BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Looking for a subtle, but effective pre-workout

03-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #23
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

In addition to preworkout try

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bo.../hmb-1000.html

If you can get it. And er, if your preworkout doesn't already have it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #24
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

About to try the V3 N.O. Xplode today after work. Gave the Hyper FX to my girlfriend in exchange for her N.O. since it didn't sit well with her stomach. Will see how that works.

Back in creatine mode.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #25
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

I'll reiterate for the benefit of newcomers to this thread: gains come from diet + work and NOTHING else. The other stuff is a placebo / waste of your $. All the things that would actually make a difference in your workout (for better or worse) are illegal without Rx.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #26
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
What you're looking for is called dextroamphetamine. Nothing available over the counter is going to be remotely effective at doing anything other than spiking your blood pressure / heart rate and making you nervous. Note, that's 100% true but it's also not a serious suggestion. You don't want to be modifying your reward centers to force naturally unmotivating activity unless you really, really have to.

That said, you should be working out because it GETS YOU NATURALLY HIGH. If working out doesn't get you high in a way that's addictive, you're not doing it right. If it's really that much of a drag try some cannabis.
Adderall as a preworkout? Enjoy cardiac arrhythmia's. There is nothing wrong with taking research proven supplements.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #27
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
About to try the V3 N.O. Xplode today after work. Gave the Hyper FX to my girlfriend in exchange for her N.O. since it didn't sit well with her stomach. Will see how that works.

Back in creatine mode.
Do you take creatine everyday? Research shows Creatine only truly works if it is saturated from daily consumption. Even rest days.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #28
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks
Quote:

Back in creatine mode.
Do you take creatine everyday? Research shows Creatine only truly works if it is saturated from daily consumption. Even rest days.
Well, from my research I've learned that it is not necessary to cycle off of it; I weight train and alternate plyo or total body routines 6 times a week, and take the N.O. once I'm home from work around 4pm, 50-65 minute long routine, then dinner around 6:45-7pm. I'm going to need to build up my stores again since its been a while; most research shows that it can take several months. My creatine is not straight though, it's a 3 gram blend within the N.O. consisting of monohydrate creatine, Taurine, etc.

It worked REALLY well today though. 59 minutes, 559 calories. And it was a weight day. Virtually no fatigue, and close to my average of 10 calories a minute (warm ups and such slow down my ratios).

My rest days are Sunday's, I don't think it's necessary for the pump on those days; I take a multivitamin and joint supplement on those days as well as my conditioning days. Also helps keep my stock longer lasting.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #29
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks View Post
Adderall as a preworkout? Enjoy cardiac arrhythmia's. There is nothing wrong with taking research proven supplements.
If you're getting arrhythmias on an APPROPRIATE dose of amphetamines you're gonna get them with caffeine too. Also, I'm not sure which arrhythmias you're talking about but if you mean your heart is "skipping a beat" that's most likely a premature ventricular contraction which is completely harmless and extremely common. If you're getting other arrhythmias on a REASONABLE DOSE, you have an issue which is going to impact you regardless of whether you take any medication. Also, adderall is only 50% dextro, the other half is levoamphetamine which serves little purpose except to raise your blood pressure. I suggested pure dextro for a reason, as it will provide ample motivation and focus without taking a toll on your circulatory system. Methamphetamine is actually even better in that respect, but good luck getting a Rx for that--it's possible but very difficult.

The whole problem here is the OP made it obvious he's not motivated enough to work out. There's exactly one "forced" solution to that which is what I mentioned. Supplements are complete bullshit because you need to do A TON of working out to max out your body's capacity, and it's even more difficult to eat an ideal diet. There's no reason for anybody to be taking supplements UNLESS they're already eating great and spending multiple hours per day exercising. And even in those cases, supplements aren't gonna help you gain unless we're talking about "the juice".
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #30
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
The whole problem here is the OP made it obvious he's not motivated enough to work out. There's exactly one "forced" solution to that which is what I mentioned. Supplements are complete bullshit because you need to do A TON of working out to max out your body's capacity, and it's even more difficult to eat an ideal diet. There's no reason for anybody to be taking supplements UNLESS they're already eating great and spending multiple hours per day exercising. And even in those cases, supplements aren't gonna help you gain unless we're talking about "the juice".
Lol you okay, dude?

