointless exercise to try to come to any conclusions before we have the chance to drive it and see it fully in the flesh.

Also, I have never stated that the new one will be 100% better. I have merely stated that the new one could be better because the current one is already a great car.

It’s you who keeps stating that the M2 competition will be disaster without having seen or driven one.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #86
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
It's already starting.
Oh it started months ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #87
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

I'll go all of you pontificators one better;

I don't really care all that much if the S55-engined M2 is more highly valued years from now than my N55 version, assuming I still own it then. I also don't care if my soon-to-arrive LCI Mineral Grey stripped manual M2 depreciates by half during the next 4 years.

What I DO care about, is that I would be in a financial position where the resale value of my M2 has any impact on my financial well-being, or the prestige of my car has any impact on my sense of self worth. Either of these two scenarios would make me deeply depressed.
      03-05-2018, 11:11 PM   #88
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'll go all of you pontificators one better;

I don't really care all that much if the S55-engined M2 is more highly valued years from now than my N55 version, assuming I still own it then. I also don't care if my soon-to-arrive LCI Mineral Grey stripped manual M2 depreciates by half during the next 4 years.

What I DO care about, is that I would be in a financial position where the resale value of my M2 has any impact on my financial well-being, or the prestige of my car has any impact on my sense of self worth. Either of these two scenarios would make me deeply depressed.
Um aren’t you the guy that knew one of your cars was in bad shape so you purposely unloaded it onto someone else before it fell apart?

Sounds like a pretty garbage thing to do to a fellow human for someone basically gloating about their financial position. JMO though

Edit: (I could be mistaking you for someone else in which case I apologize)

Last edited by Chako; 03-05-2018 at 11:16 PM..
Appreciate 0