BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Can't feel torque!!

04-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #45
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I usually drive mine in Sport+. If you're telling me you don't feel the torque, you're either used to driving cars with 500+ hp or you're trolling.
I wish I was trolling. I've only driven the car once and first it was in comfort mode. And as I said sport + did improve it and even more so when I rolled down the windows to get rid of the droning from ASD... that drone simply makes you think the engine is working way too hard for the power you're getting... maybe I was too easy on the gas pedal because it was the first drive and I was babying it... all I can say objectively, is that at 3000 rpm the torque display was at 200... now if this is not a real torque display then it's useless but if it is, then the torque should be much higher than 200 at that rpm.... I'm staying optimistic that it's just me and not the car and I'm looking forward to a real test drive when this effin weather warms up
Step 1- Drove car once.
Step 2 - Complains on Internet.
Step 3- a troll is born.

Ah it all makes sense now. You're just butt hurt because you have a 1M. I'm sorry for that. Why don't you go troll on your own forum :
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      04-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #46
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I usually drive mine in Sport+. If you're telling me you don't feel the torque, you're either used to driving cars with 500+ hp or you're trolling.
I wish I was trolling. I've only driven the car once and first it was in comfort mode. And as I said sport + did improve it and even more so when I rolled down the windows to get rid of the droning from ASD... that drone simply makes you think the engine is working way too hard for the power you're getting... maybe I was too easy on the gas pedal because it was the first drive and I was babying it... all I can say objectively, is that at 3000 rpm the torque display was at 200... now if this is not a real torque display then it's useless but if it is, then the torque should be much higher than 200 at that rpm.... I'm staying optimistic that it's just me and not the car and I'm looking forward to a real test drive when this effin weather warms up
Step 1- Drove car once.
Step 1 - Complains on Internet.
Step 2 happy with so many useful replies/ suggestions

Step 2 - disappointed with idiotic replies such as yours

Step 2- why don't you go play on the highway, preferably without a seatbelt to help evolution
Why don't you go drive a second time ?
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #47
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Step 1- Drove car once.

Step 2- why don't you go play on the highway, preferably without a seatbelt to help evolution
Here's some material for your education:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/09/12/dy...vs-n55-engine/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #48
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Step 1- Drove car once.

I saw that dyno back when it was first printed.
Check the 1M forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #49
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Step 1- Drove car once.
Step 2 - Complains on Internet.
Step 3- a troll is born.

Ah it all makes sense now. You're just butt hurt because you have a 1M. I'm sorry for that. Why don't you go troll on your own forum :
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #50
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Step 1- Drove car once.

I saw that dyno back when it was first printed.
Cool! so you're an old, bitter, 1M-owning, disinformation spreading troll on our M2 forum. So accomplished
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      04-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #51
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

@M3 Adjuster

Be careful, Kevin has his first M.. and by his Rep Points, he really knows his shit.

After all, as he implies, the M2 is leagues better then your measly 1M.. or your M3, for that matter.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #52
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
You don't have a tire light on do you?

When I test drove my dad's M2, I was initially disappointed in the "ooomph" as well, since it felt considerably "less eager" is how I think I put it. But that's because the car was in comfort mode the entire time - if you've got the tire light on, the car reverts to comfort mode until the pressure is corrected.

After getting to drive it again and in Sport +, all of my initial impressions changed - it is definitely a fast car, and the short wheelbase adds to the overall feeling of craziness (in a good way).

I am really impressed with the car, so much that I am almost certain that I will get an M2C when my F80 lease is up. It's that good already....
jhp61220.00
      04-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #53
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
@M3 Adjuster

Be careful, Kevin has his first M.. and by his Rep Points, he really knows his shit.

After all, as he implies, the M2 is leagues better then your measly 1M.. or your M3, for that matter.
Haha, here come his minions to help him out lol! What cars do you drive my friend? I'm sorry if my comments added to your inferiority complex. They were uncalled for. Welcome to our M2 forum. We love and respect all M cars, specially our 1M ancestor.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      04-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #54
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

When I test drove my dad's M2, I was initially disappointed in the "ooomph" as well, since it felt considerably "less eager" is how I think I put it. But that's because the car was in comfort mode the entire time - if you've got the tire light on, the car reverts to comfort mode until the pressure is corrected.