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #31
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If you're getting arrhythmias on an APPROPRIATE dose of amphetamines you're gonna get them with caffeine too. Also, I'm not sure which arrhythmias you're talking about but if you mean your heart is "skipping a beat" that's most likely a premature ventricular contraction which is completely harmless and extremely common. If you're getting other arrhythmias on a REASONABLE DOSE, you have an issue which is going to impact you regardless of whether you take any medication. Also, adderall is only 50% dextro, the other half is levoamphetamine which serves little purpose except to raise your blood pressure. I suggested pure dextro for a reason, as it will provide ample motivation and focus without taking a toll on your circulatory system. Methamphetamine is actually even better in that respect, but good luck getting a Rx for that--it's possible but very difficult.

Adderrall is absolutely horrible for you and I don't need research to tell me that. I was on it for years throughout college. My heart raced and my heartbeat was irregular(especially during exercise) and now that I am off of it my heart rate is completely normal. I was a zombie. My head ached constantly and the only thing it made me want to do was take more adderrall. I suggest you check out examine.com. Unbiased compiled research on nutritional supplements that show consistent improvements on power, strength, endurance, and recovery especially for supplements like Beta Alanine, Creatine, BCAA, Citrulline Malate, Glutamine and Nootropics such as Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC . By the way I feel like you are the kind of dude asking his friends for Sudafed so you can cook up meth in your garage. Get that garbage(adderrall) out of your brain, its rotting it
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #32
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Adderrall is absolutely horrible for you and I don't need research to tell me that. I was on it for years throughout college. My heart raced and my heartbeat was irregular(especially during exercise) and now that I am off of it my heart rate is completely normal. I was a zombie. My head ached constantly and the only thing it made me want to do was take more adderrall. I suggest you check out examine.com. Unbiased compiled research on nutritional supplements that show consistent improvements on power, strength, endurance, and recovery especially for supplements like Beta Alanine, Creatine, BCAA, Citrulline Malate, Glutamine and Nootropics such as Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC . By the way I feel like you are the kind of dude asking his friends for Sudafed so you can cook up meth in your garage. Get that garbage(adderrall) out of your brain, its rotting it

Don't even bother responding anymore, man. LOL.

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #33
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol you okay, dude?
Aside from holding a variety of strong and controversial views, and having an ever so slight propensity towards internet arguments, I think so. How about yourself?

Quote:
Sorry you had a bad experience with that medication--you're far from the only one and I bet you were on a huge dose of it. Also, you must not have read my posts as I never suggested adderall in the first place and I made an additional clarification as to why I didn't recommend it. I also made clear the main danger of using these drugs in reasonable doses (say, 5mg dextroamphetamine equivalent to start) is that it can screw with your brain's reward mechanisms.

Now, those supplements you mention all have very marginal effects. Creatine is probably the most "effective" of the bunch and it's pretty overrated. If you really did your homework on nootropics you would also know about adrafinil and the racetams, which are slightly effective but again only marginally. They are next to useless in the face of real, but dangerous, medication.

There DO EXIST supplements, like peptides, that are effective and currently unbanned, but they are also substantially unresearched. For example, GW501516, which is banned in pretty much any sanction competition but legal to purchase and use in the USA. It absolutely works miracles, with that caveat that it may cause cancer--nobody knows yet.

As far as cooking meth goes, that wouldn't be necessary as I have no need for / interest in hard drugs and if I did they're readily available in my area. The only drug I've used in several years besides LSD is Rx #420--I don't even drink alcohol.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #34
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Long live the preworkouts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #35
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Bro- man up and go all in.

Get yourself some oxyelite pro with 1,3 Dimethylamylamine, stack it with APS mesomorph- and call it a day.

You'll get shredded as fuck in two weeks.

You may also have a minor heart attack, but beauty is pain.

Remember that.
      04-07-2016, 06:25 AM   #36
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Bro- man up and go all in.

Get yourself some oxyelite pro with 1,3 Dimethylamylamine, stack it with APS mesomorph- and call it a day.

You'll get shredded as fuck in two weeks.

You may also have a minor heart attack, but beauty is pain.

Remember that.
Bro what took you so long?!

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #37
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

C4 works great for me
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #38
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Meh whatever, I'll ask it in here anyway. If you don't have experience/are not an advocate, then feel free to keep your mouth shut.

Transitioning to two-a-days for the next few months; strength for 30-40 minutes at 8:30AM, then HIIT in the evenings around 6:30PM for 45 minutes. Was debating two separate pre-workout supplements for each routine, but did not want to change store amount or create too high of a tolerance immediately.

Currently on N.O. -Xplode for the evenings, and was debating something else for the morning, possibly without creatine since my evening serving includes it (3g blend, I believe 5g is the recommended daily amount). Of course, most of them include caffeine, and I've got a low caffeine tolerance as it stands, so I don't want to eliminate that either.

