BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Increasing Power - Twin Turbos M2 C

06-26-2020, 05:32 AM   #1
JayHT
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Increasing Power - Twin Turbos M2 C

Unfortunately I have little to no knowledge of car mechanics. However, I wonder what is involved in increasing the output of my twin turbos or is necessary or advisable to purchase larger turbos?

Thanks for the knowledge.
JayHT
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #2
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

You can easily tune the car to increase its output. Remember, the S55 was originally found in the M3/4 competition models. In those guises, it can produce 444 hp. Therefore, the internals are built to withstand more hp than what you get in the M2C.

However, if you would like significantly more hp, then larger turbos are advisable, but you would also will see more turbo lag. However, if you want to go that route, don't overlook upgrading the internals so that it can handle the increase in power.

Upgrading internals are often overlooked, but it is vastly important in not blowing up your engine. An amateur focuses on a turbo upgrade, while a professional upgrades all downstream parts to ensure everything runs in unison.
      06-26-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Suggest looking into a tune. These cars easily put 500 hp to the wheels. Much more than that with just bolt-ons.

Recommend addressing the crank hub issue prior to increasing power.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #4
khoa@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F83

Depends on what your goal is in term of power for your M2 C. It is already a fast car being stock. But luckily there are many ways to add more power before you even have to upgrade the turbos. We offer many products for your model . Please take a look at our shop site for all the goodies and feel free to ask me any question.
Attached Images

Last edited by khoa@x-ph.com; 06-26-2020 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0