BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > So... whatcha got?

View Poll Results: What flavor M2C did you get? (Sorry, no individual)
White DCT 16 9.09%
White 6mt 13 7.39%
Black DCT 11 6.25%
Black 6mt 12 6.82%
Silver DCT 27 15.34%
Silver 6mt 41 23.30%
Blue DCT 11 6.25%
Blue 6mt 34 19.32%
Orange DCT 6 3.41%
Orange 6mt 5 2.84%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

01-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #23
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I went to go look at three over the weekend. Saw a white, Sunset Orange, and HS M2C. So far have not seen any on the road.

Seems they are not flying off the lot quite as fast as the N55 M2 at the moment. Unsure if I want to buy what is most economical as my 2017 only depreciates more the longer I wait, 2020 M2C will have increased price, but the longer they are around the more deals and used ones will show up.
I feel the popularity discussed in any car forum especially for the high performance m models is overly exaggerated, since most forums have a high number of enthusiasts which does not actually represent the real world and what cars the majority of masses want or buy.

In a way it's a good thing that I've only seen one other M2 on the road and no M2Cs since it feels a bit more exclusive.

The other odd thing I noticed is that if the 2 series is the most affordable entry point in the US for a BMW coupe, convertible, why do I need see a lot more of them in the US. I have only seen one 2 series and it was a 235i.

I did not buy this car to turn any heads and I'm fine with laying under the radar. The majority of masses probably think the M2 or M2C is just a small suped up 2 series that most do not find that desirable. I basically see a sea of SUVs and Crossovers and I wonder if their mass appeal and super popularity will eventually come to an end.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:32 AM   #24
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I haven't seen another M2C in the wild yet, either. But, earlier this month a gent who I used to work with and is still somewhat involved with our organization visited our location and has a blue '18. It was the first time my car got to spend time in a parking lot with a sibling.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
xcfloyd19.00
      01-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #25
kpham
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i & LBB 6MT M2C

I have not seen one single OG - LCI M2 or M2C in the wild in S.E. Pennsylvania. M cars, in general, are a rare sighting here for some reason. Tons of hillbilly pickup trucks though.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #26
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
M4's you can see quite often around in Zurich. Tons of E46 M3 and also many E92 M3's.

M2... so far i have seen just one in the wild.

M2C... not a single one aside from my own.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
S55bruh
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White

Anyone new lately that would like to vote before poll closes?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #28
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
I haven't seen a single M2C other than my own car in SoCal in the wild. I saw a couple OG M2s but no M2Cs, even at my local stealership...forget color!
This has been my experience as well, but just assumed it was because I live in rural Connecticut.

But you in SoCal, now THAT's weird, lol.

I imagine you're able to see every kind of awesome car there!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 08:35 PM   #29
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
I haven't seen a single M2C other than my own car in SoCal in the wild. I saw a couple OG M2s but no M2Cs, even at my local stealership...forget color!
This has been my experience as well, but just assumed it was because I live in rural Connecticut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:

Even though this is not a limited production car, I have only seen one other M2C, one OG M2, and three 2 series in the last 6 months.

It's a little skewed on the forums. There are not a lot of people buying a 2 series or M2/M2C. Otherwise I would see a lot more in Southern Cal. 2 door coupes are not typically popular and what the masses are buying/leasing. Tons of SUVs and Crossovers in La La land....
Appreciate 0