BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > BM3 Stage 2 Logs

04-02-2021, 12:03 AM   #1
M2Blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
BM3 Stage 2 Logs

Hey what's up guys, completely new to this Bimmerpost stuff so please bear with me while I learn how to navigate it.

Anyways, I'm trying to narrow down a surging issue I'm having on my car. It's a 17 M2 6MT with some bolt ons I'll mention below. Seems to build boost, hesitate, and then continue building. Definitely starting to get annoying at this point and I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out. I went out and ran some logs earlier tonight and can't really see anything that sticks out to my untrained eye. As I mentioned before it's running a bootmod stage 2 93 octane ots map (no ridiculous burbles), catless DP, front mount intercooler, MST intake, FTP charge pipe inlet and outlet side. Still running on the stock coil packs and I recently just replaced the spark plugs with NGK 97506 gapped to .023. Did two logs in third gear from 2k to about 6k rpm and same in 4th gear as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how to exactly share the logs yet but these are the links to them :

3rd gear
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6066...0b436423fd7ceb

4th gear
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6066...90c63cac36fa41

PFA
Attached Images

04-02-2021, 01:24 AM   #2
Dj_Quik
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

you definitely have a fuel quality issue. its evident in your 4th gear log. 2 knock events up top with lean afr. timing being pulled down to 0 in one cylinder. you probs need to back down to 91 tune or get better fuel. did you have traction control on when you logged in 3rd gear? that might be why your feeling the throttle cut outs. someone more knowledgeable would probably chime in but those are the obvious things from my perspective.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:22 AM   #3
M2Blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Quik View Post
you definitely have a fuel quality issue. its evident in your 4th gear log. 2 knock events up top with lean afr. timing being pulled down to 0 in one cylinder. you probs need to back down to 91 tune or get better fuel. did you have traction control on when you logged in 3rd gear? that might be why your feeling the throttle cut outs. someone more knowledgeable would probably chime in but those are the obvious things from my perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Quik View Post
I had it in sport mode so traction could be part of it. Didn't see the traction light come on though and I'll be honest I did fill up at a mercury station the other day, couldn't get down to shell it was a little too far. I appreciate the advice though, you think I should run this tank out and then fill up with better gas and give it another shot?
      04-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
Dj_Quik
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yeah you could try and do that. Just dont go WOT until you get better gas. And the ecu still cuts throttle even though the traction light didnt come on. Youd have to have it full off so it wont intervene when your logging
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #5
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I wasn't sure whether to create a new (likely short-lived) thread or not, so decided to just piggyback back off this one. Let me know if I should've done the other thing! I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give a couple of my logs a quick look.

2018 M2 LCI 6MT
- Stage 2 91 OTS v5.9
- Max cool off (had it on before and in Sport mode the oil temp gauge didn't want to reach it's typical stock-map Sport mode steady state temps, will keep it off as a "street" map)
- Petro Canada 94 fuel (Toronto, Ontario)
- CSF FMIC
- FTP CP/BP
- Pure Inlet
- Turbosmart plumb-back DV
- Fabspeed sport cat

Logs (second log was probably 5-10 seconds after the first, both in 3rd gear):
- https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=60ba...729b321cd737e7
- https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=60ba...90c607d8fdf838

Note: I'll admit, as excited as I was to finally datalog, I screwed up and did them in Comfort mode (I never even drive in Comfort... but I turned off the car before plugging in my laptop and forgot to set it back to Sport as I took off). With that being said, I'm on Hankook RS4 (warmed up from a 30 minute cruise leading up to the logging) and didn't really feel TC come on. I will obviously redo the logs in DSC OFF next time.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 02:28 AM   #6
Dj_Quik
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
I wasn't sure whether to create a new (likely short-lived) thread or not, so decided to just piggyback back off this one. Let me know if I should've done the other thing! I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give a couple of my logs a quick look.

2018 M2 LCI 6MT
- Stage 2 91 OTS v5.9
- Max cool off (had it on before and in Sport mode the oil temp gauge didn't want to reach it's typical stock-map Sport mode steady state temps, will keep it off as a "street" map)
- CSF FMIC
- FTP CP/BP
- Pure Inlet
- Fabspeed sport cat

Note: I'll admit, as excited as I was to finally datalog, I screwed up and did them in Comfort mode (I never even drive in Comfort... but I turned off the car before plugging in my laptop and forgot to set it back to Sport as I took off). With that being said, I'm on Hankook RS4 (warmed up from a 30 minute cruise leading up to the logging) and didn't really feel TC come on. I will obviously redo the logs in DSC OFF next time.

Thank you!
logs look good to me. petro 94 is good stuff.
      06-07-2021, 03:28 AM   #7
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post

2018 M2 LCI 6MT
- Stage 2 91 OTS v5.9
- CSF FMIC
- FTP CP/BP
- Pure Inlet
- Fabspeed sport cat

Thank you!
1st log shows timing pull on cyl 3 whereas timing is more consistent on 2nd log.

If done in comfort mode, DSC off and try datalogging again...

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
gphung193.50