BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > SebsM2 Build: A Tastefully Modded FBO M2

02-02-2021, 07:02 AM   #45
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
1/21/21

So over the first few weeks of January, I was able to install the following

1. Rockford Fostgate 12" Powered Sub
This was super easy to install after picking up the TechnicPnP add a sub harness.
It sounds great but the full enjoyment has been snuffed by a few rattles I have still. I just need a bit more time with the car and I will track them down.

2. JL Audio C2-400X
Like the RF sub, it was plug and play. I think I could have skipped these as the sub overpowers them. However, they do sound pretty good when I disconnect the sub.

3. AutoID Long Beach Blue M-style Mirror housings
These look so much better than the carbon fiber caps I had before. The fitment is pretty good. I ordered the sequential turn signals off of eBay but sadly they didn't fit.

4. AutoID CF Shark fin
I was not happy with the way I wrapped my shark fin so I decided to pick this up off the forum. I would not have gotten it had it not been in the US-- customs had lots of fun with my autoID mirror housings. If any of you guys plan on picking this up, do yourself a favor and use your own double-sided tape.

5. BBS CIRs
Because of the 3/4 Series offsets, I went with 20mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers in the back. These look great and made me pretty happy with my exterior. I haven't decided if I want to keep the silver rim guards, black the rim guards out, or completely powdercoat these in triple bronze. What do you guys think?

6. Garmin Mini Dash Cam
I planned on getting the blackvue dash but found this for close to free so I will be running it for awhile.
Looks mega bud. Good job!
Appreciate 1
SebsM2649.00
      04-23-2021, 09:23 AM   #46
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

4/23

So here's a very overdue update on my build. I've been busy driving this thing every day after work . I've put 4,000 miles on it since pickup.

I've had a huge change of heart regarding this car's build. I kept on adding more carbon and gloss black bits. I was spending more and more money but the car looked cheaper and cheaper.
I decided I wanted a much cleaner, OEM+ look.

I started with wheels. I knew large, satin black bbs wheels didn't work for me. They always looked dirty and you could never see any detail. So I decided a change of diameter and color would really spruce up my car. I ended up purchasing a square 18x10 set of bimmerworld ta16s in silver and indy500 in 265/35/18 all around. Knowing that I wanted to keep these looking silver, I picked up some akebono ceramic brake pads after VisualEcho (will tag when not on mobile) suggested them. Goodbye brake dust! This has got to be my favorite mod so far honestly.

I also picked up some ap honeycomb rear reflectors from m2c_ban (will tag) and took off my reverse light tint.

I took off my eventuri intake as I couldn't hear it over my exhaust unless it was the low speed bottle blowing sound— so annoying! However, I missed the little bit of turbo induction noise I could hear so I picked up an mst intake. It could easily pass as OEM visually and its louder than the eventuri. It was also a quarter of the sale price of my eventuri. Triple win

Lastly, my lip was removed after a construction road got word I wanted to return to an OEM look. it was a cheap lip so it didn't hurt too bad. I was planning on taking it off anyway since gloss black didn't really work there anymore. I'm enjoying the low with no lip look but I'm sure I'll get a simple cf lip eventually.

I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to spring on the suvneer gts hood since it may go against my new OEM+ look I am going for.

My power goals pretty much remained the same or got bumped up. Plan on doing a pure800 in a year or two if I decide to keep this car for awhile. Nothing else interests me after looking into the m340i, supra, and even the cayman 4 cyl.
Attached Images

05-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #47
Sundinisagod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

That’s how it should look from the factory. So perfect!
Appreciate 1
SebsM2649.00
      05-13-2021, 03:00 PM   #48
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
That's how it should look from the factory. So perfect!
Thank you!
      05-30-2021, 02:32 AM   #49
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Figured I'd share a few photos
Attached Images

6speed_M23481.50
WOT Bimmer1220.50
smknjoe234.00
hson10140.00
      05-30-2021, 02:40 PM   #50
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
How do you like the Firehawks?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #51
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
How do you like the Firehawks?
To be completely honest, comparing to slightly used PSS that I got with my car they feel about the same. I think one of things I've noticed is that they take a tad longer to warm up on spirited drive.. could be placebo though. I don't think they're any noisier than PSS which is something I had read. I can't speak on wet performance because this car will not ever see rain for as long as I own it. With all that said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a square set of 265/18 for $740 installed over PS4S for like $1300.
      02-23-2023, 10:57 PM   #52
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Car looks great! Does the MST intake have that blowing air over a bottle noise at low rpm too?
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0