BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Drag Race: M2 - M4 - M5 - M6 [video]

08-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #155
supsup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: CLS63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyJrze View Post
I don't even know what that means...I take it that was suppose to be funny...haha?

I've seen your type a dozen or so times in this forum:

Enjoy the forum while you can.
Millenials

First off. Congratulations on being able to afford the Honda Civic Type-R of Orange County CA and LA. I’m sure your M3 is your biggest accomplishment thus far by Jersey standards.

Keep reinforcing the stereotype “Dirty Jersey”. Should I make any guesses to the typical person who would include “Dirty Jersey” as their name?

Clown who still lives at home with their parents. And if they don’t they’re in some shitty apartment because their $1,200 car lease won’t let them buy anything. But “cars is life” in Jersey so you have a false narrative of success to portray.

You probably work at some shitty sub shop but have dreams of becoming a stock broker or real estate agent or some other job your type dreams about. When is the next series 7 license test coming? Time to study yet?

You juicing Bro? Probably. Voted for Trump? Probably. Need to belong? Most certainly.

Your M3 is the only thing of value you own. Besides that watch that you also can’t afford. But it sure looks good on the Shore during the summer.

Almost time to put the winter tires on and go snow boarding brooooooo!

I know your type well. Dirty. And judging by your Avatar you love accusing other people of lying in order to make yourself feel better See how stereotypes work?

And get over yourself with the M3 you clown. The new house IS the reason for the M3 for me. I had to be talked down to it. Otherwise I’d be shooting higher.

Clown.

Last edited by supsup; 08-27-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #156
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Thanks for the video! I had a feeling the M2 wasn't very fast. I test drove one a couple months back and dare I say it felt the same/tad slower than my Z4M Roadster. Looked at the $60k sticker and just shook my head.

Saved me some money though, more years in the Z4M ahead!
The M2s are not very fast. They only trap ~107, which is quite slow these days...but should have been expected for 3500 lb car with 365 hp. When I looked at one as a daily, it was nimble, decently quick and felt pretty good overall. Much more drivable than my M4 in terms of traction. Interior felt really cheap though and was a major deterrent. Even if they could have put the M3/4 seats in would have went a long way.

Last edited by Motorsportenterprise; 08-27-2017 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #157
DrtyJrze
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by supsup View Post
Quote:
I don't even know what that means...I take it that was suppose to be funny...haha?

Millenials

Keep reinforcing the stereotype “Dirty Jersey”. Should I make any guesses to the typical person who would include “Dirty Jersey” as their name?

Clown who still lives at home with their parents. And if they don’t they’re in some shitty apartment because their $1,200 car lease won’t let them buy anything. But “cars is life” in Jersey so you have a false narrative of success to portray.

You probably work at some shitty sub shop but have dreams of becoming a stock broker or real estate agent or some other job your type dreams about. When is the next series 7 license test coming? Time to study yet?

You juicing Bro? Probably. Voted for Trump? Probably. Need to belong? Most certainly.

Your M3 is the only thing of value you own. Besides that watch that you also can’t afford. But it sure looks good on the Shore during the summer.

I know your type well. Dirty. And judging by your Avatar you love accusing other people of lying in order to make yourself feel better See how stereotypes work?

And get over yourself with the M3 you clown. The new house IS the reason for the M3 for me. I had to be talked down to it. Otherwise I’d be shooting higher.

Clown.
Riiggghhtt.

So is the M3 you DON'T have due to your fiancé requiring 4 doors? Or is it the house? Keep your story straight. Also, please tell us all what car you are stepping "down" from.

I don't go back and forth in forums. I'm good in life, don't have anything to prove.

My suggestion to you is:

1) Actually get one of these cars first.
2) Form your OWN opinion.
3) Post it.

Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass and embarrassing yourself.

Looking forward to your thread about an actual purchase.
      08-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #158
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Quote:

Millenials

First off. Congratulations on being able to afford the Honda Civic Type-R of Orange County CA and LA. I’m sure your M3 is your biggest accomplishment thus far by Jersey standards.

Clown.
Lease or own ? Lol
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #159
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Gentlemen,
It appears like we have ourselves a
live drag race in progress...
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      08-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #160
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Millenials

Clown.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on bimmerpost by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is bimmerpost. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #161
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
The M2s are not very fast. They only trap ~107, which is quite slow these days...but should have been expected for 3500 lb car with 365 hp. When I looked at one as a daily, it was nimble, decently quick and felt pretty good overall. Much more drivable than my M4 in terms of traction. Interior felt really cheap though and was a major deterrent. Even if they could have put the M3/4 seats in would have went a long way.
M2 isn't very fast that I agree with. But trap speed should be 113mph on DCT. 107-109 is more like 235i, 110-111 140/240i. M4 base 116. ZCP 119.
Brake_Late1936.50
      08-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #162
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
Quote:
You could get the DCT is the states as well on the 135i (and not just the 135is) the last several years combined with n55 engine in it.
Are you sure? the dual clutch DCT or do you mean just the auto?

