BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Trouble with extended warranty(Freedom)

04-22-2024, 11:03 AM   #1
veency
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Trouble with extended warranty(Freedom)

I purchased a new to me 2018 BMW M2 with 23k miles recently and went ahead and got a 5 year 125k mile warranty through freedom warranty for $4k USD. I usually don’t buy these but I figured with an M car I’d be coming out ahead once it gets up there in miles and it’s already out of warranty. Fun fact the factory charge pipe blew on a test drive and was replaced same day.

Anyway, I’m having trouble getting CarPlay and the navigation to load. CarPlay just gave me an error and navigation just said ‘loading’ and never actually does. Took it to a BMW dealer and they said they can try reflashing/resetting the DME software($200 for diag, $400 for reset/reflash). Provided this works that would be great and assumed it would be covered under the extended warranty when I called ahead of time and confirmed with the warranty company.

I was just notified by them though that it would NOT be covered because it’s considered an update to the cars software, although nowhere in the contract does it state that it wouldn’t be covered, and I also opted for the entertainment coverage on the warranty.

I know these warranty companies try to ever get out of paying anything but is there a way I can fight this? Re-read the contract multiple times but the only info I can find on this is when I call and they tell me it’s not covered by word of mouth.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 05:40 PM   #2
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

It probably is not covered because it isn't a hardware failure. if the software needed to be updated when the hardware is replaced then its probably covered at that time.