BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Did you skip the Xpel or Suntek PPF

12-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #89
Micke_B
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Skipped it as well. My thinking was:

"Will it make the car go faster?"

-No!

So I skipped it.

And I will only have the car for a year or so any way. I did however do a ceramic coating. This since I like to clean my cars, and I like it to be easy. And it's not as pricy as the PPF.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 02:01 AM   #90
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Guys, I'm sold on the PPF.

Today I got a very very tiny chip on my windshield. Funny thing was that a rock came flying and hit my windshield in a 35 mph zone. I drove 50 miles on the freeway and another rock hit the plastic grill on the bumper (got really really lucky there...see picture with a tiny Knick). The paint on bumper was saved. All this stuff happened in within 30 miles of driving in speed limit and keeping a good amount of distance between the cars in front. All this is not noticeable unless you go looking for it. The Knick looks big in the picture but in person it's small.

Anyway I am going for the PPF stuff on the complete front, just for myself and to keep the car looking good and have peace of mind without worrying about the next rock chip...simply, that makes all of us happy and that is enough to justify the cost IMO!

I also found a dark blue spec on my hood, barely noticeable. On the pic it looks like a red dot because of the camera flash but I can assure you it's dark blue. It's a paint imperfection.
Attached Images

2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #91
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjams View Post
Skipped it, or rather haven't done it yet, for my LCI M2. But for the price of the full front I could get some coilovers or MPE so, meh. I did just recently find a rock chip on my front fender, however, and that got me considering it again.
A full front shouldn't cost $3,000.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #92
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Did any skip doing PPF (Paint Protection Film) on their M2?
Yes.
Appreciate 0