BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Kimchi and Rice - A Build Saga (M2C)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2018, 02:29 AM   #67
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Cool thread. I wonder what class those M4's are built for, they look like pretty much stock street cars. Definitely not GT4 spec or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I was wondering that also, they look like street cars with stickers.
It's stock except:
wheels (everyone uses the same aftermarket wheel made by some company I don't recognize)
Tires (Nexxen)
roll cage
I *think* brake pads
you're allowed a racing seat of your choice for the driver

And that's it, otherwise it's wheel to wheel stock racing that tests the driver more than the car
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #68
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage9 View Post
Great story, and congrats on the new car!

I lived in Korea for a year between 2013~2014 staying in Yeoksam, Seoul. I work for an auto parts supplier and we had an office in Seoul, my daily commute was ~8km but ended up taking about 30mins in traffic! I also frequently commuted back and forth to Namyang to the Hyundai R&D centre for work. Driving in Korea is certainly an experience... I commend you for having your own car there, I just had a rental Veloster for the duration of my stay. And driving during Chuseok, man, I remember those highways were packed and spending hours just crawling along to get to the gf's hometown.

I really enjoyed my time in Korea and have been back many, many times, most recently in September. Even though I'm often there for only a week at a time now, I make a point of eating all the foods that I miss!



Lol, that's sorta the route I took I did learn quite a bit but never became fluent
I usually leave the country for Chuseok.... You can't get anywhere during that time anyway. The airports are pretty busy but I just buy my tix early.
Except this year I'll be in Seoul so it'll mean empty roads so I can bomb around town without traffic!

Korea's great, probably gonna do two more years before I have to move on for the whole career growth thing. I'll soak in as much as I can until then otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #69
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Congrats on the car, and very rare there indeed. I was in Seoul and Busan a few weeks ago and most BMWs there are well equipped 3/5 series with 4 cylinders engine.

Next time I'm in Korea if I see a M2C 6mt like this I know who's car it is haha
There are sooo many 320d and 520d BMW's it can make your head swim. 70% of cars here are domestic, the other 30% are BMW's. An exaggeration but it's pretty close to the truth LOL

That's why the diesel recall was such a big deal here - the government even passed a law saying if you're caught driving around without having done the recall service you would be put in jail. Most apartment complex's made ALL BMW's park on the street instead of in underground parking because management was afraid of the cars catching the buildings on fire lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 03:22 AM   #70
W12x
Captain
67
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Congrats on the car, and very rare there indeed. I was in Seoul and Busan a few weeks ago and most BMWs there are well equipped 3/5 series with 4 cylinders engine.

Next time I'm in Korea if I see a M2C 6mt like this I know who's car it is haha
There are sooo many 320d and 520d BMW's it can make your head swim. 70% of cars here are domestic, the other 30% are BMW's. An exaggeration but it's pretty close to the truth LOL

That's why the diesel recall was such a big deal here - the government even passed a law saying if you're caught driving around without having done the recall service you would be put in jail. Most apartment complex's made ALL BMW's park on the street instead of in underground parking because management was afraid of the cars catching the buildings on fire lol.
Yea I noticed that too, rarely see any diesel in China and Japan but Korea is full of them. Some have good M-Package and wheels tho. And the 70% KDM rate is pretty damn close to what I have seen.

I was staying in Gangnam and found BMWs in the underground garage, but that's pretty funny (and I did see a lot of cars have the door cushion to avoid getting dented)

Also saw a fake M5 in Myeongdong walking district, it was not a good fake and really easy to tell it's not real M from the engine sound, but didn't stop the driver from thinking that he's the center of attention for the entire tourist area:
__________________
2011 BMW E92 M3
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #71
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Yea I noticed that too, rarely see any diesel in China and Japan but Korea is full of them. Some have good M-Package and wheels tho. And the 70% KDM rate is pretty damn close to what I have seen.

I was staying in Gangnam and found BMWs in the underground garage, but that's pretty funny (and I did see a lot of cars have the door cushion to avoid getting dented)

Also saw a fake M5 in Myeongdong walking district, it was not a good fake and really easy to tell it's not real M from the engine sound, but didn't stop the driver from thinking that he's the center of attention for the entire tourist area:
Oh the 70% figure is actually true, but obviously not 30% BMW's lol but it's definitely close. And usually they're optioned pretty well, but not by choice! I guess BMW Korea options them all in an effort to effect resale so you just have to pick off the lot. As a result a lot of times they're a lot more expensive.

