BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OFFICIAL: M2C Exhaust Options MegaThread

03-19-2019, 03:30 AM   #67
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Miltek (OPF)

Appreciate 2
VIERsr2620.50
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-19-2019, 08:04 AM   #68
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMultiplaAkrapovic View Post
Miltek (OPF)

Hahahah those flames!

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #69
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Update with the new Millitek system.
Sounds very good!

03-21-2019, 11:29 PM   #70
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Update with the new Millitek system.
Sounds very good!

Sounds good but I wonder how it sounds without the downpipe!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #71
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Guys, there is a new option under development, I am a Fi-exhaust dealer for some European region and since I got the car I spoke to them for exhaust. they are developing the new one. I used to sell Capristo but since I had problems I switched to this brand and I got an amazing result. since I believe, I'll be one of the first one to get the exhaust I'll post a video soon!
Appreciate 2
KevM2720.00
      03-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #72
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
Guys, there is a new option under development, I am a Fi-exhaust dealer for some European region and since I got the car I spoke to them for exhaust. they are developing the new one. I used to sell Capristo but since I had problems I switched to this brand and I got an amazing result. since I believe, I'll be one of the first one to get the exhaust I'll post a video soon!
Great can't wait! will this be only for European cars with the OPF or also North American?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #73
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Great can't wait! will this be only for European cars with the OPF or also North American?
It will be good for everyone. they are testing because they will offer a system drone free. nobody likes drone
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #74
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Sounds good but I wonder how it sounds without the downpipe!
Probably way quieter
Appreciate 1
Dav3946.50
      03-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #75
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Well, I am no longer purchasing the Lightweight exhaust and have got my deposit back so I am most likely going to go with a Milltek exhaust.
      03-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #76
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
We compared my Akrapovic exhaust with two other systems today.

I know mine has catless downpipes and a linkpipe, but it was good to hear the Lightweight slip-on and the Remus slip-on race. Both cars did not have catless downpipes or linkpipes.

Loved the sound track of the Remus race system. However, I do not feel those tailpipes. They are a touch too big and touch between two at each side. I loved the fitment of the Remus system. It fits so nice under the car.

The Lightweight system was extremely silent in valve closed efficient mode, so silent it felt like it was less loud than stock. In Sport+ I am not blown away by it, not in comparison to the wonderful Remus sound track. Fitment was OK, but the exhaust should have been fitted a little touch higher.

Also heard a Remus system for a OG M2 a few minutes later and I really liked the system on the M2C in comparison. The high pitch snap on the overrun of the M2C Remus exhaust is lovely. I would love to hear it combined with a AA midpipe which I still have not heard.

Video follows soon!

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
KevM2720.00
M2GT120.00
      03-23-2019, 05:16 AM   #77
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
We compared my Akrapovic exhaust with two other systems today.

I know mine has catless downpipes and a linkpipe, but it was good to hear the Lightweight slip-on and the Remus slip-on race. Both cars did not have catless downpipes or linkpipes.

Loved the sound track of the Remus race system. However, I do not feel those tailpipes. They are a touch too big and touch between two at each side. I loved the fitment of the Remus system. It fits so nice under the car.

The Lightweight system was extremely silent in valve closed efficient mode, so silent it felt like it was less loud than stock. In Sport+ I am not blown away by it, not in comparison to the wonderful Remus sound track. Fitment was OK, but the exhaust should have been fitted a little touch higher.

Also heard a Remus system for a OG M2 a few minutes later and I really liked the system on the M2C in comparison. The high pitch snap on the overrun of the M2C Remus exhaust is lovely. I would love to hear it combined with a AA midpipe which I still have not heard.

Video follows soon!

MR
All really good information

Any words on the level of drone with each exhaust?

As much as I like a good sounding exhaust, my current priority is to avoid as much drone as possible

MPE on OG M2 was unbearable on the highway
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #78
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

As much as I like a good sounding exhaust, my current priority is to avoid as much drone as possible

There is no drone with any exhaust I believe, if you keep the valves closed. I have not heard anyone with an aftermarket exhaust complain about it. Most people don't have the switch so they will never experience it, because the stock valve behavior closes the valve at third gear and therefore you never really notice it without going fully WOT on your throttle press.

And when you go fully WOT you don't really notice or care either, because the increased noise from the exhaust is something you would expect when you go WOT. This is next to the fact that the revs increase rapidly and you really don't notice any drone. Drone only happens at a static rev range and you will start to find it annoying after like a minute.

