BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MPE + Fabspeed Sport Cat

04-21-2018, 10:52 AM   #111
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM2 View Post

Fabspeed DP & M Exhaust flaps Open

Does it seem a lot louder compared to stock? Kind of hard for me to determine.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #112
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

SPORTCAT DOWNPIPES INSTOCK !!!!!!
We have six in stock. Don't get left behind. Get them while their hot.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #113
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Really want this but I need to know what are the odds of this throwing a CEL with an MPE.

And does anyone know if the MPE downpipe is the same as the stock non MPE DP?

Also need to know if with the extra boost and turbo heat, is a FMIC upgrade recommended or is the stock one more than adequate in a cooler Canadian summer climate?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #114
njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Really want this but I need to know what are the odds of this throwing a CEL with an MPE.

Also need to know if with the extra boost and turbo heat, is a FMIC upgrade recommended or is the stock one more than adequate in a cooler Canadian summer climate?
I've had MPE + Fabspeed SportCat for 5,000+ miles. Sounds absolutely amazing and much more responsive throttle/increased power. No CEL or additional heat issues at all.

Actually, both are for sale since I am selling my M2
      07-02-2018, 03:22 AM   #115
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post

Kev,

There's a few M2 owners in UK running just F'speed 200CPI DP's with their MPE w/o a tune and have zero issues.

Stock DP is 600CPI so fitting 200CPI DP - like F'speed which uses HJS core - is much less of a restriction immediately downwind of the turbo. If running stock boost, you are reducing burden on the stock turbo hence heat generation should be no more than standard.

From running a fettled JB4'd M135i for 4 years, I found stock I/cooler [same part used on mx35i and M2] to be adequate for UK climate incl TD's so long as boost was <16psi. If running a tune, you may go above 16psi in which case upgrading i/cooler is a good idea to the most out of the tune.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
KevM2721.50
      08-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #116
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

After quite a hassle ( https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1633327 ) I finally added the Fabspeed sport cat to my MPE on Monday.

Previously, with the stock downpipe, I was running the BM3 Stg2 93Oct AGG tune. So the first day of having the sport cat on, I kept that tune just to see what it's like. It's pops and bangs are ridiculously loud. Even after switching to the non-agg tune, they're still loud. I think the difference between the two tunes is more-so the duration of the burbles and backfires than their loudness. So I'll keep the non-agg tune.

For the last few months, I've driven my DCT in manual mode with MPE valves open and DSC Off mode. This combo still sounds amazing with the sport cat. However, what surprised me is running DSC Off with MPE VALVES CLOSED. Getting on the gas, from 3500-7000rpm still sounds awesome. You can really tell the difference between valves open and closed, unlike with stock downpipe where I could hardly tell the difference. I think I might like driving with valves closed more than open, as the sound of the muffler is really quite pleasing.

The difference between OEM downpipe and the sport cat is that it's a lot more raspy from 3500 to redline. But it's not a bad raspy, it's a very pleasing and powerful sound. You can also hear the turbo spool a lot more. Though not as much as you hear it in youtube videos. Because the youtube videos are recorded outside of the car. It's definitely noticeable, but not as intense when you're in the car driving. With MPE valves closed, you can hear the turbo more too because it tames the exhaust sound.

Off course, comfort mode with the DCT in auto is still extremely quiet. With valves closed or open, both are really quiet. I think that's more-so because the transmission shifts a lot sooner than when I do it myself in manual mode. Usually I'm shifting around 3500rpm and downshifting around 2000rpm when driving in my city, which of course adds rev matching which makes things loud too. So if you're driving in my neigborhood and don't want to piss off your neighbors, you can switch to comfort+auto and will be okay.

Overall, I'm really happy. At first I was embarrassed to drive around because I don't like extra attention. I was driving with my tinted windows up, which I usually drive with my windows fully down. But I did the same thing when I first got the MPE installed, then I got used to it.
Appreciate 1
M2RAW121.00