BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Sport Throttle-can it be tuned/coded permanently

08-21-2019, 05:20 AM   #1
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Sport Throttle-can it be tuned/coded permanently

Does anyone know if it's possible by tune/coding to implement the 'Sport' throttle mapping across all modes or alternatively just change Sport+ throttle to Sport?

So far inquiries with Bimmercode & MHD say they can't help, the BM3 Custom Throttle mapping is only good for the oem stock tune (and they weren't clear on whether it can change throttle in oem driving modes).

I want to combine Sport throttle with MDM (mainly for track/spirited drives). I would also like to add rev-match to DSC OFF (a sin I know!)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible by tune/coding to implement the 'Sport' throttle mapping across all modes or alternatively just change Sport+ throttle to Sport?

So far inquiries with Bimmercode & MHD say they can't help, the BM3 Custom Throttle mapping is only good for the oem stock tune (and they weren't clear on whether it can change throttle in oem driving modes).

I want to combine Sport throttle with MDM (mainly for track/spirited drives). I would also like to add rev-match to DSC OFF (a sin I know!)
I believe you can get a custom bm3 tune that makes the throttle maps the same across all modes. If you register as a tuner for your own car you can edit the throttle tables yourself.
Appreciate 1
David.m437.00
      08-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
meady100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I'm running BM3 Stage 2 F87 and there is no discernible difference in throttle mapping between Sport and Sport+. Not sure if this helps?!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meady100 View Post
I'm running BM3 Stage 2 F87 and there is no discernible difference in throttle mapping between Sport and Sport+. Not sure if this helps?!
Not sure why you feel that. I too am running BM3 Stage 2 (93 currently, and I've tried 91) and there is definitely a difference between Sport and Sport+.

The throttle mapping is different, and the actual performance is very different, mostly because of MDM allow some slip where in Sport, flooring it always results in a flashing DSC light.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:12 AM   #5
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

PTF got back to me and confirmed that with a Custom Tune the throttle mapping can be customised, I can have the oem Sport throttle with all driving modes (with my first inquiry it was only mentioned this was not possible with OTS maps).

I think also the iStep version influences the difference between Comfort/Sport/Sport+. I have a July 17 LCI and was late in getting the dash recall software update done, when I did in December 18 (to iStep F020-18-11-531) I thought Comfort became closer to Sport (nearly identical at low throttle inputs with the gap widening as throttle increases). Sport+ still too aggressive with little throttle input, combined with the updated MDM getting on the gas out of corners can be a bit too eventful (at least for me)
Appreciate 0