BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Smoking Tire: 600hp Noelle Tuned M2C Tested

03-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #23
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Because not everyone goes stop to stop light racing around town.
Also, I think that there is no way the tune touches either of those systems. Plus, I would never trust anyone other than BMW to touch the stability control. Way too much at risk for half ass tuning on a safety system.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #24
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I stopped reading the original thread when the OP claimed "More importantly the cars stability and traction control systems are MUCH better."

How does a vehicle that's already severely traction-limited, due to its max 265 rear tires, improve with more power. :

There are exaggerations and then there's strait up lies, one I'm ok with but if you try to insult my intelligence, I take that personally. ✌🏻
How convenient..

So what's the point of claiming 600hp if the car can't put it down, yet, mention it for what, bragging rights?

All that power is just for cruising the boulevard?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 10:19 PM   #25
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I stopped reading the original thread when the OP claimed "More importantly the cars stability and traction control systems are MUCH better."

How does a vehicle that's already severely traction-limited, due to its max 265 rear tires, improve with more power. :

There are exaggerations and then there's strait up lies, one I'm ok with but if you try to insult my intelligence, I take that personally. ✌🏻
How convenient..

So what's the point of claiming 600hp if the car can't put it down, yet, mention it for what, bragging rights?

What does convenience have to do with it?

My point was, it doesn't put it down stop light to stop light. Above that (e.g., the highway) it puts it down just fine. Also, a simple tire upgrade makes a significant difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 10:23 PM   #26
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Also, I think that there is no way the tune touches either of those systems. Plus, I would never trust anyone other than BMW to touch the stability control. Way too much at risk for half ass tuning on a safety system.
I have never used any of the traction controls or driver aids in any of my m/// cars over the past couple decades.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 01:07 AM   #27
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How convenient..

My point was, it doesn't put it down stop light to stop light. Above that (e.g., the highway) it puts it down just fine. Also, a simple tire upgrade makes a significant difference.
When you're supposedly touching 600hp, even with the right 265s tires and a slick Active LSD, the fact is, it's only driven on the rear wheels, which means it could never properly put down power to the ground, of which that dyno is bragging about.

It's easier to hit those numbers in a controlled environment, than on the streets. I bet that doesn't translate into any meaningful times.

With that kind of power, AWD is the only option, so the thick torque curve could properly be harness to the tarmac or else it's a pointless exercise in burning out and possible overwhelming the limitations of the vehicle, to a lethal position.

This is why cars like the M5 and M8 comes X-Drive standard and has forgo their signature RWD platform, BMW is known for. With that kind of power, it's a different playing field.

At that juncture, the best you can hope for is they offer an AWD setup that's toggle-able to RWD and it's constructed with enough light-weight components, to offset the mass penalty, AWD drivetrain encompasses, however, its a necessary evil, at that powerband.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #28
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How convenient..

When you're supposedly touching 600hp, even with the right 265s tires and a slick Active LSD, the fact is, it's only driven on the rear wheels, which means it could never properly put down power to the ground, of which that dyno is bragging about.

It's easier to hit those numbers in a controlled environment, than on the streets. I bet that doesn't translate into any meaningful times.

With that kind of power, AWD is the only option, so the thick torque curve could properly be harness to the tarmac or else it's a pointless exercise in burning out and possible overwhelming the limitations of the vehicle, to a lethal position.

This is why cars like the M5 and M8 comes X-Drive standard and has forgo their signature RWD platform, BMW is known for. With that kind of power, it's a different playing field.

At that juncture, the best you can hope for is they offer an AWD setup that's toggle-able to RWD and it's constructed with enough light-weight components, to offset the mass penalty, AWD drivetrain encompasses, however, its a necessary evil, at that powerband.
Its like your ignoring my post. You are assuming you have to give 100% throttle from the get go and will never touch the interstate. If they modify power, isn't it possible they may modify the tires with 265/305 r888r or something of that nature? Controlled environment or not, it will put the power down just fine with upgraded tires. There is also a big difference between HP and WHP. BTW, have you been in a 600HP/WHP M3 or M2 with upgraded tires? How about any car at that number with sticky tires?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #29
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

Quote:
Its like your ignoring my post. You are assuming you have to give 100% throttle from the get go and will never touch the interstate. If they modify power, isn't it possible they may modify the tires with 265/305 r888r or something of that nature? Controlled environment or not, it will put the power down just fine with upgraded tires. There is also a big difference between HP and WHP. BTW, have you been in a 600HP/WHP M3 or M2 with upgraded tires? How about any car at that number with sticky tires?
Check. Cup2, 295 wide, more than enough to start with at "only" 600hp. If you cannot handle the drama you should have picked an Audi to begin with anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #30
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
Quote:
Check. Cup2, 295 wide, more than enough to start with at "only" 600hp. If you cannot handle the drama you should have picked an Audi to begin with anyway
What are u rambling abt?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #31
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

Quote:
What are u rambling abt?
No rambling intended, just confirming that 295mm/600hp works perfectly fine.
About the Audi remark, mind the smiley. I had fast Audi's.
And 3x an ///M, now a 2020 M2C
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:08 AM   #32
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
Quote:
What are u rambling abt?
No rambling intended, just confirming that 295mm/600hp works perfectly fine.
About the Audi remark, mind the smiley. I had fast Audi's.
And 3x an ///M, now a 2020 M2C
Oh lol. Ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:08 AM   #33
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

I call BS on the HP figure and the owner seems a bit like a tool.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #34
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I call BS on the HP figure and the owner seems a bit like a tool.
This summarizes the last few Noelle threads. Deja Vu
Appreciate 0