BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > A day talking M2, M2C and M2 CS...

06-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #45
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

And contrary to what we thought, the protection film is still there.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 02:39 PM   #46
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I don't have access to the Motorsport price list. Check with your dealer if they have it for you.

According to BMW, only after 4K rpm when the extra 40 hp kicks in.

The gold wheels are fine and with the blue body work they aren't too bad, but you have to opt the ceramics and not have the red calipers. That is ultimate clown spec. I told them; "Who in the marketing department came up with that idea?" They laughed and said "uhhh". Interesting not one car on site had the red calipers and only one had gold wheels.

Also I think black with gold wheels would have been stunning as a combo people would have loved. Also a red body color with red calipers and gold wheels would have been great. For a white car I would choose black wheels and gold calipers as the best option. The HS car is nice, but also there black wheels and gold calipers, but here I would paint the calipers black for a better look.

For me there is not one hero spec. I personally hate black Bimmers, although with the new M3 and M4 it is the only color you are allowed to choose to deal with that grille. White is cool, but I had it before. HS is the M2C color, and Misano Blue belongs in front of an elderly house where grand parents park their X1 or X2. The CS lacks a true M color that is unique to the car, and I think that is a bit of a disgrace. It should have had a red (even though there were against it) or an Orange, like Valencia Orange or Orange Inka 22 which my car will be painted in.

I would like to see M heritage in the products and the CS in blue is just a bit meh. I once had the new M135i xDrive for a week and parked it in a parking lot in the center of Prague. In less than 25 steps from the car there were two X1's and a X2 in the same Misano Blue. If that M135i was my own blue M2 CS, my BMW heart would have jumped a few beats.

MR
A bit disappointing on the power compared to the M2 Competition. Too bad the CS does not have more torque.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #47
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Interesting BMW came out and said that they will produce as many as they can (within their timeframe) and that it may be more than the 2,200 units originally planned. Usually car brands are more hush hush if they were to produce more and keen on publicly emphasizing their limited nature first and foremost.
      06-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #48
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Even the back seats?
Front seats and arm rests in the door for sure... Rear seats, I did not ask, but I got a yeah when I said the whole car has Merino leather? But double check that when you get your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
A bit disappointing on the power compared to the M2 Competition. Too bad the CS does not have more torque.
Normal across the lineup of M cars these days.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #49
ChrisWalks
Rep
Drives: M2C

What did they say about the rear tail light issue? My car is currently at the dealer waiting for a new light assembly until Tuesday

Did they have a solution that fixes it permanently?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #50
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWalks View Post
What did they say about the rear tail light issue? My car is currently at the dealer waiting for a new light assembly until Tuesday

Car is EOL in October... There are no new fixes. If it is broken, go to your dealer and they will repair it under warranty. Or if you feel like take the light out and check the connector.

According to someone here or on Facebook, the connector is the issue and he fixed it himself. It gets moisture in it and then throws an error, and for me it always happens after a few days in the garage, so I can relate to that explanation.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #51
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:

The original LCI LED taillights was released in 2017 and then revised again for the 2020 MY, to the Shadow Line edition, yet the aforementioned rear tail light issue still persisted.

I believe the problem is not the actual taillight itself but a lack of ground polarity.

If I had to make a guess, they didn't do anything to change this or else there would a SIB available, specifically for the LCI taillights.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #52
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

According to someone here or on Facebook, the connector is the issue and he fixed it himself. It gets moisture in it and then throws an error, and for me it always happens after a few days in the garage, so I can relate to that explanation.

MR

Sorry to veer off topic but I just wanted to point out that moisture is not the cause of this issue; the wired connects are water-sealed and so is the harness, once it's plugged in.

You can literally power-wash the entire light housing and I guarantee liquid is not seeping through the harness connector. Believe me, I've checked.

There was a grounding issue with the pre-LCI taillights and it seems to have traveled over to the LCI also.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ess/1VnZ8zZX2B
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cncmastr1568.50
      06-21-2020, 04:25 PM   #53
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Interesting BMW came out and said that they will produce as many as they can (within their timeframe) and that it may be more than the 2,200 units originally planned. Usually car brands are more hush hush if they were to produce more and keen on publicly emphasizing their limited nature first and foremost.
Lol... they will make as many as they can make money on.
      06-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #54
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Sorry to veer off topic but I just wanted to point out that moisture is not the cause of this issue; the wired connects are water-sealed and so is the harness, once it's plugged in.

You can literally power-wash the entire light housing and I guarantee liquid is not seeping through the harness connector. Believe me, I've checked.

There was a grounding issue with the pre-LCI taillights and it seems to have traveled over to the LCI also.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ess/1VnZ8zZX2B
I believe you immediately I don't know exactly what the issue is. I know where the bell hangs, no clue how to ring it

MR
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      06-21-2020, 06:37 PM   #55
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

@MR. Did the interior give you a sense of feeling more premium or special when compared to the C? "Lively" might be a better descriptor for what I'm asking.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #56
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/06/21/b...nical-details/ @MR. Looks like your article. Mods can feel free to delete my thread with the link and add to Mr.'s initial post. Id feel sleezy if my new thread got scooped for the main page and MR didn't get credit for it.

