BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > What is the actual CBS schedule for 16-18 OG M2? (USA)

09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

What is the actual CBS schedule for 16-18 OG M2? (USA)

So I had my second annual service today on my '18 M2 (24 months) and was a bit confused on what services are supposed to be done. Unless I'm reading wrong, new TIS says the M2 should have spark plugs and air filter done at oil change #2. I asked my service advisor and he said that it's not supposed to be done until oil change #4, and that the break-in oil change does not count. If that's true, then no one would ever get spark plugs covered under free 3-year maintenance unless they drove 40-60,0000 miles in 3-years, but that amount of mileage contradicts all the recommendations out there for previous BMWs of 25-30k miles for the M cars. Anyone driving less than the mileage required to get an oil change more often than every 12 months will never qualify before the maintenance plan runs out.

The f80 guys all say that they get spark plug replacement covered at 20-25k or the 3rd oil change(https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1251391). Additionally, for brake fluid flush f80 side say it is covered every other year, but my SA said this is on 4th oil change also. New TIS says 24 months for brake fluid flush, and that after 2011 BMW prolonged the brake fluid service to 36 months in NON-US CARS ONLY, which again is contradictory from what my SA says.

What gives? Anyone have more insight? If it's covered by BMW next year I'll hold off, otherwise I'm going to do plugs and fluid flushes this year myself.

Last edited by Mosely; 09-10-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
So I had my second annual service today on my '18 M2 (24 months) and was a bit confused on what services are supposed to be done. Unless I'm reading wrong, new TIS says the M2 should have spark plugs and air filter done at oil change #2. I asked my service advisor and he said that it's not supposed to be done until oil change #4, and that the break-in oil change does not count. If that's true, then no one would ever get spark plugs covered under free 3-year maintenance unless they drove 40-60,0000 miles in 3-years, but that amount of mileage contradicts all the recommendations out there for previous BMWs of 25-30k miles for the M cars. Anyone driving less than the mileage required to get an oil change more often than every 12 months will never qualify before the maintenance plan runs out.

The f80 guys all say that they get spark plug replacement covered at 20-25k or the 3rd oil change(https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1251391). Additionally, for brake fluid flush f80 side say it is covered every other year, but my SA said this is on 4th oil change also. New TIS says 24 months for brake fluid flush, and that after 2011 BMW prolonged the brake fluid service to 36 months in NON-US CARS ONLY, which again is contradictory from what my SA says.

What gives? Anyone have more insight? If it's covered by BMW next year I'll hold off, otherwise I'm going to do plugs and fluid flushes this year myself.

For my '17 M2 my dealer did plugs at 20k (they said it's technically 25k service) and brake fluid service at 2 years. Both covered under free maintenance period. Both ended up coinciding with oil changes.
Appreciate 0