08-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #45
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
That should be about correct. With a Base MSRP of $83,600 the invoice price should be $78,316. Added Value is another 5% of MSRP so another $4,180. Total cost = $74,136.
It will be interesting to see what the range of discount or premium will be across the board in the US
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #46
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It will be interesting to see what the range of discount or premium will be across the board in the US
Indeed. Considering the three dealers I talked to within 200 miles of me were already 3 deep on allocation deposits at or above MSRP... I don't suspect it'll vary much in my area. I'm sure there will be some changes with COVID and the economy and with people changing their minds. However, not worth the stress in the end from my view.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #47
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think allocation will have an influence on that as well. If it is 400 units then that allocated over 341 dealers will mean some won't get any. Big stores (particularly on the west coast) may get a few and I doubt that in their market they won't go for a premium.
      08-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #48
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
If it is 400 units then that allocated over 341 dealers will mean some won't get any. Big stores (particularly on the west coast) may get a few and I doubt that in their market they won't go for a premium.
Gimme

That is not how it works. I posted this a while back in another M2CS thread. . .

The way allocations work for limited edition BMW releases . . . every dealership will get at least one allocation provided they have a chassis (build) request. So, if one dealership has a list with 10 interested purchasers, their ‘second on the list’ will not receive an allocation before a ‘first on the list’ at all other dealerships.

Since there are approximately 340 BMW dealerships in the U.S. – and assuming every dealership has interested purchasers – that means about 30% of the dealerships will go two-deep into the allocation.

I also posted a while back that my local dealership in Michigan has had zero interest expressed in M2CS - their allocation was, and remains wide open. They never go above MRSP, and would likely be willing to come down a few points.

I have absolutely nothing to gain except the pleasure of helping an interested member secure a CS chassis build. PM me if interested

///AVM
Appreciate 1
19x459.50
      08-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #49
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
If it is 400 units then that allocated over 341 dealers will mean some won't get any. Big stores (particularly on the west coast) may get a few and I doubt that in their market they won't go for a premium.
Gimme

That is not how it works. I posted this a while back in another M2CS thread. . .

The way allocations work for limited edition BMW releases . . . every dealership will get at least one allocation provided they have a chassis (build) request. So, if one dealership has a list with 10 interested purchasers, their ‘second on the list’ will not receive an allocation before a ‘first on the list’ at all other dealerships.

Since there are approximately 340 BMW dealerships in the U.S. – and assuming every dealership has interested purchasers – that means about 30% of the dealerships will go two-deep into the allocation.

I also posted a while back that my local dealership in Michigan has had zero interest expressed in M2CS - their allocation was, and remains wide open. They never go above MRSP, and would likely be willing to come down a few points.

I have absolutely nothing to gain except the pleasure of helping an interested member secure a CS chassis build. PM me if interested

///AVM
Thanks for the info. How did your dealer come across this information? I was under a different impression based on info from the western region rep.
      08-03-2020, 10:56 PM   #50
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

44lbs lighter than the Chiron. Gotta pay to play. A little out of my price range.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/cr...ivery-in-2021/
Appreciate 0