BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition Seen Live in Person (Photos, Exhaust Video and Impressions)

05-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #221
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeggernaut View Post
i saw this on youtube.. sounds so different from the original post's video. ???
If it will sound like this i will be absolutely happy. And this one for sure is using the opf castrated EU muffler...!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #222
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSurge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What makes these seats better? Are they lighter? Do they sit you lower? The leather is still crap and the alcantera is in the wrong spot. I would have to sit in them to know if they are better.
For one thing they look 100% better.
The M2 seats look like the 2 series seats. Nothing special.
50 percent better as the leather still looks as if it was made from mutant mice hides.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #223
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What makes these seats better? Are they lighter? Do they sit you lower? The leather is still crap and the alcantera is in the wrong spot. I would have to sit in them to know if they are better.
For one thing they look 100% better.
The M2 seats look like the 2 series seats. Nothing special.
50 percent better as the leather still looks as if it was made from mutant mice hides.
.. I'm going with 40% because why oh why did they mix materials like that. Looks brutal. Just let us option some rebranded reskinned Recaro sportster cs and call it a day.
      05-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #224
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
.. I'm going with 40% because why oh why did they mix materials like that. Looks brutal. Just let us option some rebranded reskinned Recaro sportster cs and call it a day.
MY20
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #225
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post
I discovered Bimmerpost a few months ago, when I bought my M2 LCI, and I really like this forum! Not only you can get here plenty of useful information about bimmers, but you can also see how emotional (future) owners can be about their beloved cars. And I have to say that it's pretty fun to read some of these threads, especially this new 'M2 vs M2C' battle

What I also like is that, thanks to internet, a lot of the venomous statements found here can be easily compared to facts, for instance:

This x 100!

Thank you for a rational, thoughtful post!
      05-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #226
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Order up!

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4...ts-seats-pair/
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 03:13 AM   #227
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post

At the end, as a M2 LCI owner, if a BMW representative come to me and told me that BMW likes me a lot and wants to replace at not cost my M2 LCI with a similarly equipped M2C, I would definitely say a big YES! The M2C is an amazing car, and objectively better than the M2 LCI. But this latter is already a gem. Any owner of a M2 or M2C should feel lucky and enjoy his car instead of bashing the other M2 version. Or should talk to a psychiatrist
I agree with you those comments are childish, but it is 100 % normal to feel pissed to see the car u bought is updated so fast, so much and at such a ridiculous price. End of the line. No psychiatrist. Nobody predicted an ENGINE SWAP plus other goodies would cost 3000 euros... It is a big investment and huge taxes here in Europe so it is easy to understand. I think those people have to express their frustration somehow...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 05:38 AM   #228
Al1969
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

"At the end, as a M2 LCI owner, if a BMW representative come to me and told me that BMW likes me a lot and wants to replace at not cost my M2 LCI with a similarly equipped M2C, I would definitely say a big YES! "

Good post!
Only I rather would have BMW to pay me to replace my N55 M2 LCI for the M2C ...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #229
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Loving the hate from the civic M2 owners, I always got the impression owners of the M2 had chips on their shoulders due to the lack of "M"ness in their cars we can safely say it's out in the open now!
      05-13-2018, 07:54 AM   #230
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
I was at a BMW Canada XDrive event yesterday and they had the only M2 Competition in Canada on display. My basic impressions are that it looks great including the silver/white color. The two main negatives for me that will prevent me from buying this are the sound and the seats. I've attached a clip but I can tell you that in person it's what I feared; sounds like shit. In fairness it was cold and not under load and no MPE. Maybe with MPE it will transform it but I doubt it.

As for seats just like in the F80/2 the left thigh bolster digs into the bottom of my thigh. Why? Because my left leg sits on top of that very rigid bolster in order to rest on the dead pedal and also to operate clutch. Pretty seats but not for me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and declare the 2016-17 cars the most desirable. I didn't love the LCI model but still better than this Comp. I'm holding onto my 2017 with glorious N55 for as long as I can.

Thanks for posting. Good pics on the HS and a rare sound clip, albeit the car was cold.

I got to call BS on a couple of statements you made though. I think the two main reasons you won't be buying the Comp are not the sound and the seats, (FYI, you can order it with the same seats you have, so that would make it one reason) but the fact that you just bought a LCI. Not to judge, or speculate how often you buy a new car, it's none of my buiz, but typically one isn't in the market for replacement so soon. So the reality is that you, and many other M2 owners are comforting yourself with statements like:I'm going out on a limb declaring the 2016-17 M2's as the most desirable.
Come on! It is a bit early to declare a winner. Let's wait and see until a few reviews come in. If respected critics say the Comp is an improvement, and love the car, then that will determine it. Until then it is ridiculous speculation, when the odds favor the Comp, unless BMW has completely lost its MoJo. I'm saying this because the M3/4 Comp got much better reviews and was a big improvement over the initial model. Meaning BMW still knows how to improve on its models.