Worst case, I'll just continue to do as I've always done and only take it in the evenings. Decisions, decisions.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #39
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3 E46

Kind of a tough question to answer since we all adapt to things different.

Dorian yates believed in mentzer training principles and worked out only 3 times a week.

Arnold worked out each body part twice a week. some people overtain some people don't believe in it. I don't personally to a certain extent.

me personally, I would go 5 days a week with 3 days on 1 day off 2 days on 1 day off split.
I feel like separating the Am and Pm workouts leave me more fatigued and have less of a mind muscle connection, I usually do high volume and exhaust my muscles till near failure, that's what works for me but everyone is differe.t

I say do HITT 20 min after your workouts but up to 3-4 times a week after your training sessions if your into that.

as far as far as preworkouts

GAT has some good ones.

optimum nutrition,

PRE GYM which is my favorite and I stack it with BCCA's and creatine.

but OP do what works best for you, try it for a week and if you feel that it may be better for you If not then go back to your old split or what works best for you.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #40
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzE46 View Post
Kind of a tough question to answer since we all adapt to things different.

Dorian yates believed in mentzer training principles and worked out only 3 times a week.

Arnold worked out each body part twice a week. some people overtain some people don't believe in it. I don't personally to a certain extent.

me personally, I would go 5 days a week with 3 days on 1 day off 2 days on 1 day off split.
I feel like separating the Am and Pm workouts leave me more fatigued and have less of a mind muscle connection, I usually do high volume and exhaust my muscles till near failure, that's what works for me but everyone is differe.t

I say do HITT 20 min after your workouts but up to 3-4 times a week after your training sessions if your into that.

as far as far as preworkouts

GAT has some good ones.

optimum nutrition,

PRE GYM which is my favorite and I stack it with BCCA's and creatine.

but OP do what works best for you, try it for a week and if you feel that it may be better for you If not then go back to your old split or what works best for you.
Dunno if this was for me or the OP, as you addressed, LOL, but great insight here! Just finished my morning sets, I think I am gonna lay off the pre workout since I am somewhat limited weight-wise by the gym plates at work and it's just enough for a decent pump in the 25-30 minutes I've allotted for myself.

I've heard great things about JYM but dammit he needs to make like 60 servings tubs instead of 30 for everything.

You take your BCAA's pre workout, also? That's pretty cool, I thought creatine was included in pre-JYM. Beta-alanine included also?

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 10:04 AM   #41
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep

depends on my mood, now that summer is near I lay off creatine more. But I do stack it with extra creatine 5 grams more.

yea JYM needs to have more servings I deff would agree.

I wish I can workout at work, if that was the case I wouldn't be here lmaoo.

sometimes I will bccas throughout my workout as it delays muscle soreness and helps me recuperate.

what is your split as far as muscle groups?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #42
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzE46 View Post
depends on my mood, now that summer is near I lay off creatine more. But I do stack it with extra creatine 5 grams more.

yea JYM needs to have more servings I deff would agree.

I wish I can workout at work, if that was the case I wouldn't be here lmaoo.

sometimes I will bccas throughout my workout as it delays muscle soreness and helps me recuperate.

what is your split as far as muscle groups?
I gotcha, makes total sense to me. So about 8G total?

Haha yeah I started here about a month and a half ago but just started using the gym this week, it's virtually empty; basically only my office has access to it and everyone here is lazy AF, so I'm always the only one there. I'm also like one of the first people in the office lol.

Yeah I've always taken my BCAA post workout, but I have heard of people who drink it before and throughout the day to also make sure they get their H2O intake in; but these things cost too much for me to just be drinking them all the time like that LMFAO.

I'm still getting in the groove of things, I actually mainly just worked out at home using workout DVD's (P90 Plus) to shed most of my body fat, so now I am leaning towards strength. I kinda just winged it, haven't got a complete routine down but it seems to be chest, back, quads/calves, then repeat; 4 sets of 8-10 then 4-5 reps incremental weight increase, I'm not super strong since this is my first real gym-going experience since I've changed my body around.

Would like to get into the powerlifting seriously in the fall, in the process of changing flooring in my basement to convert into home gym.

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #43
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep

do it with no regrets. joining a gm will encourage you and surround youn a comfortable lucrative environment. just don't get carried away with people coming up to you and talking about onsense. but focus and the results will always come. I powerlift sometimes but body build more. I study the sport and read.

reading is knowledge and knowledge leads to gains. read read read, muscleandfitness, FLEX, muscular development.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #44
Robm129
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

I rotate between 3.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
JYM Pre Workout
Mr. Hyde pre workout

Will probably go the "make your own" path in the next month or two.
Appreciate 0