BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EDC "Retro-fit" w / DSC SPORT Active Suspension System

06-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #23
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Anyone looking to take over this little project lmk. Car is sold. Thanks.
      07-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #24
jetbill
Captain
Rep

For sale here if anyone has interest...I may also try the Porsche Cayman/Boxster group...

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ight=dsc+sport
      11-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #25
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Sent you a message
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #26
jetbill
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Sent you a message
Pm returned. Still for sale.
      06-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #27
TProfit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 competition

OMG this sounds like exactly what I wanted to do. Add the BMW OEM adaptive suspension system to our M2 car.

I wonder would this concept be even easier now that the M2 cs has an adaptive system standard to the model? Should be as easy as a retro fit to the previous years?
      03-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #28
x1wangchung2nite
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill View Post
Pm returned. Still for sale.
Is this still for sale? I am very interested
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 01:30 AM   #29
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
DSC had someone on the forum last year (DSCsportJeremy), but I think he got banned because they didn't pay to become a forum sponsor. I wonder what magic they could work on the F3x Tenneco EDC dampers...
I reached out via email and didn't get a response. I assume DSC isn't interested in BMW F8x platform since it's been a couple years and no FlexRay integration.

Is your preference for the Tennecos because they are more linear? I'm looking for something primarily for the street and thinking the best options are the Sachs EDC + DSC controller, MPS/KW V3, or Ohlins R&T + softer springs.

After looking in the Spring/Shock Dyno thread it looks like MPS on softer settings should be pretty good and less digressive than some. Trying to keep compliance but have the car less unsettled by road imperfections.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 01:33 AM   #30
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TProfit View Post
OMG this sounds like exactly what I wanted to do. Add the BMW OEM adaptive suspension system to our M2 car.

I wonder would this concept be even easier now that the M2 cs has an adaptive system standard to the model? Should be as easy as a retro fit to the previous years?
I know this reply is almost 2 years late, but after looking into how this works, it would actually be harder with the CS having EDC stock since DSC Sport doesn't have a BMW PnP controller that integrates fully as of yet. You would currently still have to use a standalone system and then something to make the EDC module stop complaining and throwing codes.

If they did have this, I looked into what it would take to convert an M2C to EDC suspension. The parts are not a big deal, but the wiring harnesses look daunting to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 12:56 PM   #31
jbse39
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, 20 M2 CS, 23 X5 45e

I was at TPC (DSC) for a service work and asked about their work referenced on this thread. The shop manager explained they had allocated a certain amount of budget which ran out and the fact that BMW communication protocol is (I am paraphrasing) different from every other manufacturers they work with made it not feasible for them. Porsche, Ford & VW group cars use a standard protocol that they did not have to restart the development work each time, or something to that effect. The fact that they now race Lamborghini and the development work can be applied to VW & Audi very easily meant that effort to develop DSC controller for BMW (F & G series) just wasn't worth it to them.
Appreciate 2
chris7197273.00
      09-08-2022, 10:48 PM   #32
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Why not just get the best EDC type Suspension out there by Tractive and use your phone to change the settings. The come with Bluetooth sensors so you don't need the wiring harness.

It's definitely cheaper than going this route (OEM EDC) and will be more comfortable on the road.
Appreciate 0