BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Is an M2C worth the move from an M240i ?

05-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #23
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Like asking if you should trade your girlfriend for Megan Fox
:

Megan Fox in the first Transformers movie... no question! I spent 16 years wooing the gal who would eventually become my wife. But, man, you give me Megan Fox from the first Transformers, I'd trade my wife in no questions asked.

But Megan Fox in 2019... that's like a 15 year-old Land Rover. Once upon a time, it was a great thing, but the transmission is busted, it leaks oil everywhere, and it smells a little funky from all the hard use!
Appreciate 4
BlkSVT388.50
Robin_NL8716.00
      05-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #24
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
:

Megan Fox in the first Transformers movie... no question! I spent 16 years wooing the gal who would eventually become my wife. But, man, you give me Megan Fox from the first Transformers, I'd trade my wife in no questions asked.

But Megan Fox in 2019... that's like a 15 year-old Land Rover. Once upon a time, it was a great thing, but the transmission is busted, it leaks oil everywhere, and it smells a little funky from all the hard use!
I'd still take it around the block!
Appreciate 5
cptobvious2531.50
AUSf222688.50
Robin_NL8716.00
Conissah1576.00
      05-23-2019, 01:07 AM   #25
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Not really, it's not that serious..

You guys are that deep in a vat of M KoolAid you can't see anything beyond that; they're both practically the same DNA with different motors.

We're not talking about a 240i vs GT4, which is has a 0-60 under 3 seconds and is tuned to sound like a guitar. The M2C is a similar flavor of vehicle as the 240 of which both serves difference demographics and purposes.

Which is why I suspect BMW sells both simultaneously.

Either vehicles I would be happy with without any regrets..
Get yourself off that Hippy Crack, if you think it's the same " DNA " Then you might be sipping that crazy stuff, they've both got wheels and brakes and lights that's about it, I've done over 4000 miles in a M2C before and after it was substantially tuned and I've driven many 235i - 240i's, it's worlds apart from a 240i, it's a completely different kettle of fish, not to mention the driving experience is completely different. The way it makes you feel, think and drive it's night and day, to say otherwise is sheer ignorance. So don't come in here telling us we're all dumb basically, 9/10 people here have all experienced the same as me, now if you can't accept that then that's your problem.
Appreciate 5
      05-23-2019, 01:10 AM   #26
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
:

You say that but, don't you see the trend? Everyone is buying modern classics now
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:19 AM   #27
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You guys are that deep in a vat of M KoolAid you can't see anything beyond that; they're both practically the same DNA with different motors.

We're not talking about a 240i vs GT4, which is has a 0-60 under 3 seconds and is tuned to sound like a guitar. The M2C is a similar flavor of vehicle as the 240 of which both serves difference demographics and purposes.

Get yourself off that Hippy Crack, if you think it's the same " DNA " Then you might be sipping that crazy stuff, they've both got wheels and brakes and lights that's about it, I've done over 4000 miles in a M2C before and after it was substantially tuned and I've driven many 235i - 240i's, it's worlds apart from a 240i, it's a completely different kettle of fish, to say otherwise is sheer ignorance. So don't come in here telling us we're all dumb as shit, 9/10 people here have all experienced the same as me, now if you can't accept that then that's your problem.
Pull your panty up, bro; no one is dissing you or calling anyone dumb. Well, not until I just read your post

Someone asked about 240i over the M2C and I merely pointed out that they're different vehicles that serve different needs and consumers; one is not 'inferior' to another just because it's not designated as a full-blown M car, it's still a great vehicle and an honorable BMW.

The way folks were describing the 240i, you would swear it handles like a 318ti and has the power of Ford Pinto, which to use your extensive vocabulary; is plain "dumb."

I'm allowed to have my own opinion right, is that ok with you, master?
Appreciate 1
kfscoll208.50
      05-23-2019, 02:17 AM   #28
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

M2 by looks alone - enough for me
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 03:40 AM   #29
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get yourself off that Hippy Crack, if you think it's the same " DNA " Then you might be sipping that crazy stuff, they've both got wheels and brakes and lights that's about it, I've done over 4000 miles in a M2C before and after it was substantially tuned and I've driven many 235i - 240i's, it's worlds apart from a 240i, it's a completely different kettle of fish, to say otherwise is sheer ignorance. So don't come in here telling us we're all dumb as shit, 9/10 people here have all experienced the same as me, now if you can't accept that then that's your problem.
Pull your panty up, bro; no one is dissing you or calling anyone dumb. Well, not until I just read your post

Someone asked about 240i over the M2C and I merely pointed out that they're different vehicles that serve different needs and consumers; one is not 'inferior' to another just because it's not designated as a full-blown M car, it's still a great vehicle and an honorable BMW.

