BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Exhaust options?

01-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #23
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Is there a noticeable difference in loudness between the cat bypass and sport cat paired to the muffler bypass?
There is a noticeable difference. The sport cat is not as loud.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #24
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Quote:
I drove an M2 w/ MPE. It sounds good and is definitely louder than stock but for the money I'd rather do a system that includes a downpipe and get better sound and performance.
Hey Wassy,
Phil from Fabspeed here. I would be glad to help you out with this. I would keep the resonator on the M2. You can go with a cat bypass and muffler delete but if you bypass the entire system you will see some drone. Please feel free to reach out if you have a question.
Would you happen to know the diameter of the muffler bypass exhaust tips? Can't find any information about it online.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #25
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I have FS sport cat + Dinan res delete + Dinan free flow. I did one at a time and kept wanting more sound. This combo ended up being perfect and I'm really happy with it. Some drone as pointed out but doesn't bother me at all. Love the sound and it's not obnoxious when cruising so my neighbors don't think I'm a dbag. I can drop down to comfort and no burbles and then sport or sport+ with burbles = money. Love it.
Appreciate 1
JTO245271.50
      08-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
I have FS sport cat + Dinan res delete + Dinan free flow. I did one at a time and kept wanting more sound. This combo ended up being perfect and I'm really happy with it. Some drone as pointed out but doesn't bother me at all. Love the sound and it's not obnoxious when cruising so my neighbors don't think I'm a dbag. I can drop down to comfort and no burbles and then sport or sport+ with burbles = money. Love it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #27
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just purchased a Fabspeed muffler bypass from another member from the forums. I'll be pairing it to a VRSF downpipe. There doesn't seem to be any videos of the bypass with a catless downpipe so I'll try to post some videos once installed.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 07:47 AM   #28
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Just purchased a Fabspeed muffler bypass from another member from the forums. I'll be pairing it to a VRSF downpipe. There doesn't seem to be any videos of the bypass with a catless downpipe so I'll try to post some videos once installed.
That will be LOUD. LOL
Appreciate 2
wassy497.50
JTO245271.50
      08-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #29
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
Quote:
That will be LOUD. LOL
Thee only problem for me will be the cold start since I don't have a tune on the car and I don't like to annoy my neighbors. Otherwise, I think it will be fine for driving around. I would've preferred a full, valved catback system but this route is costing me under a grand all in so I'm willing to try it

Appreciate 0