06-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Endless Mx72 opinions

Hi,

I was just about to buy some Ds2500 but the mx72 have caught my eye.

Please can anyone running the mx72 let me know the following :

1) dust levels compared to stock pads?

2) cold bite compared to stock pads?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      08-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, I'll answer my own question - LOL!

1) Dust is a bit less than stock, but is different - I guess as these pads are creating adhesive friction (instead of the standard abrasive friction on OEM), the dust sort of clings to the surface of the alloy a bit more - it's not particularly difficult to remove, but it doesn't wash away quite as easily as the OEM pads.

2) The cold bite is less than the OEM M2 pads, but those are extremely grabby (until they fade!!!). Comparing them to another car (our Merc C-Class), they actually feel very similar initially in cold bite to those OEM pads.

If you stomp on the pedal, the initial bite is fine with the Endless, but then there is a slight pause as the rotors warm up (not long, just slightly noticeable) and then the pads become really strong with every bit of extra pedal pressure.

It took a few days to adjust from the overly grabby OEM M2 pads, but I really like them now - strong braking with no fade (at fast road speeds).

SeanWRT also kindly fed back similar feedback on the cold bite when I PM'd him directly (as I saw he was running these pads).

I bought mine from Nengun (Japan) in their sale - saved ~£150 compared to buying them in the UK (even when all the duty and taxes were factored in).
Appreciate 3
ES BMW67.50
gnx751.50
chris7197273.00
      08-20-2019, 06:47 AM   #3
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Thanks for the update! Always been an endless fan and usually my go to pad choice.
      09-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
BirdsEye
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I'm generally a lurker but felt the need to post on these as I've recently got a set of Endless mx72 plus on the front of my M2. I was hoping they would be able to cope with the stress of a trackday while being liveable as a 'daily'.

I must say, despite the price I'm really impressed with these pads. They've coped with a trackday and some hard road use and yet there is a small amount of squeal at low speeds (like parking speeds) but otherwise I can't complain at all. They work well from cold and have a really solid bite, the couple of times I have noticed some squeaking I just give them a workout and then it seems to go away.

As mentioned above the dust isn't much of an improvement but tbh that doesn't bother me. If anyone wants a dual purpose pad then I can highly recommend these!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update re the dust - it is actually super easy to remove - with just a sponge it all comes off and the alloys are left gleaming - I honestly don't think I'll need to use wheel cleaner again whilst using these pads! Super pleased with them!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 10:16 AM   #6
elemental_yyz
Elemental
China
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition

Great help, I just recently thinking to change OEM pad before trackday
Appreciate 0