The way folks were describing the 240i, you would swear it handles like a 318ti and has the power of Ford Pinto, which to use your extensive vocabulary; is plain "dumb."

You more or else said it's the same car with a different engine? How much more ignorant can you get? He's asking if he should change, if it's not so different and it's just an engine swap ( according to you ) then there's no need to swap, your understating the M2C it's essentially an M4 with a shorter wheelbase and better handling, I'm not really seeing the similarities to the 240i. Like comparing the 1M to the 135i that's just doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2019, 04:24 AM   #30
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You more or else said it's the same car with a different engine? How much more ignorant can you get? He's asking if he should change, if it's not so different and it's just an engine swap ( according to you ) then there's no need to swap, your understating the M2C it's essentially an M4 with a shorter wheelbase and better handling, I'm not really seeing the similarities to the 240i. Like comparing the 1M to the 135i that's just doesn't make sense.
Obviously, the M2C is a beast and it caters to different caliber of consumers and I'm not taking anything away from that but like I said, the 240i is also not bad with its brawny B58 motor and its awesome handling, it's not like it can't hold its own. Before the 235i was released, now 240i, at the time it was faster around the track than the 1M. How bad can the handling possible be in comparison to the M2C?

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935130

We're not taking about a drastic difference in numbers here either as they both clock the same 0-60 in under 4 seconds. And the new, much heavier M340i even matched the M2C in a recent time lap.

https://www.motor1.com/news/302785/b...petition-drag/

The only major flaw of the F series i40 models like 240i is they lack a proper LSD from the factory, by design; not to overshadow the M vehicles. The 240 is a vehicle for those that need a subtle, fast and all-rounded BMW-branded vehicle who doesn't necessarily live their life a quarter mile at a time, as you clearly do.

I'm an auto enthusiast, not an M fanboy. I objectively look at the big picture and respect all vehicles in their own right, for what they are, not what badge is on the back or what I own, that way I don't end up 'ignorant' and subjective.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:12 AM   #31
TF
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Absolutely!

The M2C is much faster and handles soo much better.

I traded an M235xi for an M2C. best decision.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:43 AM   #32
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

As has been said, it really comes down to what one wants from the car. Coming from a m135i, the m2c handles considerably better and feels way more composed when pushing on, looks gorgeous (subjective obviously) and feels like far more of an event to drive each day. It's far more exciting in my opinion and I have zero regrets changing - absolutely loving my m2c.

But the cost of this is it ride is more unforgiving on roads that aren't super smooth - although overall better than I expected - and it's generally noisier in terms of engine / road noise etc. It's also obviously more expensive so one would hope that it had the above improvements.

So if you preferred the ride and awd grip of your m240i before, you may still feel that way? As has been mentioned, the m240i is a great car in its own right and serves the purpose it's designed for excellently - not as capable in terms of the limits, but softer edged and some friendlier elements in terms of liveability.

The main change over the OG m2 that may entice you would be the performance with the S55; particularly if you planned to tune it given it's so much more tuneable.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00
      05-23-2019, 08:13 AM   #33
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
so before I bought my m240i I compared it with an 18 m2.
I liked the b58 over n55 and better ride and awd so went the m240i
anyone reach a similar conclusion but then made the move to an m2c because that was worth it ?
Went M240i -> N55 M2 -> S55 M2C