After getting to drive it again and in Sport +, all of my initial impressions changed - it is definitely a fast car, and the short wheelbase adds to the overall feeling of craziness (in a good way).

I am really impressed with the car, so much that I am almost certain that I will get an M2C when my F80 lease is up. It's that good already....
I actually thought of that too and checked the tires. All pressures were perfect. Good call on the M2C. I'm sure the M2C will be an amazing car too and can't wait to see it!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #55
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
@M3 Adjuster

Haha, here come his minions to help him out lol! What cars do you drive my friend? I'm sorry if my comments added to your inferiority complex. They were uncalled for. Welcome to our M2 forum. We love and respect all M cars, specially our 1M ancestor.
Lol. Nice try.

I currently have an M4 & M2.

Move along son.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #56
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

This thread didn't need to go off the rails.
Appreciate 1
KevM2723.50
      04-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #57
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

This thread needs to go away.
Appreciate 1
akkando5864.50
      04-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #58
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...53/279/e31.jpg[/img]

This thread needs to go away.
Agree. I got caught getting angry by provocative comments. Moment of weakens. If anyone knows how to delete threads let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #59
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Agree. I got caught getting angry by provocative comments. Moment of weakens. If anyone knows how to delete threads let me know.
Kudos for admitting that, it happens to everyone. In all fairness, you shouldn't have been labeled a "troll" in the first place. A little while back someone else here commented that his car felt like he was towing a minivan, those were his words. He got the benefit of the doubt. Not sure why you didn't. I followed along just in case there really was an issue with the car - no manufacturer is perfect. It didn't seem to me like you were here just to cause trouble.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #60
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
Quote:
Kudos for admitting that, it happens to everyone. In all fairness, you shouldn't have been labeled a "troll" in the first place. A little while back someone else here commented that his car felt like he was towing a minivan, those were his words. He got the benefit of the doubt. Not sure why you didn't. I followed along just in case there really was an issue with the car - no manufacturer is perfect. It didn't seem to me like you were here just to cause trouble.
Thanks. No I was genuinely worried there may have been something wrong with my car and wanted some words of encouragement which I got from most people here.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #61
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I called troll because there is no way someone who drives a ~3400 lb car with 369 ft-lb of torque does NOT feel the torque unless they are coming from an M5 or other ridiculously powered vehicle. The concern that there is something wrong with the brand new car with no error codes or auditory problems is equally ridiculous. I suppose we all have different expectations but the initial post and a few subsequent posts are a little hard to swallow.

Let's all hug and make up then go drive cars. vroom vroom
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #62
ilvtofu
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:

Just to clarify, if you run aftermarket wheels without TPMS you will always have this issue? Maybe it's because I have a Canadian spec car but I don't have a display for the temperature/PSI, it's just dashes when I pull up that screen. Perhaps it is the TPMS vs FTM difference?
      04-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #63
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Just to clarify, if you run aftermarket wheels without TPMS you will always have this issue? Maybe it's because I have a Canadian spec car but I don't have a display for the temperature/PSI, it's just dashes when I pull up that screen. Perhaps it is the TPMS vs FTM difference?
I honestly don’t know - the BMW genius is who alerted me to this characteristic of the car. But it's definitely a good question.
      04-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #64
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
The current M2 is not a torque monster (yet), so don't expect it to push you back in your seat; for that, look to a GTR or a tune 335i/135i N54. I driven in cars of such and you actually feel your inside churning, as you brace yourself for sweet death.. I am not trolling but the current M2 is just a notch above the 235i, with a 335i turbo, no matter how many people might try to flame me for this fact.
I've owned an M235 for 3 years and M240 briefly then chose an M2 instead. What you said may be true (one video isn't conclusive proof, but it's quite possible), but, I'll say it again, one high speed turn and it's night and day in favor of the M2.
      04-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #65
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Quote:

I believe I read that without tpms sensors it does some less accurate form of estimate tire pressure but doesn't boot you out of sport modes. The track section of the forum has the info for sure.
Appreciate 0