M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Vorschlag degree/mm

09-14-2023, 11:00 AM   #1
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Vorschlag degree/mm

I expect this to vary per setup for mm/degree of camber, but I believe it should be fixed when referencing the shock body center since all shocks mount in the same place

I'm getting ready to install my camber plates. I'm trying to calculate an estimated change in camber for my setup to rough it in before alignment. If I'm at -1.9 degrees currently. Adding the camber plates at a neutral position should yield a similar camber value. By knowing the mm/degree of the shock body I should be able to estimate my desired position.
      09-14-2023, 11:27 AM   #2
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I went straight to the horses mouth.

"It's roughly 1/8 of a degree per mm of movement."
      09-16-2023, 08:35 PM   #3
Brokenbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2c and S2000

Was installing vorschlag camber plate myself today w Farkle diy, was doing great until the top nut fused to the ball joint when impacting as instructed… had to unwind the strut to remove the camber plate. Now the nut is fused to inside of the ball somehow. Can’t twist or hammer it out…. Any ideas? Or have to get replacement parts from vorschlag?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 09:32 PM   #4
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbones View Post
Was installing vorschlag camber plate myself today w Farkle diy, was doing great until the top nut fused to the ball joint when impacting as instructed… had to unwind the strut to remove the camber plate. Now the nut is fused to inside of the ball somehow. Can’t twist or hammer it out…. Any ideas? Or have to get replacement parts from vorschlag?
I seriously read this and thought I had drunk posted. Except last night I wasn't drinking. The exact same thing happened to me last night in the passenger side mount. I had to use a socket ant a rubber mallet to get the top nut out. Oddly the top nut was a fresh one recently ordered from Vorschlag. I don't know if debris in there or what. I had a couple more top nuts on hand. I was able to file down the burr inside the mount and reinstall.

Try putting a bit of wd40 in there and whacking the hell out of it. In reality Its probably less stress than hitting potholes and regular abuse the camber plates receive.

When you get it out you'll like find burrs o the inside of the mount and grooves cut into the top nut. Order new top nuts from. Vorschlag. It'll be too screwed up to fix with Emory cloth. Get a round file to smooth the burs until the new top nut slides in line normal.

I wouldn't have known except I didn't like the way the spring was sitting so I wanted to back it off and reposition the spring. When I backed it off the strut dropped but the nut stayed in place
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 10:47 PM   #5
Brokenbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2c and S2000

Ok glad I’m not a total idiot… but glad you had extra nuts around. I tried again today hammering out top nut w a socket… no dice. It’s stuck good. Gotta get new parts.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 06:37 AM   #6
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbones View Post
Ok glad I’m not a total idiot… but glad you had extra nuts around. I tried again today hammering out top nut w a socket… no dice. It’s stuck good. Gotta get new parts.
At least with new parts you won't be worried about whether you messed something up by whacking on it .