BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What's a good upgrade to a BMW M2?

03-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #89
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Buy a Tesla. They are very quiet, and won't trouble your left leg in the heaviest of traffic.

And, they have a Launch Mode that's officially referred to as Ludicrous.

What's not to like???
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #90
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Buy a Tesla. They are very quiet, and won't trouble your left leg in the heaviest of traffic.

And, they have a Launch Mode that's officially referred to as Ludicrous.

What's not to like???
Have you been following the thread? Read the previous page.
tranck500.50
      03-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #91
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMultiplaAkrapovic View Post
Fuck it, went for a white M2C.

Think this time around will only get BMS Exhaust Tips and avoid aftermarket exhaust.

Drone is actually a huge deal breaker in my opinion. Completely kills the ride quality when you're just daily driving.

Not too sure I'll do many mods on it either. What I've learned from my 1st gen M2 is that all that extra aftermarket shit looses almost all of it's value when re-selling the car.

Also without any thought went for the automatic transmission. Manual is purist and great when done right but the Manual in the 1st gen M2 is actually really subpar. Rubbery, long throws and rev-match. Really far away from what a purist manual enthusiast desires.
All quite curable. Good SSK, Ultimate Clutch Pedal and code out the rev-match if you don't want to turn off the nannies.

Voila. Much different shifting experience.

Last edited by BruceM; 03-06-2019 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #92
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
All quite curable. Good SSK, Ultimate Clutch Pedal and code out the rev-match if you don't want to turn off the nannies.

Voila. Much different shifting experience.

These are all solid solutions that crossed my mind but I never found a mechanic I trusted enough to do all of them properly

But regardless, Manual and Heavy Traffic don't go well together. If my OG M2 wasn't my DD it wouldn't have bothered me.

At the end of the day, I wanted to turn my M2 into what the M2C is now before the latter was released. If you factor in cost of all the cosmetic upgrades and the risk you incur with warranty loss with engine mods/tunes, it made much more sense to just go for the M2C straight away.

On a side note, did coding rev-match out actually end up working? I remember reading that it involved inverting something with the pedal settings which in turn would change the start up sequence or something of the sort, essentially not a real solution but more of a glitched fix
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #93
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
I test drove a Jag F-Type R, and loved it!

You'd probably need to get one that's a couple of years old, if you want to stay in the same price bracket, but they are amazing cars, look fantastic, and drive amazingly well! They also have a much nicer interior then the M2, but they're thousands of dollars more!
Ha, thats funny, Im looking at getting Rid of my F-Type for an M2, not an R tho, and AWD V6s convertible, love it, but its having a lot of issues, its a CPO so under warranty but I hate being without a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #94
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMultiplaAkrapovic View Post
Fuck it, went for a white M2C.

Think this time around will only get BMS Exhaust Tips and avoid aftermarket exhaust.

Drone is actually a huge deal breaker in my opinion. Completely kills the ride quality when you're just daily driving.

Not too sure I'll do many mods on it either. What I've learned from my 1st gen M2 is that all that extra aftermarket shit looses almost all of it's value when re-selling the car.

Also without any thought went for the automatic transmission. Manual is purist and great when done right but the Manual in the 1st gen M2 is actually really subpar. Rubbery, long throws and rev-match. Really far away from what a purist manual enthusiast desires.
That's why you buy aftermarket parts used at a discount, use them and sell for little to no loss when you sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #95
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
That's why you buy aftermarket parts used at a discount, use them and sell for little to no loss when you sell the car.
Sometimes you learn the hard way!

OEM aftermarket is the worst offender. If you aren’t bothered by direct fitment, Chinese clones are actually almost on par with original quality
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #96
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipberk View Post
Ha, thats funny, Im looking at getting Rid of my F-Type for an M2, not an R tho, and AWD V6s convertible, love it, but its having a lot of issues, its a CPO so under warranty but I hate being without a car.
Love the F-Type. Considered it myself, but all the Jag reliability reports dissuaded me (that and the nearest dealer is 200+ miles from me).

Funny, I was constantly hearing how horrible BMW reliability is but it seems the brand may be turning things around based on newer reports. Good news!