"Engine tax" or "fuel consumption tax" when purchasing the car makes buying M cars pretty cost prohibitive, especially the bigger engines. That is why the OG M2 has been so popular here, it has a smaller engine displacement so it's an affordable M car tax-wise. Lol.

Like the Lexus IS350 was never even offered here for that exact reason, interestingly enough! Same as you'll never find a 550i.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #72
soopa
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2018 F90 M5
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Seoul, Korea

iTrader: (0)

Great read! I had a Sebring S2000 with a good amount of mods. Looks like you had a ton of Mugen goodies. I've been driving a 2005 SM5, which I still have, and recently treated myself to a F90 M5.

I was at the BMW Track Event a few weeks back and got to drive the M2, M3, M4CS and M5. All unique and enjoyable in its own way. The 4WD system on the M5 is almost like cheating.

Have fun with the car! Too bad winter has come.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #73
CosmosMpower
Colonel
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1217
Rep
2,914
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, 997 GT3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
It's stock except:
wheels (everyone uses the same aftermarket wheel made by some company I don't recognize)
Tires (Nexxen)
roll cage
I *think* brake pads
you're allowed a racing seat of your choice for the driver

And that's it, otherwise it's wheel to wheel stock racing that tests the driver more than the car
Wow stock suspension and alignment? No fire system?
__________________
I drive a Prius
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #74
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Break-in, but not by the book!

Break-in, but not by the book!

So first of all I'm behind on updating so I apologize!

This was back in October, but the day after the race I passed the break-in period so I had the service done.

So starting about a week before I knew I was going to hit 1,200 miles I tried making an appointment at my local BMW service center, only to find out that the next available service time slot was 28 days later - they were so inundated with diesel recalls that they literally couldn't get it in any earlier. Well I don't want to have a bunch of break-in oil sitting in my car so I started to think of other options. Then I come to find out that my other friend with a US spec M2 said "the break in service isn't important anyway, they don't change the oil or anything." And I was like, uh.... Yeah, they do! So I sent him the info and he came back with "they never did mine...." So he immediately had his changed at the BMW Performance Shop I've mentioned in this thread before. I hadn't quite hit 1,200 miles, I was at around 700, so I decided to wait a few days until I actually made it. I passed the mark conveniently on Columbus Day so I drove up first thing in the morning and got stuck in Seoul traffic.



I showed up only a little bit late and he instantly backed my car in and got to work. He was in the process of changing out his brake pads and switching to his track wheels, as he had a track day the following day. Unfortunately I couldn't make it because I had to work....











It's always fun to look under the car when it's up in the air!





I replaced the oil with Motul 0W-40 and replaced the diff fluid as well.





Anyway that's enough pictures of a simple oil change. So the next part was resetting the oil indicator thingy right?

Wrong.

Well, yes, that's what you're supposed to do, and we tried!!



But for whatever reason he couldn't get it out of break-in service mode. So he called his BMW buddy and tried to work it out for me to drive to a local dealership to have it done. Uuuuunfortunately.... The guy was on vacation. So he said he would get back to me on that. Next was he really wanted to code the car for me (this was before I bought the app) so I said okay why not? I don't mind. But I guess he couldn't get the update that included the M2C so that ended up not happening. But in the meantime...

In the meantime I was amazed at how many people, in the middle of the day, came by to either just say hi, chat, or have something done to their cars.



At times it was like a constant stream - I was there 3 or 4 hours (I mean, I had nothing better to do that day) and 4 M4's, 6 M2's, an Infiniti (random), a 991, the list goes on but anyway the point is there was always at a minimum 3 or 4 people there at a time, I kept thinking "don't these people work?" but then I remembered "well I'm not at work either..."

One M4 in particular showed up, it was quiiite nice to look at.













And then eventually I left so I could go sit in shit traffic going home! And feed my dog.



