BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M2 comp brakes (2NH) how do they preform on track?

08-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #67
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

I have ordered Endless MA45B as it was highly recommended as brake pads for a racetrack.
This compound is superior in comparison to ME20/22.

They use it a lot on Nurburgring both on M2s and on Porsche GT3s and GT4s.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #68
Noel911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 2019 Golf R (Daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
Does anyone run the stock pads on the street and race pads on the track with any negative effects? Essex likes to say the DS2500 is a good starting point because they can be used on the street and if that's not enough, the 1.11 can be swapped out without much burnishing due to the similar compound.
Is that a legitimate issue?

I run Stock pads when I drive it on the street and swap to Hawk DTC60s before track events. As another said, I too do so prior and then drive to the track with the Hawks. You will find that a true track pad, while cold, will quickly remove any prior pad deposits on rotors left by stock pads. I usually swap back to Stock in the paddock while swapping wheels/tires before the drive home. It only adds a few minutes to swap pads on an OG.

I've been following that routine for many years with the cars I street drive to the track (e46 M3 & M2) with zero issues.

Good luck!
      09-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #69
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
I have ordered Endless MA45B as it was highly recommended as brake pads for a racetrack.
This compound is superior in comparison to ME20/22.

They use it a lot on Nurburgring both on M2s and on Porsche GT3s and GT4s.

Just an update to those interested.

Tried the endless MA45B. Bite is very impressive and I don’t see how one can overheat those if not trying so intentionally.
I thought it will not be easy to modulate brake pressure given that they bite immediately but I was wrong - no issues with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #70
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
I would think any of the minimalist M2/3/4 brake cooling backing plates would also work for the 2NH brakes as the mounting points will be the same.

As for connecting to the air outlets in the fender wells I am going to take some measurements this weekend and 3d print an adapter (or make a mold for CF ones).
Awesome work on this!!!
I'm sure there are many of us that would be interested in these if you started making them.

A secondary benefit to brake ducts is better air flow management within the wheel well.
I thing it would add downforce.

Looking forward to updates.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #71
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
I would think any of the minimalist M2/3/4 brake cooling backing plates would also work for the 2NH brakes as the mounting points will be the same.

As for connecting to the air outlets in the fender wells I am going to take some measurements this weekend and 3d print an adapter (or make a mold for CF ones).
Awesome work on this!!!
I'm sure there are many of us that would be interested in these if you started making them.

A secondary benefit to brake ducts is better air flow management within the wheel well.
I thing it would add downforce.

Looking forward to updates.
I abandoned the idea as there is very little space. I did an under arm scoop, info should be elsewhere in this thread.

A new German company made a duct using that intake but I think it's not 100% launched.

Versus engineering make a kit for the Supra MK5, the German kit looked like it but 3D printed.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/sh...pra-1956#attr=

Somewhere else I mention the downsides of this arrangement. Anyways the aero benefit of using that location would be minor at best. I would suggest the MPerformance fenders as they come with a liner to make the vents functional just with they had a place for the OEM side badge.

Edit: have a read of this thread. DIY brake ducts https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1366784
      09-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #72
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Megator
Thanks for the response.
I'm not surprised that the available space is inadequate.

the MPerformance fenders were something that I had been considering already, so I'll follow up with that.

Thanks for your efforts on this, that was a valiant attempt.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:09 AM   #73
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

i had the 2NH brakes calipers on my M2C... as most have said.... with the right upgrades... they do perform really well...

I upgraded mine with Pagids RS29 , braided steel lines all around and Endless Rb650 brake fluids...

however having said that.... I can get the brakes to fade after a number of flying hot laps.... but suspect here in australia where we get pretty high temps its probably more an environmental condition causing the brakes to overheat.

great as the brakes are... i eventually dumped them and went down the route of AP Racing Pro 5000R

The benefits are massive.. huge weight saving gains ...far more capable of repeated hard stops with out fades... better modulation ...... in hindsight upgrading to the 2NH brakes was a bit of a waste of money...... if you do a lot of track work... a good set of AP Racing is much much better..

Appreciate 2