BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > European Owners Only - BMW M2 Competition Replacement Brake Kit

05-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
European Owners Only - BMW M2 Competition Replacement Brake Kit

As many of you know, my M2C has had now twice the damage on the barrel of my BBS FI-R’s due to a stone getting stuck between the barrel and the brake caliper of the stock M-Sport brake kit (silver caliper).

Many of you know that I have a few contacts in the aftermarket world and the last few weeks I have been working on a possible solution for you guys asking two partners for a solution on the matter of the brake kit.

To solve this situation and deal with the weight problems of the complete set up at the front axle, I decided to find some solutions for us Europeans. I reached out to a number of companies and those came back with two suitable options for us to consider. Those were AP Racing and Nashin brakes.

Below you will find the AP Racing offering, the Nashin offering and the weight comparison between the two! I had to wait so long to release it because of getting the weight numbers correct.

OPTION 1: AP Racing
In collaboration with Senkyr Motorsport (local importer for AP Racing) in Brno, Czech Republic we had a look at a brake kit from AP Racing. The owner Robert Senkyr and his team developed their own kit based around AP racing parts, which was being installed on a M2C in their workshop when I met up with Robert a few weeks ago. I saw the kit and it offered considerably more space between the caliper and barrel of the rim.

They made me the following offers!

The track/road setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot caliper Radical II, 378x36mm disc
Price: € 3.599 / £ 3,182.50 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot caliper Radical II, 378x28mm disc
Price: € 3.480 / £ 3,077 netto excluding VAT

The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, brake pads Ferodo DS2500, brake lines and brake fluid. The caliper color choice is red or black.

The track setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot caliper 5000R Pro, 378x36mm disc
Price: € 3.799 / £ 3,359 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot caliper 5000R Pro, 355x28mm disc
Price: € 3.580 / £ 3,165.75 netto excluding VAT

The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, brake pads Endless MX72, brake lines and brake fluid. The caliper color choice is grey. Adapters and brackets are in black.

Images provide an indication on the looks of the kit! They are not 100% the same as the final product. Please be aware.
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 05-23-2020 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
OPTION 2: Nashin brakes
Nashin is a new brand I am working more closely with the last few months. We have done a kit on a Ford Focus RS and I have asked the UK importer to look into options for me and see what they can offer. They came back with me with following:

The fast road setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot monoblock, 380x34mm fully-floating FC25 carbon steel disc
Price: € 2.539,70 / £ 2,245.83 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot monoblock, 370x32mm fully-floating FC25 carbon steel disc

The fast road version comes with full dust / wiper seals and a fast road pad. The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, Nashin brake pads, Goodridge braided brake lines and brake fluid. Compatible to Pagid, Ferodo or other pads. The red, grey or blue caliper colors are available.

The track setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot monoblock, 380x34mm fully-floating FC25 carbon steel disc
Price: € 2.872,00 / £ 2,495.83 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot monoblock, 370x32mm fully-floating FC25 carbon steel disc

The track version comes with titanium pistons and no outer dust seal. The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, Nashin track compound brake pads, Goodridge braided brake lines and brake fluid. Compatible to Pagid, Ferodo or other track pads. This version of the caliper is only available in a hard anodized (dark grey) finish.

If enough people have enough interest, then they are willing to replicate the color of the original M Sport caliper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Thevesh30.50
      05-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #3
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Comparison AP Racing vs Nashin brakes
By looking at the comparison in weight you can see that the Nashin Brakes are positioned in between the cheaper and more expensive AP Racing brake kits. You also see the sheer weight saving you will do over the M Sport brake kit and that you can get a 6-pots front set up with about the same weight of BMWs stock front 4-pots, which is definitely an interesting idea to consider.

For those who want a kit from AP Racing there are two options and you can choose either for the type of usage you have. If you are a casual driver that goes on track once or twice, the Nashin offering seems to be the option to take. It is lighter than the AP Racing street set up and considerably cheaper as well.

Overall there is a good choice for you guys, just let me know if you have interest via a PM and I will connect you to the appropriate sales partner. You will make the deal directly with the partners, I won't be involved.

Any questions, please do ask them below and I hope I will be able to answer them.

For your information: The BMW blue front caliper is a 4-pots. The BMW grey/red caliper is a 6-pots. The BMW rear calipers are 2-pots and 4-pots.

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 05-23-2020 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Have you looked at wheels with the same tyre bead diameter, but without the narrowing of the barrel that the stock BMW wheels have?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

who the hell would buy a set of apracing with ds2500. who?
      05-24-2020, 02:03 AM   #6
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Hello!
I live in Northern Italy (Venice) and I would be very interested in the AP Racing kit for my M4.
Could you please give me email of your local dealer so I can ask him if it is possibile to have the kit in ITALY?
Thanks
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      05-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #7
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Have you looked at wheels with the same tyre bead diameter, but without the narrowing of the barrel that the stock BMW wheels have?
I want to run on FI-R's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Hello!
I live in Northern Italy (Venice) and I would be very interested in the AP Racing kit for my M4.
Could you please give me email of your local dealer so I can ask him if it is possibile to have the kit in ITALY?
Thanks
Yep drop me an PM and I will send you the details.

MR
Appreciate 0