To close the loop, I did eventually get to the dealership to get the computer reset. Unfortunately however I had to drive over an hour and a half both ways to get there only to have it take less than 10 minutes. Greeeat.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #75
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopa View Post
Great read! I had a Sebring S2000 with a good amount of mods. Looks like you had a ton of Mugen goodies. I've been driving a 2005 SM5, which I still have, and recently treated myself to a F90 M5.

I was at the BMW Track Event a few weeks back and got to drive the M2, M3, M4CS and M5. All unique and enjoyable in its own way. The 4WD system on the M5 is almost like cheating.

Have fun with the car! Too bad winter has come.
Yeah winter sucks! Yeah my s2000 has a Mugen top but other than that a bunch of Amuse stuff on it lol

Do you go to the Style shop a lot? I've read a lot about it on Naver, I've been meaning to stop by and check it out. They seem like a cool group.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #76
W12x
Captain
67
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Oh the 70% figure is actually true, but obviously not 30% BMW's lol but it's definitely close. And usually they're optioned pretty well, but not by choice! I guess BMW Korea options them all in an effort to effect resale so you just have to pick off the lot. As a result a lot of times they're a lot more expensive.

"Engine tax" or "fuel consumption tax" when purchasing the car makes buying M cars pretty cost prohibitive, especially the bigger engines. That is why the OG M2 has been so popular here, it has a smaller engine displacement so it's an affordable M car tax-wise. Lol.

Like the Lexus IS350 was never even offered here for that exact reason, interestingly enough! Same as you'll never find a 550i.
The engine tax part is interesting. China have an engine displacement tax, so larger displacement=higher tax, regardless of fuel consumption/CO2. And of course Teslas got 0% tax on that part. Would love to hear a little bit about how the Korean one works.

IS350 is in similar situation in China, they have a 2998cc V6 equipped IS300 instead to play with the magic displacement numbers.

I did see a dozen or two American cars like Camaro and Challengers in Seoul and Busan, but most are V6/Turbo 4 ones and maybe one or two were V8s.

How are you liking the modding scene there in Korea?
__________________
2011 BMW E92 M3
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #77
M3 Number 86
Major General
2641
Rep
5,575
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Break-in, but not by the book!

So first of all I'm behind on updating so I apologize!

This was back in October, but the day after the race I passed the break-in period so I had the service done.

So starting about a week before I knew I was going to hit 1,200 miles I tried making an appointment at my local BMW service center, only to find out that the next available service time slot was 28 days later - they were so inundated with diesel recalls that they literally couldn't get it in any earlier. Well I don't want to have a bunch of break-in oil sitting in my car so I started to think of other options. Then I come to find out that my other friend with a US spec M2 said "the break in service isn't important anyway, they don't change the oil or anything." And I was like, uh.... Yeah, they do! So I sent him the info and he came back with "they never did mine...." So he immediately had his changed at the BMW Performance Shop I've mentioned in this thread before. I hadn't quite hit 1,200 miles, I was at around 700, so I decided to wait a few days until I actually made it. I passed the mark conveniently on Columbus Day so I drove up first thing in the morning and got stuck in Seoul traffic.



I showed up only a little bit late and he instantly backed my car in and got to work. He was in the process of changing out his brake pads and switching to his track wheels, as he had a track day the following day. Unfortunately I couldn't make it because I had to work....











It's always fun to look under the car when it's up in the air!





I replaced the oil with Motul 0W-40 and replaced the diff fluid as well.





Anyway that's enough pictures of a simple oil change. So the next part was resetting the oil indicator thingy right?

Wrong.

Well, yes, that's what you're supposed to do, and we tried!!



But for whatever reason he couldn't get it out of break-in service mode. So he called his BMW buddy and tried to work it out for me to drive to a local dealership to have it done. Uuuuunfortunately.... The guy was on vacation. So he said he would get back to me on that. Next was he really wanted to code the car for me (this was before I bought the app) so I said okay why not? I don't mind. But I guess he couldn't get the update that included the M2C so that ended up not happening. But in the meantime...

In the meantime I was amazed at how many people, in the middle of the day, came by to either just say hi, chat, or have something done to their cars.



At times it was like a constant stream - I was there 3 or 4 hours (I mean, I had nothing better to do that day) and 4 M4's, 6 M2's, an Infiniti (random), a 991, the list goes on but anyway the point is there was always at a minimum 3 or 4 people there at a time, I kept thinking "don't these people work?" but then I remembered "well I'm not at work either..."

