BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M4/M3 Automatic Seats Conver to Manual Seats

01-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

M4/M3 Automatic Seats Conver to Manual Seats

Dear all,

happy new year to everyone and many happy miles or Kilometres,

i have a question, i am currently in the market for a pair of m4 or m3 comp or no comp leather seats for my m2.

the issue i am having is finding nice ones but all of them are electric and thats not what i want, however finding manual ones with the spec i want is proving near impossible, does anyone have any knowledge if you can convert electrical m3 or m4 seats into manual by any means even using the original m2 seats bottom manual half as a donor to the new seats?

main reasons for this is seat height, in the electric seats i am sat far too high for my liking.

cheers

Kris
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Dear all,

i have a question, i am currently in the market for a pair of m4 or m3 comp or no comp leather seats for my m2.

the issue i am having is finding nice ones but all of them are electric and thats not what i want, however finding manual ones with the spec i want is proving near impossible, does anyone have any knowledge if you can convert electrical m3 or m4 seats into manual by any means even using the original m2 seats bottom manual half as a donor to the new seats?

main reasons for this is seat height, in the electric seats i am sat far too high for my liking.

cheers

Kris
As far as I know M3/M4 seats are always electric...
      01-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #3
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Quote:
Dear all,

cheers

Kris
As far as I know M3/M4 seats are always electric...
You need to focus on your reading comprehension skills. The op asked if it was possible to convert automatic F82 seats to manual using his existing manual sport seat rails/components.
      01-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #4
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
You need to focus on your reading comprehension skills. The op asked if it was possible to convert automatic F82 seats to manual using his existing manual sport seat rails/components.
Well the OP said he is having a hard time finding manual ones, and that's because they don't exist, so he was just addressing that point. As to how to convert, I've no idea.
      01-14-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Well the OP said he is having a hard time finding manual ones, and that's because they don't exist, so he was just addressing that point. As to how to convert, I've no idea.
Here in Australia we have m3/4 ‘Pure’ models that come with manual seats
      01-14-2019, 03:39 AM   #6
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
They do exist this is a fact . But my question was is it possible to convert automatic ones to manual simply because most manuals are cloth spec.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

Quote:
They do exist this is a fact . But my question was is it possible to convert automatic ones to manual simply because most manuals are cloth spec.
OK then if that is the case, you'd probably have to swap seat bases but that won't make the seat back manual, so I don't know what you'd have to do in that case. Maybe swap your leathers onto a manual seat set?