Only suggestion I would want to give you is the following! Take an exhaust that has the valve in the outer bypass pipes. If you do this then the exhaust is quiet in efficient and on the highway because the valves are closed when cruising. If you opt for another type of exhaust that has the valves for instance really close to the (inner) tailpipes then you end up with a much louder exhaust even when the valves are closed. Example: Don't choose Eisenmann, but Lightweight, Remus or Akrapovic. Have a look how their systems are made and you will notice the other pipes having the valves, and with valves closed they are really quiet and comfortable, open them up and you have the noise.

MPE for the OG M2 is rubbish in my opinion. Cheap made rubbish that allows you to keep your warranty, but that is just me. I never loved that thing. It rattles, drones and vibrates. Add that to the horrible remote and the idiotic button in the trunk and it says enough. There are so many great options in the market at a similar price tag and I would always suggest people to get Remus over a MPE.

MR
Appreciate 2
Dav3946.50
M2GT120.00
      03-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #79
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

There is no drone with any exhaust I believe, if you keep the valves closed. I have not heard anyone with an aftermarket exhaust complain about it. Most people don't have the switch so they will never experience it, because the stock valve behavior closes the valve at third gear and therefore you never really notice it without going fully WOT on your throttle press.

And when you go fully WOT you don't really notice or care either, because the increased noise from the exhaust is something you would expect when you go WOT. This is next to the fact that the revs increase rapidly and you really don't notice any drone. Drone only happens at a static rev range and you will start to find it annoying after like a minute.

Only suggestion I would want to give you is the following! Take an exhaust that has the valve in the outer bypass pipes. If you do this then the exhaust is quiet in efficient and on the highway because the valves are closed when cruising. If you opt for another type of exhaust that has the valves for instance really close to the (inner) tailpipes then you end up with a much louder exhaust even when the valves are closed. Example: Don't choose Eisenmann, but Lightweight, Remus or Akrapovic. Have a look how their systems are made and you will notice the other pipes having the valves, and with valves closed they are really quiet and comfortable, open them up and you have the noise.

MPE for the OG M2 is rubbish in my opinion. Cheap made rubbish that allows you to keep your warranty, but that is just me. I never loved that thing. It rattles, drones and vibrates. Add that to the horrible remote and the idiotic button in the trunk and it says enough. There are so many great options in the market at a similar price tag and I would always suggest people to get Remus over a MPE.

MR
Thanks for this Marc.

Coincidentally I cancelled my Lightweight order in the week and got my deposit back yesterday.
I'm considering a Milltek exhaust, but from what you have said it sounds like Remus is a serious contender.

Karl
      03-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #80
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

MR
That's interesting because based on sound in videos, i was leaning towards an Eisenmann. What's your opinion on Active Autowerkes?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:34 AM   #81
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Thanks for this Marc.

Coincidentally I cancelled my Lightweight order in the week and got my deposit back yesterday.
I'm considering a Milltek exhaust, but from what you have said it sounds like Remus is a serious contender.

Karl
Karl, I have had many people asking me for Milltek the last few days. If you are interested, let me know. I digged out all the pricing and I am happy to share them via PM.

I have not heard Milltek yet, so I cannot make any decent comparison with what I know now. For me the Remus and Akrapovic are winners over the Eisenmann and the Lightweight. Eisenmann is just LOUD, immensely LOUD without any decent character, and I did not even hear the Race, but that is mainly because of how the system is build. The valves are after the backbox and on the inner pipes. Of course, the one I heard was a full cat-back.

If I had a choice and I would not go Akrapovic, I would be intrigued by the AA midpipe and Remus (race) (carbon tailpipes) combination. Milltek has never been my initial choice, but from a price point of view you get a lot for a lower price tag than Remus. Therefore definitely consider it. I can get you a AA midpipe in Europe and within the UK.

I have still not heard the AA midpipe. No time and some delays, and I missed that opportunity for now. I am still destined to hear it since you guys are talking so highly about it.

Quote:
That's interesting because based on sound in videos, i was leaning towards an Eisenmann. What's your opinion on Active Autowerkes?
I have not heard it live. BAN_M2C's video was quite good and gave a good indication on how it sounds. Quite a different sound track to mine now with the catless set up. All in all for a money point of view a wonderful choice if you are in the market, sound wise hard to compare, but it feels like my set up is more raspy and the sound is "thinner" in higher revs than BAN's set up. In the end, both our setups are absolute mayhem.

Compare both videos and you have an idea. Of course, the different microphones play a part in how it sounds in real life, but at least it gives you some idea. I still need to make a final edit and combine our clips into one video.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 03-24-2019 at 06:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4154.50
      03-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #82
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:

MR
Thx for the informative reply. You're making the exhaust purchase a lot easier!

I really want to go with REMUS after reading your post but that 1050e extra for only the carbon tips is a bit of a deal breaker imho

Remus exhaust is Ø 70 mm. These chinese tips are 70mm too, you reckon they would fit?

Last edited by Dav3; 03-24-2019 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #83
Bloodynine
Private
Rep

Quote:
If I had a choice and I would not go Akrapovic, I would be intrigued by the AA midpipe and Remus (race) (carbon tailpipes) combination.
MR
Hi Marc,

That’s interesting - how would you compare both the Akraprovic slip on only and then the Akraprovic link pipe combination vs the Remus race system?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #84
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

Quote:
Miltek (OPF)

Do you know which milltek system this is, the "Street legal" version or the louder "race system"?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #85
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsturbo View Post
Do you know which milltek system this is, the "Street legal" version or the louder "race system"?
Street Legal up to OPF by description
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #86
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thx for the informative reply. You're making the exhaust purchase a lot easier!

I really want to go with REMUS after reading your post but that 1050e extra for only the carbon tips is a bit of a deal breaker imho

Remus exhaust is Ø 70 mm. These chinese tips are 70mm too, you reckon they would fit?
If you only want to go for a slip-on, then I would suggest the Remus, but be aware I did not know hear the Milltek yet! If you prefer that one more based on the videos, than please don't rule it out.

I would not know if they fit. It would be something you have to check later. It is a total unknown for me if they would fit. You can always try it, since they do not seem to be that expensive.

MR
Appreciate 1
M2GT120.00
      03-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #87
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodynine View Post
Hi Marc,

That’s interesting - how would you compare both the Akraprovic slip on only and then the Akraprovic link pipe combination vs the Remus race system?
Akrapovic Slip-on + Linkpipe is no comparison for any slip-on system on a EU car. Totally different sound track and when you have the linkpipe installed the car completely transforms. Not just increase the sound track a bit, but a complete change. The absence of the OPFs has a massive impact.

Akrapovic Slip-on vs Remus race is the only thing you can compare. I have to put the video files next to each other to have a proper listen, and share it with you guys here.

MR
Appreciate 1
M2GT120.00
      03-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #88
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Thanks for this Marc.

Karl
Karl, I have had many people asking me for Milltek the last few days. If you are interested, let me know. I digged out all the pricing and I am happy to share them via PM.

I have not heard Milltek yet, so I cannot make any decent comparison with what I know now. For me the Remus and Akrapovic are winners over the Eisenmann and the Lightweight. Eisenmann is just LOUD, immensely LOUD without any decent character, and I did not even hear the Race, but that is mainly because of how the system is build. The valves are after the backbox and on the inner pipes. Of course, the one I heard was a full cat-back.

If I had a choice and I would not go Akrapovic, I would be intrigued by the AA midpipe and Remus (race) (carbon tailpipes) combination. Milltek has never been my initial choice, but from a price point of view you get a lot for a lower price tag than Remus. Therefore definitely consider it. I can get you a AA midpipe in Europe and within the UK.

I have still not heard the AA midpipe. No time and some delays, and I missed that opportunity for now. I am still destined to hear it since you guys are talking so highly about it.

Quote:
I have not heard it live. BAN_M2C's video was quite good and gave a good indication on how it sounds. Quite a different sound track to mine now with the catless set up. All in all for a money point of view a wonderful choice if you are in the market, sound wise hard to compare, but it feels like my set up is more raspy and the sound is "thinner" in higher revs than BAN's set up. In the end, both our setups are absolute mayhem.

Compare both videos and you have an idea. Of course, the different microphones play a part in how it sounds in real life, but at least it gives you some idea. I still need to make a final edit and combine our clips into one video.

MR
Out of both YT clips IMO - Decat and AA CBE mashed Akra on sound/tone and price/VFM - no brainer for non OPF car owners.

OPF aftermarket is more of challenge....I'd like to hear eisenman race rear pipes with oem OPF midpipe and HFC DP's