One M4 in particular showed up, it was quiiite nice to look at.













And then eventually I left so I could go sit in shit traffic going home! And feed my dog.



To close the loop, I did eventually get to the dealership to get the computer reset. Unfortunately however I had to drive over an hour and a half both ways to get there only to have it take less than 10 minutes. Greeeat.
lol this company and I follow each other on IG #koreans
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #78
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
lol this company and I follow each other on IG #koreans
Lol! Hwang is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. And he does really good work.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #79
bigjae1976
Major General
bigjae1976's Avatar
563
Rep
7,041
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wichita, KS

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I remember having my 2004 330ci in Seoul from 09-11. It was the one 3 series coupe there since they only imported 3 series sedans and M3 coupes. I used to scare the shit out of people because the exhaust was so loud. Some how it survived without a single door ding for 2 years!

Got to run at Taebaek a couple of times. Fun drive...massive PIA since you have to bring your own premium fuel.

__________________
2015 F34 328iX GT Glacier Silver
2011 E90 M3 Monte Carlo Blue
2004 E46 M3 Imola Red
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #80
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I remember having my 2004 330ci in Seoul from 09-11. It was the one 3 series coupe there since they only imported 3 series sedans and M3 coupes. I used to scare the shit out of people because the exhaust was so loud. Some how it survived without a single door ding for 2 years!

Got to run at Taebaek a couple of times. Fun drive...massive PIA since you have to bring your own premium fuel.

Haven't been out there yet but it looks like a fun track! They didn't have a gas station that was close out there?

Congrats on no door dings, you should buy a lotto ticket with those odds! Lol although I've been extremely careful with parking with the M2, I park in the car corner with a wheel over the line so nobody parks next to me at my apartment and I parallel park at work. Crossing my fingers!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #81
eDrive
.
eDrive's Avatar
474
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Someone has to mention kimchi when anything has to do with Korea i fucking hate it

But the car is nice and i know its extremely rare to have 6 speed M2C in Korea
I completely agree.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #82
M3 Number 86
Major General
2641
Rep
5,575
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I remember having my 2004 330ci in Seoul from 09-11. It was the one 3 series coupe there since they only imported 3 series sedans and M3 coupes. I used to scare the shit out of people because the exhaust was so loud. Some how it survived without a single door ding for 2 years!

Got to run at Taebaek a couple of times. Fun drive...massive PIA since you have to bring your own premium fuel.

that video needs to say MURICA haha
__________________
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #83
nysid2007
Second Lieutenant
nysid2007's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S.F bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Kimchi and Rice - A Build Saga



This thread will be my diary/journal of sorts to document my progress with my M2C. It seems other M2C folks are posting their build threads in this section so I chose to as well, but this can always be moved if need be!

A little about myself, I am an American currently living in South Korea. It's not really that common given the fact that Korea is so homogeneous and frankly they heavily limit and regulate foreign work visas to very few occupational roles, and not to mention the fact that I moved without knowing how to even say "thank you" or "oh my god, please help me I'm so lost and I REALLY HAVE TO PEE" before I moved here. But here we are!

I'm not usually one for naming cars but in this instance I thought it to be appropriate to do so, and I settled on "Kimchi Rice" or in Korean "김치볶음밥" because the car is white and I'm a redneck so it seemed to make sense at the time. By the way, if you haven't eaten kimchi fried rice before you're missing out on one of the most wholesome, belly warming meals in existence.

This car is a lot of firsts for me; it's my first new car (newest otherwise was a 2009), my first BMW, my first car with over 400hp (before this the highest was my 240hp S2000), and frankly I had sworn off anything German after my disastrous high school / college car, which was a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta from the 7th circle of hell. I still have nightmares about the window switches, the never constant idle, and the smell of sweet, burnt coolant will forever be in my nostrils.

This thread will be more of a journal than a "build" in the sense of what we usually see around here. I think a lot of folks do a lot of stuff all at once which is all posted in the first post. I prefer to post as I go along, and document my trial and error process, and I think that's too much for a single post. As such I plan to keep a "table of contents" in the first post and I will update regularly with links for each post. Hopefully that works out.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community; my experience thus far has been really positive (even if you guys sometimes argue about the most asinine stuff LOL) and you all are a wealth of knowledge that I am grateful to learn from.

