BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition Port Installed Parts / Prices

08-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #45
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

So I added the CF rear diffuser today. I know, I know. It seems like an easy install and I could have done it cheaper myself but I'm driving it right from the dealer to get it tinted and wrapped. So I really wanted the car done (for now and until MPE) when I pick it up at the tint shop.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #46
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Stupid question. Any reason I shouldn't get the CF rear diffuser done at port ahead of the MPE later when it's available?
All port installed accessories are covered by warranty for the full 4 years/50k. Otherwise you only get two years of warranty on accessories you install after delivery. PIA's can also be residualized in a lease, making it much more lucrative. Ticked all the PIA boxes on my F80 lease and was relieved that I didn't have to worry about the cost to purchase the parts at full pop up front, install them, remove them at the end of the lease, then the hassle of selling the parts to recoup whatever I could. I still have parts in my garage from my last two leases that I could never sell or weren't worth the hassle. That's all money burnt essentially at this point. Now I have everything I want on the car from day 1, full warranty on everything, I pay far less than buying the parts outright, and when it's done I just turn it in and get the next one. Not sure the warranty end matters much for cosmetic parts like the carbon trim bits, but they could still fade/crack/peel/etc and you'd be SOL on warranty after two years. Currently my MP electric steering wheel is on the fritz and one of the valves on my MP exhaust is failing. Neither would be covered under warranty now had I installed them after delivery, as they'd only be covered by the two year accessory warranty. Neither one is cheap to replace either.
      08-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #47
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Looking forward to when the new M2C Hood and Trunk Lid are released and ready to order.
Yes, the new hood will drastically alter the look with that powerdome. And of course the weight saving is also great. I'm definitely interested.

The CF roof though, I will probably forgo.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #48
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
This is a good point. If I were leasing then port installed options would be a much more attractive option. The thing is that you have to be ok with the M Cup2 tires that the wheels come with.
For sure.

They are great tires if you are okay with the wear rate, and so long as you are pretty consistent with not driving them under 45 degrees.

A lot of people say they are "meh" in the rain. Personally, I've never had a problem with them in the wet.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #49
Roonan
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Does anyone know if the M-performance seats shown on the Goodwood M-performance concept M2 will be available someday?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #50
RocketmanM2
RocketmanM2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Performance Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
Should be the M4 DTM wing...was interested in that one except WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PARTS. Hoping they come together and just provide it as an install kit.
Yes they do separate everything out when they sell it for some reason. It's the two uprights the two end caps on the wing and all of the mounting hardware inside the trunk.
Appreciate 0