Last edited by medphysdave; 06-21-2020 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
F87EVO4004.00
      06-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #57
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
OMG, it might not be a "limited edition" after all - gives me hope and enough time to rob a bank..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1207.50
      06-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #58
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

For every dream of an extra CS allocation that may come true, a heart will be broken by the C allocation taken away.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #59
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
For every dream of an extra CS allocation that may come true, a heart will be broken by the C allocation taken away.
I'm curious how it'll work out in the end and where the cars end up getting distributed. The production year got shorted with COVID, and it's not like it's suddenly going to be 3500+ cars. Be interesting to see if the 400 ish US cars becomes much more than 500 or not. I'd be pretty shocked if it crossed the 600 mark, which is still very limited for a run. (A fraction of the 6309 1M's, and 983 US/CA deliveries)
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #60
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I'm curious how it'll work out in the end and where the cars end up getting distributed. The production year got shorted with COVID, and it's not like it's suddenly going to be 3500+ cars. Be interesting to see if the 400 ish US cars becomes much more than 500 or not. I'd be pretty shocked if it crossed the 600 mark, which is still very limited for a run. (A fraction of the 6309 1M's, and 983 US/CA deliveries)
I believe sales are low and this is a marketing ploy to bolster renewed interest from those that may have lost interest due to not believing they could get a build slot. I also believe that this site reasonably demonstrates the market prefers the M2C. With 2021 M2C production continuing in the US there will likely be far more clammoring for those limited build slots than the CS. Hopefully keeping the CS limited, but I think BMW is building at least 450 units for the US regardless.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4004.00
      06-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #61
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

They are never limited

Like the 1M , we were initially allocated batch of just over 100, then another 130+. In the end, more than 300.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 09:59 PM   #62
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
I believe sales are low and this is a marketing ploy to bolster renewed interest from those that may have lost interest due to not believing they could get a build slot. I also believe that this site reasonably demonstrates the market prefers the M2C. With 2021 M2C production continuing in the US there will likely be far more clammoring for those limited build slots than the CS. Hopefully keeping the CS limited, but I think BMW is building at least 450 units for the US regardless.
I would think they're just being honest.

The Euro spec M2C's discontinuation frees up more capacity than originally planned for the M2 CS. Just as said, it mostly will come down to demand.

Also, the timing is critical. Sept of 2020 will be the launch of G80/82, a direct competitor to F87CS price wise. They must allocate as many as dealer accept ASAP. After that, all the marketing will go to the new M3 and M4. Leipzig will gradually pull off production line till its sop in early 2021.

From the look of it right now, it's very challenging for the F87CS to succeed as a commercial project.
      06-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #63
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
8. The new wheel arch stripes we all have seen are there because of homologation guidelines. New rules have been set across the world and they are installed because else the cars are illegal in many countries. The arches cover all the new guidelines across all the countries.

11. Surprisingly, the stone-between-barrel-and-caliper issue wasn't really a thing they had a solution for.
Thank you for the information! In terms of the wheel arch extension, is the mandate that the entire tire fit under the wheel arch because of noise concerns? Seems bizarre that that the tiny extension will make a meaningful difference.

In terms of rocks getting stuck between the calipers and the the barrel, I'm actually surprised that is still an issue. When I had my F80 M3C, this happened six times over three years. After over a year with the M2C, not once (I have not moved). Maybe I've just been lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
We can say that there is a consensus that an M2C is worth its money.
Strictly as a DD, I can't imagine spending the extra money for the CS. Track use + BMW fanatic + no financial concerns = of course!

Edit, apparently, the wheel arch extensions are about noise...https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/06/21/b...nical-details/
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)

Last edited by KevinM; 06-21-2020 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #64
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Thank you for the information! In terms of the wheel arch extension, is the mandate that the entire tire fit under the wheel arch because of noise concerns? Seems bizarre that that the tiny extension will make a meaningful difference.

In terms of rocks getting stuck between the calipers and the the barrel, I'm actually surprised that is still an issue. When I had my F80 M3C, this happened six times over three years. After over a year with the M2C, not once (I have not moved). Maybe I've just been lucky...

Strictly as a DD, I can't imagine spending the extra money for the CS. Track use + BMW fanatic + no financial concerns = of course!

Edit, apparently, the wheel arch extensions are about noise...https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/06/21/b...nical-details/
Hopefully we get more details about removal of the wheel arch in the coming months.

I will definitely be removing mine regardless of the cost, as I just think it looks out of place on the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #65
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Apparently torque curve is improved. It's 2 seconds quicker 100-200 and around half a second quicker over the quarter. That's pretty substantial.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 02:09 AM   #66
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Apparently torque curve is improved. It's 2 seconds quicker 100-200 and around half a second quicker over the quarter. That's pretty substantial.

That is a lot. Where do you have this info from?
Appreciate 0