Happy reading!

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1:
Where should I begin? Oh the beginning of course!
Delivery
Basic Performance shop visit + reflector replacement
Getting through break-in
Dashcam install faaaaaaail
Protect the paint!
Let's go Racing!

Modifications
Tuning/Coding
Bimmerlink
Bimmercode (various)

Interior:
Blackvue DR550 2 Channel Dashcam (F&R)

Exterior:
Vivienne Ceramic Coating
IND Front Reflectors, painted
Acexxon Honeycomb rear reflector replacement
Haverkamp 70% front windshield, 40% side/rear ceramic tint

Engine:

Brakes/Suspension:

Wheels/Tires:

Exhaust:



Links:
Instagram
Personal blog (mostly travel stuff)
Naver blog (in Korean)
S2000 build thread - Nobody likes the tuna here
Flight stats
Which part of South Korea r u staying? If you r near by~ I would like to check out M2 comp pack ~!! Nice ride~!
__________________
PORSCHE 911 TURBO S coming soon
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #84
warrenw
First Lieutenant
warrenw's Avatar
285
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 07 Honda S2000
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysid2007 View Post
Which part of South Korea r u staying? If you r near by~ I would like to check out M2 comp pack ~!! Nice ride~!
I'm 45 minutes south of Seoul by train! But I might be moving to Seoul next month lol
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #85
soopa
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2018 F90 M5
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Seoul, Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Yeah winter sucks! Yeah my s2000 has a Mugen top but other than that a bunch of Amuse stuff on it lol

Do you go to the Style shop a lot? I've read a lot about it on Naver, I've been meaning to stop by and check it out. They seem like a cool group.
I had my car PFF'd and Ceramic coated by them.
Also had various cosmetic mods installed.

The owners are BMW M fanatics and local circuit race champs.
I would highly recommend for any maintenance or modification work.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #86
isjoey
Second Lieutenant
isjoey's Avatar
130
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: M2, 335is , CBR100RR
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (0)

First, congrats and enjoy! Great post!!!

You might also want to swing by the BMW Driving Center at Incheon airport. Very very nice facility, and track. The track is very technical and fun! I am sure everyone there would like to see your M2C as well. I believe they also offer a course that allow you to drive your own car as well.

I went for a M Taxi ride in the M5 and did the Challenge A course driving a 2018 M2. Was great, and all for only approx. $120 USD! Going to post about this soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #87
bigjae1976
Major General
bigjae1976's Avatar
563
Rep
7,041
Posts

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wichita, KS

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I remember having my 2004 330ci in Seoul from 09-11. It was the one 3 series coupe there since they only imported 3 series sedans and M3 coupes. I used to scare the shit out of people because the exhaust was so loud. Some how it survived without a single door ding for 2 years!

Got to run at Taebaek a couple of times. Fun drive...massive PIA since you have to bring your own premium fuel.

Haven't been out there yet but it looks like a fun track! They didn't have a gas station that was close out there?

Congrats on no door dings, you should buy a lotto ticket with those odds! Lol although I've been extremely careful with parking with the M2, I park in the car corner with a wheel over the line so nobody parks next to me at my apartment and I parallel park at work. Crossing my fingers!
Back then there was no premium fuel once you got past Pyongchong (or whatever the last city is before you get into the mountains). A Korean speaking buddy verified this.

It's a great drive to get out to the track, lots of fun roads. But can't really do much with gas cans in the trunk.

I think I brought 10g of fuel. Most open days were 9-3pm.

I will admit, I had a beater for the more dicey trips. Still...it was extremely difficult to avoid the dings.

But the fact that they have some BMW tuners there now is great! They had nothing I'd trust or could afford when I was there.
__________________
2015 F34 328iX GT Glacier Silver
2011 E90 M3 Monte Carlo Blue
2004 E46 M3 Imola Red
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #88
mckman
New Member
6
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 (E90) Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Great read!! A nice alternative to the usual Euro delivery threads.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Sedan (Euro Delivery) - The original
2016 F31 328d SportWagon (Euro Delivery) - Gone
2018 F30 340i xDrive 6MT - B58 rocks
2018 F15 X5 - Everyone needs an SUV these days.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST