BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > M2 CS in the wild (pics)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2020, 11:09 PM   #111
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

https://www.autojunk.nl/2020/03/de-nieuwe-m2-cs





Appreciate 2
cncmastr529.50
Poochie3907.50

      03-26-2020, 12:35 AM   #112
AlpsRider
Colonel
AlpsRider's Avatar
1703
Rep
2,668
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

What is going on with those fender wells?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:45 AM   #113
Davil
Captain
Australia
1529
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
What is going on with those fender wells?
My dealer confirmed they are not coming to Australia and likely Euro only. So I think US will be safe too.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:51 AM   #114
Io
Private
Belgium
138
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

I like the idea of a M2 with a 450hp engine and -finally- an adaptative suspension. But there are several things about the CS that would prevent me of buying it:
- available colors: two kinds of white, a basic black, a toy-like smurf blue, and ... thatís it.
- an awful rear muffler
- uninspiring sound
- no color option for the interior: only merino black with red stitching
- same rear Dakota-leather seats than the base M2
- same weird big black mono-kidney grill than the M2C
- I donít like black wheels, and I find golden wheels ridiculous.

Must be an amazing car to drive, and I congratulate all the buyers, but on my side I just canít decide to spend so much money on a car with so many unticked (to me) boxes.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 05:53 AM   #115
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post
I like the idea of a M2 with a 450hp engine and -finally- an adaptative suspension. But there are several things about the CS that would prevent me of buying it:
- available colors: two kinds of white, a basic black, a toy-like smurf blue, and ... thatís it.
- an awful rear muffler
- uninspiring sound
- no color option for the interior: only merino black with red stitching
- same rear Dakota-leather seats than the base M2
- same weird big black mono-kidney grill than the M2C
- I donít like black wheels, and I find golden wheels ridiculous.

Must be an amazing car to drive, and I congratulate all the buyers, but on my side I just canít decide to spend so much money on a car with so many unticked (to me) boxes.
Is it confirmed that the rear seats are Dakota and not Merino? That would be a strange mismatch. I've asked this question previously, but no real answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #116
///AVM
Second Lieutenant
///AVM's Avatar
286
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Just one man’s subjective views . . .

I like the wheels on the M2CS more than those on the M2C, but think the M2 wheels are best to date.

Never been a fan of the M2C carbon fiber front splitter and side winglets. Front splitter makes the front-end look way too busy/gaudy; side winglets look disconnected and disrupts the beautiful lines already present on stock Competition.

Why did BMW provide adaptive suspension and it appears they could not better ‘adapt’ the tire-to-fender distance. Based on photos presented to date, it appears the CS tire-to-fender distance is larger than with the Competition.

The stock M2C nails the sweet spot in design and, obviously, price.

///AVM
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ///AVM; 03-26-2020 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #117
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
695
Rep
420
Posts

Drives: a light twin from Boeing.
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Have to admit, of all the 'bits & bobs" on the M2C, the only one I'd really lust over would be the CF hood.

If funds weren't an issue (i.e. my wife would KILL me), I'd go with the M2C MP CF hood (NOT the CS's), CF roof, and small CF rear spoiler.

That? Would look outstanding imho.

I agree on the "add-on" look of the front splitter, side wings, etc-- they just disrupt some lines that are beautiful just as they are and personally, I think they detract more than add to the lines of the car.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #118
///AVM
Second Lieutenant
///AVM's Avatar
286
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Have to admit, of all the 'bits & bobs" on the M2C, the only one I'd really lust over would be the CF hood.

If funds weren't an issue (i.e. my wife would KILL me), I'd go with the M2C MP CF hood (NOT the CS's), CF roof, and small CF rear spoiler.

That? Would look outstanding imho.

I agree on the "add-on" look of the front splitter, side wings, etc-- they just disrupt some lines that are beautiful just as they are and personally, I think they detract more than add to the lines of the car.

R.
Fly

I was TRYING to keep my post brief, but I share your perspective on the cf rear spoiler and hood. . . as well as rear-view mirror cover, side vents and rear diffuser. Basically, cf parts and not bolt-ons like front splitter and side winglets.

I honestly do not care if the aforementioned are cf or black plastic, just long as they are consistent in material and appearance throughout.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the cf roof unless on a black car. To my eyes, it stands out as too much contrast to the rest of the exterior paint, e.g., like putting a black rear panel on a silver car.

Anyway, just my preferences. . .

Anyone know why the CS has such a wide tire-to-fender gap???

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #119
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Fly

I was TRYING to keep my post brief, but I share your perspective on the cf rear spoiler and hood. . . as well as rear-view mirror cover, side vents and rear diffuser. Basically, cf parts and not bolt-ons like front splitter and side winglets.

I honestly do not care if the aforementioned are cf or black plastic, just long as they are consistent in material and appearance throughout.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the cf roof unless on a black car. To my eyes, it stands out as too much contrast to the rest of the exterior paint, e.g., like putting a black rear panel on a silver car.

Anyway, just my preferences. . .

Anyone know why the CS has such a wide tire-to-fender gap???

///AVM
Shipping blocks may still be installed.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463892
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #120
///AVM
Second Lieutenant
///AVM's Avatar
286
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Shipping blocks may still be installed.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463892
Dave, you might be correct, but I have noticed the wide tire-to-fender gap on most 'wild' pics presented to date.

///AVM
Attached Images
  

Last edited by ///AVM; 03-26-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #121
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Dave, you might be correct, but I have noticed on most 'wild' pics presented to date.

///AVM
Gotta protect all the pretty carbon
Appreciate 1
///AVM285.50

      03-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #122
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 1
      03-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #123
mattssi
Lieutenant
42
Rep
498
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bend, OR

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Now that one looks awesome!
__________________
2019 X3
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #124
medphysdave
Major
United_States
828
Rep
1,038
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Now that one looks awesome!
Yes, I may be going back to HS. It looks really good. I'm hoping to see some more real world Misano reviews. Everything looks good inside under dealership lighting. However, HS has looked good to me in all light while Misano can be a bit lackluster in some lighting. Still bright, but lacks pop. I'm all mixed up right now.

Last edited by medphysdave; 03-26-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #125
///AVM
Second Lieutenant
///AVM's Avatar
286
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Now that one looks awesome!
Yes, I may be going back to HS. It looks really good. I'm hoping to see some more real world Misano reviews. Everything looks good inside under dealership lighting. However, GS has looked good to me in all light while Misano can be a bit lackluster in some lighting. Still bright, but lacks pop. I'm all mixed up right now.
I hear you Dave

I love LBB on this forum, but really cannot stand it in person.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #126
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
49
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Kaiserslautern

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
I hear you Dave

I love LBB on this forum, but really cannot stand it in person.

///AVM
Exactly. Every time I see one in person here in Germany it looks straight up teal. Yuck.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw, bmw m2, bmw m2 cs, f87, f87 m2, m2 clubsport, m2 cs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST