BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Couple iDrive questions

07-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
othniel
Rep
Drives: 17 F87 EB 6MT / 18 F30 EB 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Couple iDrive questions

I have two questions about iDrive that I cannot find an answer for so I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

1. For some reason my iDrive wheel is reversed/inverted. Turning the iDrive dial to the right (clockwise) should zoom the map in but it does the opposite and zooms out. How can I fix this?

2. If I leave iDrive alone on the main menu, it will change to some old school analog clock that I don't like. Is this normal? Is there a way to use Bimmercode to change this?

I'm the second owner of my '17 F87 so I don't know if the car was this way from the factory or if the previous owner did something to make it this way. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by othniel; 07-06-2020 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity in my questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by othniel View Post
I have two questions about iDrive that I cannot find an answer for so I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

1. For some reason my iDrive wheel is reversed/inverted. Turning the iDrive dial to the right (clockwise) should zoom the map in but it does the opposite and zooms out. How can I fix this?
I do not think you can fix this, mine does this too iirc.
Quote:
2. If I leave iDrive alone on the main menu, it will change to some old school analog clock that I don't like. Is this normal? Is there a way to use Bimmercode to change this?
It's normal, to remove this turn off your screen saver in idrive settings. No need for bimmer code.
Quote:
I'm the second owner of my '17 F87 so I don't know if the car was this way from the factory or if the previous owner did something to make it this way. Any help would be appreciated!
Congrats on your purchase enjoy the car!
      07-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
othniel
Rep
Drives: 17 F87 EB 6MT / 18 F30 EB 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I do not think you can fix this, mine does this too iirc.

It's normal, to remove this turn off your screen saver in idrive settings. No need for bimmer code.

Congrats on your purchase enjoy the car!
Thanks for your help! Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 05:44 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Thanks for your help! Cheers!
No problem.