If you're into spirited drives the S55 M2C will feel like a huge upgrade

If you want an OEM improvement to your M240i, just get M405 Wheels, paint grey diffuser, add the M-Perf muffler and throw in a limited slip differential and some springs. Add a stage 1 tune with a 200 cell cat if you want a car that's faster than a N55 M2.
Appreciate 2
      01-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #34
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I had a test drive m240i before getting the M2C. I came from golf R and I didn’t find a compelling reason to upgrade the R.
The M2C appears similar to m240i it is a different vehicle from M240i. BMW M division has done extensive upgrade underbody and it has the M3 engine.
The difference is similar to that of the Golf tsi and gti among the VW golf hierarchy.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #35
MrMurkle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnah View Post
Honestly, you lost me at awd.. That's not going to change with the M2C. Maybe try the RS3 :
He mean the difference between m240 xdrive and m2c which obviously there are loads.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #36
MrMurkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Eeeeerm I'm guessing you dont know anything about a gt4. Gt4 has same 0-60 time as m2c its 4.2 seconds. Do you actually know what a gt4 is lol
Appreciate 2
      01-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #37
MrMurkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Your allowed your own opinion. Like flat earthers have their own opinion. But like flat earthers doesn't mean your right lol
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8716.00
      01-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #38
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurkle View Post
Quote:

Your allowed your own opinion. Like flat earthers have their own opinion. But like flat earthers doesn't mean your right lol
Thanks for bumping a thread from 6 months ago; I was awaiting your valuable feedback..
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
pz6193277.00
      01-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #39
CPT Smuggs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87

I have never owned a 2 series before, but I did just sell a F30 335ix (N55) for an M2C. Power wise, no comparison. I'm sure a 335 tuned will keep up with an M2, but there is so much more to the M2 than just straight-line speed. The M2 is much firmer with sharper handling and cornering (and I haven't pushed the M2 past 10% yet due to snow tires). And as much as some dislike the exhaust and ASD, I can't get enough of it. M2 stock IMO sounds so much better than a 335 w/ MPerformance or Remus axleback.

The 335 (and 240) are very comfortable daily drivers with plenty of power.
The M2 is a comfortable, borderline uncomfortable, car that can be a daily or a track car, which still demands my full attention so I don't do something stupid. With the 335 awd it was mash the pedal at any time without concern.

I love my M2, and would purchase again, but I could definitely be happy with a 240 as well. (although I would severely miss the aggressive body lines)

What do you want in a car?
Comfort, fuel economy, ample power, care-free-go-out-in-any-weather attitude? (240)
Aggressive looks, sharp handling, sexy lines, endless power at the cost of some comfort and having to be more careful in bad weather? (M2)
cptobvious2531.50
      01-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #40
saphire240
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition Manual/201

I did.
2017 m240i (sold)
2014 Scion FR-S (retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #41
5150d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Agreed, you'll get more chicks with the M2C!
Just look at the 2 cars next to each other …. especially with that "competition" on the rear end.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #42
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
I had one for a loaner. Gave a review here: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1638246
The 240 crowd was no pleased lol. I enjoyed the car, i think it falls on the opposite ends of the car spectrum.
      01-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #43
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I had one for a loaner. Gave a review here: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1638246
The 240 crowd was no pleased lol. I enjoyed the car, i think it falls on the opposite ends of the car spectrum.
That's probably why BMW still offers both of them simultaneously..

I respected your review but also kept in mind you have to take it with a grain of salt because ownership bias always rears it's ugly head.

I could hypothetically outrun the cops in a Alpine white 230i loaner car, so I can't see how the 240i with B58 can drastically be that different in performance with the M2C, for regular street driving, unless maybe if you're hanging ten on the apex.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:09 PM   #44
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
lol that was a fun read. Always great to read comments from keyboard warriors who drive their "m performance" cars around and swear that an actual M is worse or somehow a waste. The 240 is a great car for a specific type of use case. If you (the third party you not the you you lol) cannot objectively admit, however, that the M2C is a better car, you are just lying to yourself to justify your lack of foresight or purchase decision.

For example, do I think the GT4 is an objectively better car, yes. Did I buy an M2C instead, yes. You see, it's easy.

Another example, did I buy a 335 instead of an M3 a couple years back, yes. Did I think the gap didn't matter as much and the extra cost wasn't worth it, yes. Was I wrong and regretted it 6 months later, yes.

I love how they accuse you of justifying your purchase while then turning around and doing the same.

Here is a good experiment for them since they called you biassed. They should find us an example of where an "objective" reviewer said the 240 wins out overall over an M2C. And, no, the 240xi drag race video doesn't count.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5474.00