They dont have it on M135,235,240 anywhere else.
DCT... And yes I am sure.

From that point forward BMW started being chintzy.
Was also on the Z4 I believe.
      08-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #163
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ll-test-review

You cherry pick the ridiculous Motor Trend test where they get 107 trap on some dirt road in 115 degree Nevada, and I'll cherry pick C&D test where they got 113 trap for a manual M2. Let's call it somewhere in between, shall we?

My 435i 8AT was a 107 trap car. The stock MT M2 is substantially faster. Those ass clowns at Motortrend are not to be trusted
Appreciate 2
Brake_Late1936.50
      08-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #164
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

isnt the F82 6 seconds faster around the Nürburgring than the M2?

but in relation to this video, i thought the M5/M6 are faster than the F80s in the quarter mile.
      08-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #165
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

but in relation to this video, i thought the M5/M6 are faster than the F80s in the quarter mile.
They are 0.1 second faster in the 1/4 than the M3/4 supposedly. One forgets another aspect with a human being behind the wheel: reaction time.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #166
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight

They are just have lots of traction issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #167
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ll-test-review

You cherry pick the ridiculous Motor Trend test where they get 107 trap on some dirt road in 115 degree Nevada, and I'll cherry pick C&D test where they got 113 trap for a manual M2. Let's call it somewhere in between, shall we?

My 435i 8AT was a 107 trap car. The stock MT M2 is substantially faster. Those ass clowns at Motortrend are not to be trusted
I've seen the 113 test, and I'd call it an anomaly as most other tests don't have it trapping that even with DCT. Manual is surely slower. I'd say 107 for the manual and 110 for the DCT is reasonable...

106.8 trap - 6mt
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/fiat/...r-s-toyota-86/

110 trap with DCT
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/fiat/...r-s-toyota-86/

111 with DCT
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...test/?zoomable

110 with DCT
http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/road_tests/2016-bmw-m2

107 with DCT
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/m...val-good-gets/
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #168
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Yet you took the time to respond with a retarded meme. Sorry I called your slow car slow.
Don't you call spongebob retarded. c'mon.
Brake_Late1936.50
      08-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #169
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supsup
Just check the Bimmerpost M2 CS threads.
Yep. Forums. The go-to source of verified, peer reviewed, reliable anything.
jmg18493.00
Brake_Late1936.50
      08-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #170
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You could get the DCT is the states as well on the 135i (and not just the 135is) the last several years combined with n55 engine in it.
Are you sure? the dual clutch DCT or do you mean just the auto?

They dont have it on M135,235,240 anywhere else.
DCT... And yes I am sure.

From that point forward BMW started being chintzy.
Correct
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #171
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

9 seconds difference between the M2 and M4 according to AMS/SA Supertest.
Attached Images

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #172
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Interesting, would've thought the M6 was fastest.
Only thing that surprised me about the video.

The M2 should be the slowest in a straight line. Though DCT would have helped it a little and his 0-60 in 5.2 seconds is amongst the slowest I’ve seen.
5.2 is slow. New Audi TT RS is around 3.6 seconds
The M2 is super close to the TTRS.

IF the M2 was AWD it would not be even slightly behind.
TTRS will do 0-100 in 8.5 seconds. M2 won't have a chance in a straight line.
And then?

There is more to life than straight line performance.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #173
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive - '21 X3M40

Maybe I'm being naive, but I wouldn't think anything around a 10 second difference on a 12.9 mile track lap time would really big a big deal at all.

Previous: 2020 M340 / 2017 X3 / 2016 340xi / 2013 335xi / 2011 X3 / 2010 328i / 2007 328i / 2004 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #174
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Alright. Its odd tho why they removed the DCT. Could have left it as option. Like the 2999$ LSD from m-performance (its like 5000$ installed from stealership) :/ ok so it probably wouldnt sell that much. But still!

I am still gonna say it tho, I think its the manual box doing more harm then good in these races. That 0-60 time seems very very slow.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #175
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Will be interesting to see this done again once the M2 CS is out with the S55

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #176
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Alright. Its odd tho why they removed the DCT. Could have left it as option. Like the 2999$ LSD from m-performance (its like 5000$ installed from stealership) :/ ok so it probably wouldnt sell that much. But still!

I am still gonna say it tho, I think its the manual box doing more harm then good in these races. That 0-60 time seems very very slow.
True, but as I said before, dude shifts like a giggling girl. So that is why he was slow as hell.
Appreciate 0