BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Any Ketogenic Dieters or Experts on BP?

05-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #45
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
How's it going. Did you turn into fat burning beast?
So far, I think I'm on track.

It's been an adjustment period, mostly the headache and the bad taste in the mouth.

I'm gonna weigh in next week.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #46
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
I used keto in the past to lose weight. Nothing major, I do weight lifting and just wanted to look ripped. Then I had to avoid processed food for medical reasons, and over many years I tweaked the way I eat to achieve multiple goals, mainly health and lean body composition. I also find it convenient that I can eat once or twice a day and not feel hungry. It's a lifestyle choice for me now.

Paleo is a great starting point to eating healthy. You can tweak it for keto, by eating less sugary fruit and more fat. Depending on your health and tolerance to food, you might want to look at Paleo autoimmune protocol and FODMAP diets. You may not need this, but if you have any problems with digestion or chronic fatigue, brain fog, etc check it out. Either way, Paleo is a great start, because it eliminates all the junk they make in factories, that rarely even resembles food. That alone should do the trick for most people.

I recommend this site (there's an app as well) http://www.fatsecret.com/. It has great food diary. Put in the stuff you eat, it will give you breakdown of your macros. Don't worry about total calories, it's more important where they come from. You should aim for about 15% calories from protein, 80% from fat and 5% from carbs. I can have a look at your diet and suggest changes.

You can also get a ketone breath analyzer, which allows you to experiment more with the diet. The general advice is to stick with less than 50g of carbs a day. Perhaps you can tolerate 100g and have more fruit and veggies. With the breath analazyer you can tweak your diet and see how it affect your ketone production. You don't really need it, but it can be useful.

Keto is the way to go if you want to lose weight without exercise. You force your body to use stored fat for energy and conserve muscle tissue. That's the whole science behind it.
I just wanted to point out that this guy really knows what he's talking about.
Appreciate 2