BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Where to drive near Chicago?

02-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Munihausen
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2; 2018 X5 35i

Where to drive near Chicago?

Last July I picked up a 2017 white M2 with a DCT, executive package, from Motorwerks. Awesome car, my intro to the Ms, and was the best deal in the country for the model. Now that I have it...

...Just where the f*** am I supposed to really drive this thing? Roads are horrendous everywhere, and 355 seems to be the only stretch without a train of gravel trucks. Having to swerve to avoid large rocks, lumber, and various dystopian vehicular artifacts on 55 really demonstrates the carÂ’s capabilities, but...

I booked some time at Blackhawk Raceway for April, which will be my first track experience. As I am sure everyone else knows, the DCT isnÂ’t super smooth when putting around town and IÂ’d like to find some hilly, winding roads that wonÂ’t crack my rims (had a valet, at the Grand Geneva Resort, do that already). There must be some, no? Any recommendations as to where to go for a drive are most welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

I hear ya dude. I envy the roads out west.

I have heard there are some decent stretches near Galena.

It is not exactly close but also not too far away.

Evidently has a bit of elevation due to glaciers sliding through.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
DriftlessBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2C

Galena area is decent, but north across into Wisconsin has tons of excellent driving roads, especially the further you get into the Driftless area in Wisconsin. I should probably get a Wisconsin driving road thread going...
Appreciate 0