BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > No LCI for M2 in mid 2017 ?

02-10-2017, 08:20 AM   #89
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

BLAME THE RUSSIANS!!! Putin is spreading CS and CSL rumors!

Sorry ... I just had to.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #90
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pedasho View Post
Corinne Darling,
Someone needs a hug and fortunately for you ... I am a holder. I have been on two lists since Aug of last year. #3 on one and still hoping for a summer order. The M market in the Motor City is non-existent. These dealers sell and lease boring 3-series. M4’s sit on their lots for a year. Once spring fever hits I will check again and if I don’t see any movement I will call around and find a dealer with an allocation at MSRP willing to ship the car to the PDC and I will pick it up there and drive it home to Michigan. Playing the wait and see CS or CSL game seems risky. Am I the only one who thinks $55k for a compact performance car is about as much as one should want to pay? A $60k or $70k M2 just seems ridiculous. How many $75 Alfa Romero Giulia will they sell? Not many and the $50k version only has an I4. Puke.
I'm with you. Mid 50s is a good deal, once you are into the 60s the car better compete with the P cars and others or it will be overpriced. I think BMW knows this. It will be interesting.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2017, 06:55 PM   #91
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitoda View Post
I've been driving a 6 MT, LBB 17' for 3 months now, I really don't think it needs more power. Flat foot, the rear wheels don't stop spinning up to 3th gear. I can't imagine an M4 engine on this thing, It will require careful calibration. Plus, one of the big reasons I got the M2 is how much you get for your money. When this model comes (it is coming, Top Gear has an article on this) it would be at least 10k more, if not even more, this is Porsche Territory.
+1
      04-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #92
Carbon_73
Russia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pedasho View Post
BLAME THE RUSSIANS!!! Putin is spreading CS and CSL rumors!

Sorry ... I just had to.
Fear...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #93
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_73 View Post
Fear...
Fear not, our ISIS-fighting comrade! This is a forum of educated people from around the globe, who know that when you get past the war mongering, the politics, and the crap, all we want to do - Russians and Americans alike - is to drive our M2 through the Serov tract with a loyal woman by our side. Za vstrechu!
Appreciate 0