If the Comp gets a couple of positive reviews, all the other nitpicking about seats, sound, kidney and colors will be forgotten. Besides:

• If you want it to sound different get an aftermarket muffler.
  • If you don't like the sports seats, order it with the standard seats and/or install Recaro's.
  • If you don't like HS or SO, then get a white, blue or black one.
  • If you don't like the grill, get over it. Personally I think the current M2 grill looks outdated already, but maybe that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #231
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

OMG the pain of having to read seemingly endless "OG M2 drivers suck!" vs "M2C is crap!" just to get a few new kernels of information. Aren't you people bored of this yet?

This (sub)forum really needs a mute button...
Appreciate 3
///M Houbi1653.00
Cavpilot2k1023.00
silverado287.50
      05-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #232
MSurge
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp/2015 AMG C63 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
No headlight cleaners, uncomfortable seats, Kia Grille, Bad exhaust note? So what my "old" M2 has 40 less HP, big whoop.
Love the bashing from those with the "old" M2!

FASTER THAN AN M4, THAT'S THE 'BIG WHOOP' - which a suspension that Chris Harris called the 'holy grail'. (due to the direct connection in the rear).
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #233
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Now the M2 sounds like a nuclear weed whacker. Great.
Fixed.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #234
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
Let me see. I go to work in the morning dragging my feet. As my wife hands me my morning coffee I perk up a bit but as soon as I get in my M2 and here it roar and burble, now I’m ready for work.

Now let’s imagine I’m getting in an M2C instead. Oh wait I have to wait for it to warm up.... oh it sounds better now. Ok I’m ready for work, oh crap, I’m late. lol.
Let me see. I wake up in the morning dragging my feet. As I hand my wife what she likes best in the morning, she roars and burbles, now I’m ready for work.

I go outside, the alluring Yas Marina blue sparkling in the sunshine, an open invitation for more mischief. I pull out the key to the X3 and queue up in the traffic line for DC.

Enough already please. Yes the M2 got majorly updated, big deal, if you want one then trade in your old M2, if not just go enjoy your car and stop with the rationalization.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #235
maddoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36-E82-F87-7P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
S55 needs a single path exhaust like the N55 M5, gives it a much deeper note...but with the raspy snaps on overrevs.

Love the way the S55 sounds with the right exhaust setup.
Definitely sounds a hell of a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #236
MSurge
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp/2015 AMG C63 507

Quote:
Lol. Ok, point well taken!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #237
Io
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirschwarz View Post
I agree with you those comments are childish, but it is 100 % normal to feel pissed to see the car u bought is updated so fast, so much and at such a ridiculous price. End of the line. No psychiatrist. Nobody predicted an ENGINE SWAP plus other goodies would cost 3000 euros... It is a big investment and huge taxes here in Europe so it is easy to understand. I think those people have to express their frustration somehow...
I learned the replacement of the M2 by a new M2C model coming with the S55 literally a few days after having paid my LCI. Still, I was not pissed, because I bought my car in a BMW garage in Germany, with a 2000kms mileage, and a nice 18% discount, and I knew that to get the M2C, I would have had to wait at least one more year, and that I would have paid it much more, for the same equipment and for slightly better performances. That being said, I can definitely understand the frustration of some LCI owners that bought their cars full prices just before learning the arrival of a better version. I sympathize with them.

Still, you tell me basically that bashing the new model ("it sounds like shit, its front face is ugly, its seats stripes are terrible, its seats can't be comfortable, its exhaust muffler looks like a big hemorrhoid, it is way too heavy", etc.) is the normal way for these guys to express their frustrations. Damned, I hope you're wrong. Else, it tells a lot about us, poor human beings...

Of course, the guys on the "other side", who present the M2C as the Messy - faster than the M4 I just read in a funny post - and the M2 as a piece of garbage that is barely worth its weight of metal and plastic, are no better.

To go back a bit on topic: thanks to the OP for the pictures, the car looks great
Appreciate 5
///M Houbi1653.00
MSurge83.50
M-Pilot4859.00
      05-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #238
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Video of exhaust!
Re 'engine under load' situation: reposting this BMW promo:
      05-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #239
thesaintjameshotel
United_States
Rep
Drives: f87 m2

Quote:
Quote:
No headlight cleaners, uncomfortable seats, Kia Grille, Bad exhaust note? So what my "old" M2 has 40 less HP, big whoop.

FASTER THAN AN M4, THAT'S THE 'BIG WHOOP' - which a suspension that Chris Harris called the 'holy grail'. (due to the direct connection in the rear).
Dude how come you don't own an m2?

Just curious as to why you're new, and every comment from you is stirring shit?
It's weird man.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #240
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaintjameshotel View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Dude how come you don't own an m2?

Just curious as to why you're new, and every comment from you is stirring shit?
It's weird man.
How is it faster than an M4?
And since when has Chris Harris driven the M2C?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 06:06 PM   #241
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Loving the hate from the civic M2 owners, I always got the impression owners of the M2 had chips on their shoulders due to the lack of "M"ness in their cars we can safely say it's out in the open now!
Civic M2 - that's the lamest crap I have ever heard. Get a grip man. It's a car. Are you bullying a car by calling it names? :
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #242
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
MSurge, though we might appreciate your enthusiasm, please start minding your words in posting comments.

Spicy usually gets a pass. Abrasive is borderline (pass / no pass, depending on the context). But questionable provocation, insulting and the like will be taken down.