BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > 2020 Sunset Orange M2 Competition Build

08-20-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
PASE624
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1

2020 Sunset Orange M2 Competition Build

Hey guys,

First, I will apologize for a long entry that is going to happen right now. But, I think most of my fellow M2C enthusiast bretherens will find it helpful haha.
However, if you have anything negative to say, please stay away. This is to help each other out so we don't order wrong mods, shitty mods, etc, etc and regret later. So, without further ado here goes....nothing!

My car is a 2020 SO M2C with 2400miles. I took delivery of the car on 19JUL2019 and the mod bug bit me in the ass straight from the get-go.

Exterior Parts that I ordered were...and links...incase ppl need..

Carbon Fiber Duck Bill trunk spoiler (ebay)
Carbon Fiber 3-piece Rear diffusor (ebay)
Carbon Fiber sidesill winglets (ebay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Carbon....c100005.m1851

Carbon Fiber M2C front lip (ebay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...4AAOSws95c5~9B

Carbon Fiber M-Perf exhaust tips 70MM (ebay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/70MM-Glossy...72.m2749.l2649

Performance parts that I ordered were...

VRSF Top mount intercooler
VRSF S55 Non-catted DP
VRSF Intake system
BMS JB4 Stg2

Starting off, all the misinformed / negative perceptions of ebay CF parts are so obsolete now, and that it's not a bad route to go. I had NO issues with ANY of my CF parts being installed on the car. The owner of the shop was very impressed at how strong and STURDY the parts fit into place.
The exhaust tips were my best investment to the car. It was a simple slip on, tighten, and Voila~! completely changes the car!

Moving on peeps~! started to take off the downpipe first, got straight into finishing that up first. Obviously, it's a pain in the ass if you have big hands to go in between them spaces to do any kind of work. Anywho, the parts swapped out with the VRSF DP, PERFECT PERFECT FITMENT.

Next moving on to the top mount and then we'll talk about the intake fitment. The cooler is overall a well built part. ONLY problem that we ran into was one left nipple to attache the hose, the nipple had a lot weld marks which prevented the hose to clip into it. however, it was an easy fix. Grinder, Dremel, whatever you gents use, and just start sanding down the overly high weld location. once we shaved it down, it was perfect!! (Pictures will be below)

Next BMS Intake-- Obviously our M2C has the S55 engine but that doesn't mean it has the same engine bay size. A slight extension of the shorter pipe need to be welded and you'll be all good. Second intake system actually touches the fan's plastic top section. so, fo this job, my mechanic put a pretty thick cushion, then zip tied, and all was good. Lastly, the hanger part the protrudes out from the long intake pipe, you have to shave the little hanger part so if can fit. this was like a 2 min job. REAL REAL QUICK.

DISCLAIMER:I am not here to bash or ragdog on any companies. I've been using VRSF, BMS, JB4, Carbon Fiber replica parts for over 11 years. They make amazing quality parts for fraction of the fraction of what super big name guys sell. I love the companies I work with and honestly, I LOVE HOW MY CAR CAME OUT. THE EPOWER GAIN IS REDICULOUS! Now I am going to enjoy this car how it was meant to be driven...FROM THE FACTORY! LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by PASE624; 08-20-2019 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
PASE624
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The places that I have circled yellow on the intercooler front section is where it needs shaved down a little bit to make the hose clamp back in. NO BIGGIE, SIMPLE FIX. next UP, THE RESERVOI tank for the intercooler that sits in the back, the stock part and the vrsf screw points didn't line up...so like any good mechanic, I looped a zip tie trough the holes and it does wonders. =)
      08-21-2019, 12:40 AM   #3
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

That intake set up is certainly losing you power. Put some shrouds on that thing!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
PASE624
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Really? Thanks for the info! =)
      08-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #5
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW