BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment after camber plates

10-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Alignment after camber plates

Hi everyone,
I'm having an odd issue I hope someone here will have insight into. I installed some GC Camber plates and took my car to get an alignment. Everything went fine however in spite of the alignment being good, both camber plates are adjusted completely different from each other. According to GC they should mirror each other(which makes total sense).

My mechanic and I put the car back on the lift, double checked everything. Everything was reassembled correctly and measures the same. Neither of us can tell why both plates would be so different.

Has anyone dealt with something like this before and have any advice about where/what to look for? The car has never been hit so the plates shouldn't be compensating for anything out of the ordinary.

Edit: I should note.. One plate is in Race mode while the other is in Street mode, that said, from what I can tell the only difference between the modes is which holes are used for the bolts....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by M2OG; 10-12-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm having an odd issue I hope someone here will have insight into. I installed some GC Camber plates and took my car to get an alignment. Everything went fine however in spite of the alignment being good, both camber plates are adjusted completely different from each other. According to GC they should mirror each other(which makes total sense).

My mechanic and I put the car back on the lift, double checked everything. Everything was reassembled correctly and measures the same. Neither of us can tell why both plates would be so different.

Has anyone dealt with something like this before and have any advice about where/what to look for? The car has never been hit so the plates shouldn't be compensating for anything out of the ordinary.

Edit: I should note.. One plate is in Race mode while the other is in Street mode, that said, from what I can tell the only difference between the modes is which holes are used for the bolts....

Thanks in advance!
Mine is -2.5 up front GC plates MCS coilovers. Plates are set identical
Appreciate 0