BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Clicking sound elevation change

05-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Clicking sound elevation change

I have eibach springs and spacers on my car for almost 2 years now. I've been having this minor clicking sound during elevation changes and more noticble in parking lots where you have to go up/down while turning. Also I notice a click everyday when I pull out of my garage and down a slight slope. It's been going on for almost a year but the car drives fine.

The dealership wasn't able to help me as they said I would need to bring my car back to stock suspension in order for them to look deep into it. I'm thinking of bring my car to a shop but not sure exactly what this clicking sound is.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
HP Autosport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Have a good look at the endlinks first, then the bearing in the strut mount. What we have seen on a lowered vehicle the endlinks can reach their articulation limit at full lock with the suspension at full compression or droop.
Appreciate 1
D CHOI521.00

10-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #3
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Have a good look at the endlinks first, then the bearing in the strut mount. What we have seen on a lowered vehicle the endlinks can reach their articulation limit at full lock with the suspension at full compression or droop.
Finally decided to have someone take a look since I'm due for an alignment. Endlinks were inspected and seemed fine. He also took a look at everything else and everything seemed fine from the outside. He hasn't got the chance to take apart the strut but said most likely there is nothing wrong and at the end he concludes most likely could be a bearing issue. He wanted me to have another tech look at it who has more experience to try and figure out the issue.
Appreciate 0