BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Rattles?

02-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #265
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RAW View Post
Rattles on passenger backseats when going into ugly roads or bumps. Anyone have the same problem?
Try felt around the plastic on the child restraint clips. Allegedly.
Appreciate 1
M2RAW121.00
      02-27-2022, 09:33 PM   #266
M2RAW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 BASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanÂ’s Brother View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RAW View Post
Rattles on passenger backseats when going into ugly roads or bumps. Anyone have the same problem?
Try felt around the plastic on the child restraint clips. Allegedly.
Yo thanks g, just fixed it lmao
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 07:42 AM   #267
DaveF82k
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Hey, just wondering if anybody has any rattles so far on their M2. I have been hearing a tiny "click" sound on the front passenger side (door perhaps?) every time the the front wheel on that side goes over a small bump. Its not always the case though as I only hear it from time to time. I have removed everything on the car. Noise is still there. Aside from that, the car is rock solid and amazing to drive!
Quote:
Hey, just wondering if anybody has any rattles so far on their M2. I have been hearing a tiny "click" sound on the front passenger side (door perhaps?) every time the the front wheel on that side goes over a small bump. Its not always the case though as I only hear it from time to time. I have removed everything on the car. Noise is still there. Aside from that, the car is rock solid and amazing to drive!
Just minor rattles
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #268
DaveF82k
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Form the driver seat back
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2022, 02:16 AM   #269
sfjm2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
Was the dealer able to find it - and if yes, what was it?
Yes, they found the buzzing sound from the speakers behind the idrive screen. and also the little cubby just on the right side for you to put cards and stuff. mine is RHD.

they insulated those areas and the sound is gone!
      03-20-2022, 03:16 AM   #270
Rub1con76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 M2

Got my M2c for 2 weeks now '19 with 24k km on it and my center console cracks alot when i adjust my driver seat for my short legs.

When i set it more to the back its almost completely gone.
      03-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #271
theboyellis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

A couple of rattle experiences for me - one fixed, one not (2018 M2, 6K miles).

The fixed rattle was actually the passenger seat extender thing at the front of the seat. It was slightly loose - dealer replaced the unit and rattle was gone. I hope that helps others!

The rattle I'm still really struggling with is coming (I think) from the passenger side door card/window/a-pillar (not sure which). It's been back to the dealer three times, they're removed and checked both the door card and the a-pillar but to no avail.

I've done some testing and I think it relates to the window, but I'm not 100% sure. It's incredibly frustrating. It might even be outdoor temp related, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to see if it goes.

It's one of those annoying plasticky type rattles that's triggered on specific rough roads. Dealer has given up, I keep trying to ignore it, but I would love to fix it. Rest of car is pretty silent (relatively - given the suspension).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 05:58 PM   #272
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboyellis View Post
A couple of rattle experiences for me - one fixed, one not (2018 M2, 6K miles).

The fixed rattle was actually the passenger seat extender thing at the front of the seat. It was slightly loose - dealer replaced the unit and rattle was gone. I hope that helps others!

The rattle I'm still really struggling with is coming (I think) from the passenger side door card/window/a-pillar (not sure which). It's been back to the dealer three times, they're removed and checked both the door card and the a-pillar but to no avail.

I've done some testing and I think it relates to the window, but I'm not 100% sure. It's incredibly frustrating. It might even be outdoor temp related, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to see if it goes.

It's one of those annoying plasticky type rattles that's triggered on specific rough roads. Dealer has given up, I keep trying to ignore it, but I would love to fix it. Rest of car is pretty silent (relatively - given the suspension).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Welcome to the show. Temps definitely play a part. One will go, another will come. Sun sets. Sun rises.

Also have the pass seat extender rattle. Helps keeping it shut, but it comes and goes as do the others. If you’re getting frustrated with yours, go read about the same bs on Rennlist and it’ll make ya feel better. Works for me anyways.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 08:15 PM   #273
miguelbesy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

hello everyone, I have this rattle on the drivers side, sounds is coming maybe from the lower part, video: https://youtube.com/shorts/YZVw0wBRK4s?feature=share

any fixes for this, or can it be that is causing this rattle? thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 11:40 PM   #274
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Sounds almost like plastic panels w/o the felt? Possibly a wire that's jiggling around?
2018 BMW M2 LCI BM3 Stage 2 + MPE + FTP charge pipe + MST V2 Inlet + TurboSmart DV + CSF FMIC + AA Hi-flow Downpipe + Turner Rear Shifter Bushing + Wiechers Strut Brace + Bilstein B16 PSS10 + Apex VS-5RS
Appreciate 0